Foreigner Last Will ? Beneficier Thai, not married. Info ?

Dears,

Last will for foreigner. Beneficier Thai, not married.

Subject: Condo, Bank accounts in Thailand.

What is the most secure way to do it?  (lawyer)

Can it get it registered/stored at a government entity?

Thanks a lot for any info.

JH

What province of thailand do you live ,   forum members familiar  your province 

hopefully , will advise you on reputable English speaking lawyers.

Good luck.

Edited by elliss

Most Amphurs will record a foreigners Will for a small fee and some will also store it

Original must be in Thai, with an attached translation in your native language, that specifically names your beneficiaries, if Thai is a good idea to include their ID number.  And yes the executor can also be a beneficiary but at some point a lawyer will be needed for probate

Some Amphurs require a medical certificate ( you know sound body and mind and all that) some don't , just check, and they will also require two Thais to witness your signature.  Usually the ladies working there will be happy to be witnesses, just be kind

Understand that the Thai version is the legal one and is what a court will recognize

You don't need a lawyer and most want to "keep" the Will for you.  Bad idea, he was probably the notary and so could change the contents and re-notarize it.  You will find that most Thais regard lawyers up there with buffalos on the trust scale 

Edited by Langsuan Man
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

You will find that most Thais regard lawyers up there with buffalos on the trust scale

You can trust buffaloes to do the same thing in a predictable, plodding way.  In Thailand, with no Law Society to complain to, you can trust a lawyer to charge you the maximum for doing the least; all the while looking for a slice.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 10:30 PM, elliss said:

What province of thailand do you live ,   forum members familiar  your province 

hopefully , will advise you on reputable English speaking lawyers.

Good luck.

I'm living in Bangkok.

Yes, would be great if somebody can recommend a lawyer ?

I googled and found a tiny 'law office' (?) which offers to write it for 12 000.-THB, saying giving 2 copies and they will keep 2 copies. 

Steep price, I find. I think I read somewhere that it is possible to write it yourself and get registered ??

Sure, to be on the safe site I prefer it is done by a lawyer.

Yes, I really want to register it at an Ampur (?) as  'Langsuan Man" mentioned it.

Edited by JohnHauser