Video: Elderly Briton found dead in Pattaya movie theatre

webfact

I'm in my 70's and have lived permanently in LOS for 14 years. During this time I've attended many cremations of close, and not so close friends. most of whom were in their late 70's and 80's. Despite the fact that several died in hospital after spending more than a month under medical supervision, a post-mortem was carried out on all of them. In each case the the top of the skull was removed and then clumsily replaced, subjecting the widow/family to great distress, delayed cremation and additional expense. (about 10,000bht)

I know of one 98 year old gentleman,  with a recent hospital record of ill health who surprisingly died at home of 'old age'. Despite the pleas/protestations of his family he was subjected to the same macabre post-mortem.

Maybe the cash registers start ringing when a farang dies, regardless of the feelings of the deceased's family! I can't think of any other reason other than to find out what a non-Thai educated brain looks like!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, joebrown said:

I'm in my 70's and have lived permanently in LOS for 14 years. During this time I've attended many cremations of close, and not so close friends. most of whom were in their late 70's and 80's. Despite the fact that several died in hospital after spending more than a month under medical supervision, a post-mortem was carried out on all of them. In each case the the top of the skull was removed and then clumsily replaced, subjecting the widow/family to great distress, delayed cremation and additional expense. (about 10,000bht)

I know of one 98 year old gentleman,  with a recent hospital record of ill health who surprisingly died at home of 'old age'. Despite the pleas/protestations of his family he was subjected to the same macabre post-mortem.

Maybe the cash registers start ringing when a farang dies, regardless of the feelings of the deceased's family! I can't think of any other reason other than to find out what a non-Thai educated brain looks like!

I'm pretty sure with the UK that's it's a requirement by the embassy when a foreign national dies abroad there's a post mortem. Perhaps the same with other embassies?

I hope he finished his popcorn. He must have had either his passport or Thai driver's license on him to identify him so quickly. At least he was comfortable in his last moments....but maybe the movie was really bad and that did him in. Why would you go to see a horror movie at his age? A bit odd.

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Either a very scary movie or very cold in there. 

Seems a sad end.

You're right it was always ridiculously cold in that cinema my misses would bring a blanket... I would dread the time we forgot the blanket it was like an arctic breeze blowing over you

1 hour ago, joebrown said:

I’ve lived here for a number of years also and seen a few old friends passing on. Three who where under doctors care at home or in hospital did not undergo post mortems. Two who died suddenly did undergo post mortoms, however I don’t remember any issue with the skull when I seen them in the coffins. 

11 hours ago, Fred white said:

Need to ban these horror movies they kill people ???? but on a serious note RIP

Don't worry. Give the gov a week or 2 to confirm he was scared to death. They will then step in and make a country wide ban on all horror flicks for the safety of the people and their tourists. 

Passed away quietly at the ripe old age of 78 only to have his death ridiculed by some low life’s on TV. Absolutely shameful of you so called grown men. RIP Bernard Wilfred Channing. 

22 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Either a very scary movie or very cold in there. 

Seems a sad end.

Better than under a "ten-wheeler" he was comfortable in a chair when his lights went out.

RIP fella.

16 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

he came to Pattaya on holiday ,and then went to see a movie

I went to see a movie ( sometimes more than one) every single time I "holidayed" in Thailand..why ?  because its much cheaper than in England.

Yes must have been a comoplete horror for the guy sitting next to him.  RIP to the old man. 

This is Annabelle comes home, I'm planning to go watch it myself 

Archived