Talk of coup rears its ugly head again

webfact

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Post removed.

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

1 minute ago, Joromei said:

This is ridiculous  they need every Thai on the streets 

But unfortunately, whilst what you say is the answer, the Thai book of bravery vies only with the Arab book of bravery for top spot as the thinnest books.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

One thing that is not being taken into account here, is that in the past there was always a moral authority who blessed the coups. That situation no longer exists. 

Moot point. Doesn't the same rather nebulous moral authority routinely give formal approval to anyone who presents themselves as head of government, elected or otherwise?

4 hours ago, z42 said:

Well another coup i imagine would not be welcomed by anybody, and they would need to follow the Burma / North Korea model which quite simply would be catastrophic for Thailand's stability in the medium term, let alone long 

I wonder how a coup would be justified as it is his own party that is causing all the commotion. Frankly the last 5 years have been an utter disgrace, the country simply couldn't survive a repeat 

Well I think seeing that a lot of people voted for Prayut party members, another coup would not be so unwelcomed.

Let sleeping soi-dogs lie!

Where were you in 2010?

What would happen here, if the Thai people were to behave like the people of Hong Kong, and show some resolve, show disapproval of this incompetent government, and decide it is time for the army to depart the scene? Nobody likes them, nobody approves of them, and they are despised by most. They are harming the economy, utterly devastating tourism (Western tourism, the kind that bring in the money), and have no vision for the future. Get rid of the goons. Another coup? Or would the army finally get the memo?

Sent from my SM-A730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, legend49 said:

Bring it on lets see how these so called generals operate because their hopeless in government

We haven't got enough time for that! There's apparently 1,700 generals and admirals to get though.

Even if you gave them all only one day each in charge, it would take nearly five years to get through the list.

555 after the junta came to power they started the clampdown on illegal fishing. The people complained to the small one in camo that they cant afford seafood anymore. His answer was that they if they cant afford seafood they must eat chicken. Does this not remind you of "eating cake".

Absolutely.

And I'm sure we can think of a few volunteers for Madame Guillotine....

I think you are missing 1976, 1982, 2010 etc. There are still people missing after uprisings. Activist are found in the Mhekong gutted with cement boots. Others get attacked every other week by thugs. You just dont read about the resistance be ause the Thai press are cowards.

Not in our lifetime.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

While the general is trying to blame the politicians for the ongoing turmoil, Thanathorn said it was actually the former junta leader who is benefiting from the chaos. 

Where anarchy rules the military reign... 

I think that if there is another coup then I am going to leave Thailand before all the killing begin and it will be worse than what they had at victory monument.

The dictator only wants his way or no way. 

2 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

agree and calling his bluff would bring near universal disapproval of the military's involvement in politics.

truth is if he cannot form a government he should do the honorable thing and stand down for the good of thailand and it's people.

i'm guessing that won't happen though

In other words, admit he is completely incompetent as a politician and a leader. That is an absolute fact, and it sure would be fun to watch him admit it! He should stand down, but it appears he has had a taste of power and great wealth and loves them both. 

5 hours ago, porphyry said:

Gen Prawit Wongsuwan said last month that the military will have to maintain power over the civilian government for the next five years because it is “necessary” for the “transitional period”. Isn't that a coup?????

I see zero difference between this dictatorship and the one it is 'replacing', other than in nominal name. It's a farce and everyone knows it.

So the country will remain in a state of coup.

For that is that state that it is in, regardless of a chamber full of suits.

And that is the state that the pantomime of elections was designed to maintain it in, regardless of any claim that it would be run by a "legitimate" government.

For the third time:

"A puppet government is acceptable.

If it becomes impossible to form one then the regime carries on in its current form, with rule by decree.

Because the civilian, would be members of government, will have proven themselves:

"lacking in the devotion and commitment to unification, reconciliation and progress, and too selfish to sacrifice personal ambition for the greater good of the kingdom and its people".

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

Many experts in TVF, full of them. More experts on TVF then there are CIA/special forces/ex SWAT/ex SAS members etc then in the bars of Soi 6 Pattaya. ????  Perhaps there should be a special "Experts" forum

There already is. It's called Farang Pub.

Archived