Visa after Court Visa

A little ocnfused on this one.

I entered Thailadnd on a Non-B years ago. I was living here on yearly extensions based on retirement and then on the basis of taking care of my family (Thai) off teh back of teh non-B. I am now married to a Thai.

I am a victim of massive fraud and after court cases I took against a bunch of people who defrauded me - one of the people involved sued me back in a criminal offense sent to the wrong address intentionally but nevertheless accepted into the system by the court. That case has been suspended (for the last 6 years) until conclusion of the case I have against them which is due back from the Supreme Court in the next few months. It's been six years on the 30 day, 60 day merry go round of getting the passport from the court and sending it back in between getting the 30+60 day extension from immigration - not an inexpensive process since I had to leave the province to protect my family who were threatened.

Anyway, assuming the malicious criminal case against me eventually arrives in court and gets thrown out (it is a malicious case without grounds) or the case is dropped by the perpetrator in fear of a malicious prosecution case by me, what is the result on my visa status?

I have a further case in court against a Thai lawyer who cheated me as well which is ongoing which will not likely be concluded before the long ongoing malicious criminal case.

I am concerned my non-B visa has been compromised and that I will have to exit the country and go through the whole rigmarole of applying either for a non-B (which I don't think I can get now as the companies were also defrauded and though recovered have no profits and tax records and no ongoing business - just assets to sell as I quit trying here anymore), or a marriage type visa.

Immigration have said two different things. The first officer said I just go back on the non-B and apply as soon as the court visa finishes all done within Thailand and the second officer said I have to apply to get the blacklist removed then leave the country and start again which would also mean that PR status would have to start again regardless of whether the case was malicious or not.

Does anyone know the real position with immigration law in such a case as the advice from immigration seems contradictory? Can I go back on the old non-B, forced to leave to get a marriage / family support visa or extend on yet another court type visa based on the case I have against the cheating lawyer? What would be least hassle and least expensive?

Thanks In advance

The extensions have been for the original entry from a non-b visa which means you could apply for an extension of stay based upon working if were able to get a work permit and the required paperwork.

I don't think you are blacklisted. I think you are only prohibited from leaving the country. The blacklisting does not occur until your are convicted and deported from the country. You just need to have the restriction from you leaving the country lifted if found not guilty.

After your case is over you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife so that you would not have leave the country immediately.

It might be best to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage. You can get a work permit and work with it. To apply for it you would need 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht income.

• Like 1