Talk of coup rears its ugly head again

webfact

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, randy723 said:

I think that if there is another coup then I am going to leave Thailand before all the killing begin and it will be worse than what they had at victory monument.

The dictator only wants his way or no way. 

Do you have direct red line to know when it will begin?

5 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Oh my god, he cannot be serious. This is the PM saying, listen if you don't do what I say, I will just stage another coup.

TIme to apprehend this person and put him to trial. 

After all is said and done, he and he alone is responsible for this mess. Dodgy constitution which isn't even the one that got 'approved' two years back. 

Prayut and Suthep should face summary execution. Their guilt is already established: treason and murder. 

54 minutes ago, JamesBlond said:

The deep state orchestrates the coups. The deep state is in control. The notion that a breakaway faction of the army could have a counter-coup is crazy talk. They know which side of their bread is buttered.

Sorry but the 'deep state' is an American affectation. In Thailand, it's called the 'third hand'.

Same same but different.

Like my TGF.

For all saying its not possible, it is more than possible.

What do you think will happen if he can not form government or his party becomes minority?

All the tricks have been played, nothing left in the closet.

Only 2 options, call for new elections or a coup.

New elections out of question, so there is your answer, the only remaining question is who will take over, 

P Tou or the new Army head who also happens to be the son of an Army head who led coup before.

5 hours ago, BobBKK said:

a coup against the coup?  unlikely with their hold on the guns etc.

No. A stage managed 'coup' will secure several years more of unaccountable control for the current players.

5 hours ago, BobbyL said:

It is a shame that the Thias aren't as passionate about democracy and politics as the Hong Kong citizens.

Perhaps in another generation or so. 

You must be kidding! There's freedom of protest in HK, you don't get arrested for just protesting. Thailand is a completely different story, since the last coup, the freedom of protesting has been suspended and then eliminated. Anyone suspect of protesting will be arrested and who knows what might happen to this person. 

Here we go again ,Thailand the World is laughing at this Country and this Dictator.

tourist just won't come here any more ,baht going through the roof expats leaving for a multitude of reasons.

but look in the bright side Thailand will be here tomorrow,but will anyone live here.

It is a shame that the Thias aren't as passionate about democracy and politics as the Hong Kong citizens.

I have many Thai friends that are deeply upset about this "election" and I assume they are a reflection of a majority of the population as my friends come from all walks of life. And they have shown their passion in the past as evidenced by the yellow and red shirt movements with widespread occupations of the streets, etc. 

But they never seem to protest against coup leaders with the passion they have in the past against democratically elected governments. 

7 minutes ago, spermwhale said:

I have many Thai friends that are deeply upset about this "election" and I assume they are a reflection of a majority of the population as my friends come from all walks of life. And they have shown their passion in the past as evidenced by the yellow and red shirt movements with widespread occupations of the streets, etc. 

But they never seem to protest against coup leaders with the passion they have in the past against democratically elected governments. 

They seem to enjoy the stability of a dictatorship. The last 5 years were certainly very quite and if there was another one the Thais would probably embrace it, sad but true

The HK citizens and students have the intelligence,education and understanding of world affairs that would take Thais several generations to appreciate....if they started now.

4 minutes ago, madmen said:

Dream on. Which way did the baht go in the last 5 years? 

Pretty much back where it was in 1995; 38 down to 90something and back again. 

39 minutes ago, spermwhale said:

Because military coup leaders will joyfully kill anyone who gets in the way of them and their faction.

They are fanatics and extremists who take pleasure in harming "traitors".

Once you go against them and their faction you have to be prepared to go "all the way".

Never mind being prepared to die for the revolution, being prepared to kill for it is what gets the job done.

Who do you have in mind to kill for the revolution?

Sooner or later, if they really want Democracy, that is the question that the people of Thailand have to ask themselves.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

“The actual problem is Prayut. He should stop blaming politicians and rise above the row between elected politicians,” Thanathorn said. 

wishful thinking, does anybody thinks Prayut will take the blaim... it's not me it's him

3 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

When you have a psycho waiting in the wings then you have to ask what has taken so long. The good news of course is that this could well be the last one if the Thais have guts in numbers.

But Thais are spineless - fact

As a military coup is performed by the ROYAL Thai Military which is controlled by the King of Thailand does not the leader of the armed forces have to go before the King and have a decree declared by the King of Thailand for the military to stage the take over of the country as was done for the previous coup and as Prayut is NOT the leader of the Royal Thai Military then it can only be assumed that he would also get kicked out by the current military leader. Interesting times ahead I think.

Archived