New BMW’s for Police/Immigration

MrJ

Just today at Jomtien Imm. Office - 3 brand new BMW 330e with cameras on the roof - for speeding or illegal businesses ?

IMG_2340.thumb.JPG.cfc5e71271ee54df3c59ed771df5aa9b.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
That is a real fast police car. Unfortunately a Thai cop could not handle such a car.[emoji12]SmartSelect_20190702-150747_Chrome.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Lovely new cars for Thai Police Immigration. Well done.

They should use these cars to go and pick up the poor retirees who are harassed with never ending paperwork on visa extensions, extra documentation required,  90 day reporting, re-reporting by having to go back because some honorable uniform suddenly changed the rules behind the counter etc etc....Yes...use these cars to drive people to and fro by creating the VIP 90 DAY REPORT !...good price for you hansum, Sir ! ????

I thought they were the new GT4000s - the infamous new facial recognition devices which can detect anyone with criminal convictions, anyone without the correct visa, or anyone from Africa.

Saw one in Bang Saray last week, very smart and it was in western (UK) livery, not the one shown here. No more being chased down on the motorway by a 10 year old brown pick up. I notice that the Royal Thai Navy Police around the Sattahip Base have been driving such cars for a couple of years.  I guess that they get priority nowadays

And not one, single police patrol car in Pattaya to enforce traffic laws or respond to calls for service. Then there are police pickup trucks that seem to do nothing more than drive around with emergency lights flashing for whatever reason.  Sedans seem to be reserved for the brass, whilst the ordinary drones drive pickups. 

18 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

wow.  BMWs.  What a waste of money for a small town police force that covers only a few square miles.  Do they pay those high import tarrifs on these cars?  Are they considered luxury imports?

Probably assembled at the Thailand BMW facility at Rayong 

18 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

wow.  BMWs.  What a waste of money for a small town police force that covers only a few square miles.  Do they pay those high import tarrifs on these cars?  Are they considered luxury imports?

Considering the RTP are part of the government why would they pay the import tarrifs ?

21 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

What are those metal boxes mounted on the roof, behind the light rails?

Maybe they are used to detect people on overstay ????

"What are those metal boxes mounted on the roof,"    Money box !  

21 hours ago, SteveK said:

I thought they were the new GT4000s - the infamous new facial recognition devices which can detect anyone with criminal convictions, anyone without the correct visa, or anyone from Africa.

And if spots one, it can shoot them straight away - and effectively put a hole in one.

Archived