Rumours of military putsch dismissed

snoop1130

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“The goal is to prevent politics from becoming a problem that leads to the same solution again. That’s something nobody wants to happen again,” the letter said. 

Translated means... now the military have the government seat there's no need for another coup.

Military are now the government, the government is the military... complete control.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

"Do you hear the people sing?
Singing the songs of angry men!" (Les Miserables)

Unfortunately not, unlike in Hong Kong where the populous have reacted against the puppet government. If only the Thai people had the same backbone.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

So mayhem and chaos is preferred over stability? Not what I want. 

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“The goal is to prevent politics from becoming a problem that leads to the same solution again.

if that's the case, quit, resign, go back to the barracks and let the politicians do the politics, 

1 hour ago, Jo3200 said:

Everyone bravely from their phone or laptop, on a site with mostly only foreigners, talking about thai people needing to get into the streets to go against this all.....will you be leading them? Will you be the first in the streets to show how it's done?

Well, it's true. If Thai people want this lot gone they'll have to do something. Otherwise the junta are not going anywhere. This isn't a brave statement. It's a rudimentary observation. 

1 hour ago, TKDfella said:

I think you are getting a bit ahead of yourself. A peaceful protest wouldn't be risking life and it would need to only one to make a point. The Thai Junta wouldn't want to show force where China is showing restraint (at present). Expats have no right to protest against the Junta and they would be in the wrong to do so. I have not read a post that says Thai people are spineless but I have read, and posted, the Mai pen rai attitude and that is by far not the same. But these have been opinions and not, I repeat not, advice. The first step, as I have said on related threads, is a petition and that is a peaceful protest. But for petition to send the right signal must contain signatures en masse. This is the correct political step to take and endangers no one. And that is not advice either, it is simply stating procedure.

I agree I might be getting a bit ahead of myself and sometimes I get way more than a bit ahead of myself.I also agree with you about a peaceful demonstration would not be risking life as long as it remaind peaceful but as Percy suggests there is always the risk of trouble makers turning things ugly.I also agree that the present government/junta would show restraint in the event of a peaceful protest in the form of petitions and there are petitions being submitted but as you state they are not really en masse due to the mai been rai effect.I suspect that some of those that suggest that Thais hit the streets maybe frustrated by the slow speed of progress and the Thais reluctance to force the situation with a more direct form of confrontation.I'll try and find a post(if indeed they exist) that says that Thais are spineless.   

On 7/1/2019 at 5:44 AM,             

There is NO democracy because the Thai people are SPINELESS, they need to physically get out on the streets and throw the army out, cut them down to 25% of what they are then do the same to the police. All those at the top should be made  accountable.

18 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

But Thais are spineless - fact

18 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

But Thais are spineless - fact

15 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

If Thai people want this lot gone they'll have to do something. Otherwise the junta are not going anywhere.

Until the "junta" are no longer in power, meaning the present mob transcend into the "government" the people have no options to protest as any form of opposition is against military rule, which for some reason "they" seem to be hanging onto ????

Undecided times, & going backwards at a rapid rate of knots!

15 hours ago, bangrak said:

Just having 'rumours of a military putsch', in itself showns plain and clear, even to un-informed foreigners, what it is at in the Kingdom of Thailand.

Ah, when the Thais would be half as brave as in the nationalist songs and other military propaganda, ...they might, at last, come up, and kick away big time those nationalists and military!

...But, guess what, the 'system', holding this country in its strong grip, has brainwashed so many generations of meek Thais through its des-education system, so...

They tried, bravely, in 1976 and on two other occasions, with appalling consequences. Many were killed and many were badly wounded. Before you throw insults you should have at least a little knowledge of what you are talking about.

7 minutes ago, CGW said:

Until the "junta" are no longer in power, meaning the present mob transcend into the "government" the people have no options to protest as any form of opposition is against military rule, which for some reason "they" seem to be hanging onto ????

Undecided times, & going backwards at a rapid rate of knots!

I thought the junta was in power until the next government was formed which as yet it hasn't and Phrayuth said this may(or may not)happen by the end of this month so the transcendence is not quite complete.At this stage Phrayuth democratically elected Junta leader and still has section 44 at his disposal.

26 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

At this stage Phrayuth democratically elected Junta leader and still has section 44 at his disposal.

Thats my understanding, ridiculous as it may be, commenting on the situation becomes pointless, they can do what they want & obviously want that condition to long continue!

Their will be no coup more in the years to come. Most Thailand's Army Commander in Chief that served before at the Queens' Guards including Prawit Wonsuwan, Anupong Paochinda, Prayuth Chan-ocha, Udomdej Sitabutr and Teerachai Nakwanich. Gen Somtat Attanand (2002) and the current army chief Gen Apirat Kongsompong are from the Kings' guards and their have been no coups during the time when a Army commander in Chief came from the Kings' guards.

Interestingly 8 generals from the Queens' Guard have been retired from the Privy Council over the past 3 years and the newly appointed are all linked to the Kings' Guard. Furthermore the Royal Guard 904 are now in charge of Bangkok and no longer more the Queens' guards from Prachin Buri.

Their will be no more coups in Thailand but possible an advise to Prayuth Chan-ocha to either setup a stable government or get an outsider from one of the coalition partners such as from the BJT party and I put my money on Anutin Charnvirakul.

8 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

"Do you hear the people sing?
Singing the songs of angry men!" (Les Miserables)

Unfortunately not, unlike in Hong Kong where the populous have reacted against the puppet government. If only the Thai people had the same backbone.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Thais and backbones should not be mentioned in the same sentence. 

23 minutes ago, MobileContent said:

Their will be no coup more in the years to come. Most Thailand's Army Commander in Chief that served before at the Queens' Guards including Prawit Wonsuwan, Anupong Paochinda, Prayuth Chan-ocha, Udomdej Sitabutr and Teerachai Nakwanich. Gen Somtat Attanand (2002) and the current army chief Gen Apirat Kongsompong are from the Kings' guards and their have been no coups during the time when a Army commander in Chief came from the Kings' guards.

Interestingly 8 generals from the Queens' Guard have been retired from the Privy Council over the past 3 years and the newly appointed are all linked to the Kings' Guard. Furthermore the Royal Guard 904 are now in charge of Bangkok and no longer more the Queens' guards from Prachin Buri.

Their will be no more coups in Thailand but possible an advise to Prayuth Chan-ocha to either setup a stable government or get an outsider from one of the coalition partners such as from the BJT party and I put my money on Anutin Charnvirakul.

That is almost word for word what a now banned from Thailand reporter posted on his FB page.  Be careful.  However you final para I would disagree with as putting back Thailand to where it was 87 years ago is more the order of the day IMO

On 7/2/2019 at 7:45 AM, snoop1130 said:

Prawit, who is in charge of security affairs, said he was certain that Prayut will be able to solve all disputes.

Proof that Prayut feels pretty secure. If you have Ole Sleepy in charge of making sure there are no security issues. The Toad can barely stay awake through his meals. 

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

A "self coup"; now that is something I - for one - never heard of before. 

Never a dull moment indeed! 

It's not a new thing in Thailand,  fieldmarshall Thanom Kittikachorn did it back in 1958. General Prem Tinsulanonda did kinda the same with forming new coalition governments several times when he got stuck. 

If there would be a coup,  I don't think it would be Prayut & Prawit (queens guard). Those regiments have been moved out of Bangkok (to reduce traffic jams they say...), the kings guard is now in place. And though Apirat is said to be friends with P&P, he only answers to one person. 

Archived