Do visa overstays expire/can they be wiped clean?

I have a total of 2 overstays (both less than a couple of days) from about 6-8 different entries into Thailand on Tourist Visas. Both were complete accidents and I tried to leave the last day of my visa on both of them but couldn't for various reasons. I even had to forfeit my flight on one occasion, causing the latest overstay, because the Bangkok airport officials wouldn't let me board the plane.

I recently applied for an Elite Visa so that I can enter and leave Thailand without all the Tourist Visa hassles, but based on the initial screening email they sent me, an applicant will get rejected by immigration officials if he/she has more than one overstay. The sales people there haven't even responded to me after telling them I have two overstays, which I find ridiculous and cautionary given that I'm considering paying them many thousands of dollars for their "world class service", but that's neither here nor there.

My question: is there a way to clean this off my history, or will it be on my name forever meaning I'll never be able to get an Elite Visa?

Edited by Boy Wonder
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Boy Wonder said:

My question: is there a way to clean this off my history, or will it be on my name forever meaning I'll never be able to get an Elite Visa?

No, it will stay on your history.

I doubt a couple of short overstays will stop you getting a PE visa.

A couple of 2 day overstays should not be a problem. How long ago were they?

Just do the application online and see if it gets approved by immigration. You don't have to pay the fee until it is approved.

A member had an overstay and was trying to apply in person but the staff were saying no. He applied online and got the approval.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

A couple of 2 day overstays should not be a problem. How long ago were they?

Just do the application online and see if it gets approved by immigration. You don't have to pay the fee until it is approved.

A member had an overstay and was trying to apply in person but the staff were saying no. He applied online and got the approval.

One was around December/January, the other was my most recent Tourist Visa which expired about a month ago. I am now on a Non-Immigrant Education visa to learn Thai, but once that is finished I want to do the Elite Visa.