Rumours of military putsch dismissed

snoop1130

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha said he did not want his message in the apology letter to be misinterpreted. 

“Nobody wants a coup or counter-coup. That day [May 2014], I would not have staged a coup if it could have been avoided. This time, we should try to solve problems in the proper manner,” Prayut said at Government House.

His new statement sounds exactly the same as the previous one. So what am I "misinterpreting" - He says he doesn't want a coup, but it is a possible "unwanted" solution. Remember, this man didn't want to be PM either ????

12 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Does anyone (apart from Steven) believe any of the nonsense that comes out of his mouth ?

Millions of sheeple who wished for him to be PM and believe that 112 ethical. Systemic brainwashing works...who knew 

1 hour ago, graemeaylward said:

"Do you hear the people sing?
Singing the songs of angry men!" (Les Miserables)

Unfortunately not, unlike in Hong Kong where the populous have reacted against the puppet government. If only the Thai people had the same backbone.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I do wish people like you would stop spouting such nonsense. If there was a major uprising they'd be many dead in Thailand quickly. The world eyes are on HK which is why the Chinese haven't already gone all tiananmen on the HK protesters yet and are being relatively tame. If an uprising happens in Thailand I look forward to seeing you on the front line along with your comrades. 

14 minutes ago, SABloke said:

His new statement sounds exactly the same as the previous one. So what am I "misinterpreting" - He says he doesn't want a coup, but it is a possible "unwanted" solution. Remember, this man didn't want to be PM either ????

That's the problem with having two dxcks, you don't know which one should be in charge... 

13 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Does anyone (apart from Steven) believe any of the nonsense that comes out of his mouth ?

If it came out of his 2nd opening it would at least have been kinda understandable … 

18 minutes ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

I do wish people like you would stop spouting such nonsense. If there was a major uprising they'd be many dead in Thailand quickly. The world eyes are on HK which is why the Chinese haven't already gone all tiananmen on the HK protesters yet and are being relatively tame. If an uprising happens in Thailand I look forward to seeing you on the front line along with your comrades. 

Do you really think the Chinese government give a rats arse who's eyes are on them in relation to HK? 

In the letter he also said that the new government should aim to meet public demands and properly run the country. 

But will or can it do that? ????

In 5 years of a "Junta led" governance (& S44), corruption, cronyism and RTP 'laziness' is still rife! Will this change? ????

20 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Do you really think the Chinese government give a rats arse who's eyes are on them in relation to HK? 

I do, otherwise they'd have cracked down harder and they still might. Look what they have got away with in the NW of the country away from prying eyes. A 1,000,000 people detained.

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Yes, we understand. It was the only way you could grab power from the elected government and get you and all your extended circle of mates back on the gravy train.

Don't forget that he was also just a few months away from mandatory retirement, something he obviously wasn't looking forward to; from head of the Army to puttering around the house overnight.

1 minute ago, GalaxyMan said:

Don't forget that he was also just a few months away from mandatory retirement, something he obviously wasn't looking forward to; from head of the Army to puttering around the house overnight.

Well he decided to try something else as he would have been useless puttering around the house, and as it turned out seems he is also usless in what he chose.

59 minutes ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

And do you realise how ridiculous you sound? No one is talking a major uprising; Expats cannot be in the front line because if they were you and all other expats would pay for that. Get a grip of yourself. The Hong Kong protests were peaceful to begin with and protests can be peaceful. You need to read some of the comments, and understand, from the previous related thread. Maybe you don't think freedom is worth a protest and you have the freedom to make that choice...built from people in the past who fought for it.

In keeping with Thailand’s status as an ultra-modern, progressive, and scientific society. The coup will be announced and conducted on Dear Leader’s (immensely popular) Facebook page.

All Thai citizens will be required to check for updates every 30 seconds and immediately obey all instructions from above.

This will ensure a safe, efficient and cost-effective coup.

42 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

And do you realise how ridiculous you sound? No one is talking a major uprising; Expats cannot be in the front line because if they were you and all other expats would pay for that. Get a grip of yourself. The Hong Kong protests were peaceful to begin with and protests can be peaceful. You need to read some of the comments, and understand, from the previous related thread. Maybe you don't think freedom is worth a protest and you have the freedom to make that choice...built from people in the past who fought for it.

Actually people on TV have talked about a major uprising and accused Thai people of being spineless for not staging an uprising.Also Expats have been on the front line of previous uprisings in Thailand and did pay for that but I'm not sure other expats payed the price for their actions.At the moment I think it is still illegal for more than five people to gather without government permission.Although some demonstrations can be peaceful here they can easily be extremely violent,there have been several massacres in Thailand's recent past.If anybody hits the streets in this current climate they will be putting their life on the line.When there are other more peaceful and safer options to explore first I don't think it sounds ridiculous to advise against protesting on the street in front of guns with itchy fingers on the triggers.     

27 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Actually people on TV have talked about a major uprising and accused Thai people of being spineless for not staging an uprising.Also Expats have been on the front line of previous uprisings in Thailand and did pay for that but I'm not sure other expats payed the price for their actions.At the moment I think it is still illegal for more than five people to gather without government permission.Although some demonstrations can be peaceful here they can easily be extremely violent,there have been several massacres in Thailand's recent past.If anybody hits the streets in this current climate they will be putting their life on the line.When there are other more peaceful and safer options to explore first I don't think it sounds ridiculous to advise against protesting on the street in front of guns with itchy fingers on the triggers.     

But are trouble maker planted among the protesters deliberately.

40 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I think you are getting a bit ahead of yourself. A peaceful protest wouldn't be risking life and it would need to only one to make a point. The Thai Junta wouldn't want to show force where China is showing restraint (at present). Expats have no right to protest against the Junta and they would be in the wrong to do so. I have not read a post that says Thai people are spineless but I have read, and posted, the Mai pen rai attitude and that is by far not the same. But these have been opinions and not, I repeat not, advice. The first step, as I have said on related threads, is a petition and that is a peaceful protest. But for petition to send the right signal must contain signatures en masse. This is the correct political step to take and endangers no one. And that is not advice either, it is simply stating procedure.

Everyone bravely from their phone or laptop, on a site with mostly only foreigners, talking about thai people needing to get into the streets to go against this all.....will you be leading them? Will you be the first in the streets to show how it's done?

Archived