Rumours of military putsch dismissed

snoop1130

Rumours of military putsch dismissed

By The Nation

800_b5e37f206b7734a.jpg

General Prayut Chan-o-cha, left, and General Prawit Wongsuwan

Key government leaders on Tuesday dismissed talks of a possible coup to solve the ongoing disputes for Cabinet seats within Phalang Pracharat Party.

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha said he did not want his message in the apology letter to be misinterpreted. 

In an open letter on Monday, Prayut apologised for the rows within the party that had nominated him as a prime ministerial candidate. In the letter he also said that the new government should aim to meet public demands and properly run the country. 

“The goal is to prevent politics from becoming a problem that leads to the same solution again. That’s something nobody wants to happen again,” the letter said. 

The message was viewed as a veiled threat of another military putsch, especially at a time when the Army is being led by Prayut’s most-trusted commanders.

However, on Tuesday the PM said there were no threats in the letter as he personally did not want another coup even though he led one in 2014 to oust the Pheu Thai Party-led elected government. 

“Nobody wants a coup or counter-coup. That day [May 2014], I would not have staged a coup if it could have been avoided. This time, we should try to solve problems in the proper manner,” Prayut said at Government House. 

He also called on all sectors, ranging from the government and the opposition to private and civil sectors, to work together and help with efforts to introduce national reforms. 

Deputy PM General Prawit Wongsuwan, who is also defence minister, ruled out any possibility of a coup. 

“I don’t think there will be one at all,” he said when asked to comment on speculation of a possible “self-coup” to end disputes within Phalang Pracharat.

Prawit, who is in charge of security affairs, said he was certain that Prayut will be able to solve all disputes. 

“The PM is a decisive man, and I believe he can definitely solve all problems,” he added.

Source: http://www.nationthailand.com/news/30372154

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-02

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that the dynamic duo has worked out that in spite of their title of General, they will not be part of equation if there is a new coup as they are no longer part of the military and are relatively friendless. With a bit more thinking they might work out they are the ones to be made unemployed by any new coup. 

Time to engage brain before operating mouth.

For goodness sake form a government and show some leadership.

Well that comment may apply to some other place, not here though. This fluffing around will be ongoing and that's fine he's the PM and the cash is flowing in the right direction.

If there were a coup, it wouldn’t come from them, BKK is now under the Kings Guard who answer directly to RAMA X, Prayut and Prawit are from the Queens Guard who are disliked by the king and have been moved away from BKK. Basically they’re being gradually sidelined and could end up in a prison which shouldn’t be named at the drop of a pin.

Just having 'rumours of a military putsch', in itself showns plain and clear, even to un-informed foreigners, what it is at in the Kingdom of Thailand.

Ah, when the Thais would be half as brave as in the nationalist songs and other military propaganda, ...they might, at last, come up, and kick away big time those nationalists and military!

...But, guess what, the 'system', holding this country in its strong grip, has brainwashed so many generations of meek Thais through its des-education system, so...

8 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“The goal is to prevent politics from becoming a problem that leads to the same solution again. That’s something nobody wants to happen again,”

There was no solution last time....There was treason yes but solution no

"Do you hear the people sing?
Singing the songs of angry men!" (Les Miserables)

Unfortunately not, unlike in Hong Kong where the populous have reacted against the puppet government. If only the Thai people had the same backbone.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The goal is to prevent politics from becoming a problem that leads to the same solution again. That’s something nobody wants to happen again,

The definition of madness; doing the same thing over and over expecting the result to be different  - otherwise known as Thainess.

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

I would not have staged a coup if it could have been avoided.

Yes, we understand. It was the only way you could grab power from the elected government and get you and all your extended circle of mates back on the gravy train.

9 hours ago, Artisi said:

if the little general doesn't get his act together quick smart, he mightn't have any say in a counter coup....

Too true. Someone will instruct the the psycho General to remove this bunch of corrupt, incompetent lying thieves, and install a true murderous dictatorship if they are not careful. 

12 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Does anyone (apart from Steven) believe any of the nonsense that comes out of his mouth ?

"My Democratic coup is going to be the last one in Thailand - - - Umm - - Me and Tic Toc said so"

In an army ridiculously top-heavy with generals - - -I don't think so. (Is Steven a general too?)

Prayuth and Prawit don’t have the power anymore to stage a coup - but they are so full of themselves that they don’t realize it yet.
The next coup will be staged to remove them - planning is well underway.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

6 minutes ago, boonrawdcnx said:

Prayuth and Prawit don’t have the power anymore to stage a coup - but they are so full of themselves that they don’t realize it yet.
The next coup will be staged to remove them - planning is well underway.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Many grumblings over the election from Chiang Mai Red Shirt cells.

9 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

If there were a coup, it wouldn’t come from them, BKK is now under the Kings Guard who answer directly to RAMA X, Prayut and Prawit are from the Queens Guard who are disliked by the king and have been moved away from BKK. Basically they’re being gradually sidelined and could end up in a prison which shouldn’t be named at the drop of a pin.

Unfortunately your prediction of prison for these scum, albeit "that one" would be too good an option and frankly a waste of space.

Archived