Thai TV wanted to feature German after his BBQ chicken exploits: Big Oud gives more details

webfact

Thai TV wanted to feature German after his BBQ chicken exploits: Big Oud gives more details

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTU2NC83ODIyMDc4LzQoMSkuanBn.jpg

Caption: BBQ-ing chicken led to his downfall!

More details have emerged in the case of a German man who was praised on social media for helping his Thai wife barbecue chicken in Pak Chong. His helpful display led to him coming to the attention of the authorities and his arrest on an Interpol warrant for drugs. 

After Fernsebner Maximilian, 34, became a social media sensation many TV companies beat a path to his door wanting to feature him on national TV. 

But, knowing his past, he turned them all down, said acting immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong "Big Oud" Chingduang yesterday. 

Now it has also emerged how he managed to slip into Thailand and avoid detection for so long.

Sanook said there was a warrant out for his arrest for running a drugs business through the internet. In his past he also had arrests for theft, robbery, snatch theft and pedophilia. 

Lt-Gen Sompong said that Fernsebner came into Thailand in 2017. At the time Interpol had not yet informed the Thais of the arrest warrant in Germany. 

He was living with his wife in Ban Pong Prathun, Pak Chong, Nakorn Rathcasima trying to stay under the radar.

On finding out that there was an arrest warrant ready for him he traveled to the border at Nakorn Phanom and left Thailand. This was an effort to make it look like he had really left Thailand. 

But shortly after he paid a Laotian man to bring him over the border through a natural route and enter Thailand illegally without a stamp. 

He then resumed his low key existence in Pak Chong - until someone spread his face all over social media cooking up the chicken. 

Following this the German Embassy contacted the Thais to say that he was wanted on a warrant and the Thais went to his house but he got wise to their arrival and escaped into a swampy area.

While there he got in touch with his mother in Germany who contacted the German authorities. He wanted to give himself up but would only do it if staff from the German Embassy went to his house. 

When they turned up he gave himself up and was taken into custody. 

He had evaded capture in the water by breathing through a tube, said the immigration chief. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-03

so he pretended to live thailand and still stayed at the family home of his wife for 2 years and showing himself publicly to pictures. He still stayed there after tv's shown up. Smart guy, will end up in jail every single time he brakes the law  

With the global spread of technology and the sharing of information criminals are finding it truer than ever that as the old saying goes, "you can run. but you can't hide." Now just need to get the Thais a bit more active chasing their own criminals who have done a runner.

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

He wanted to give himself up but would only do it if staff from the German Embassy went to his house. 

Wow, if true! The American ambassador has never invited me to his house and the US embassy always keeps me locked up in a sprawling cage when I visit. I don't think they would ever come to my house...

21 minutes ago, webfact said:

But shortly after he paid a Laotian man to bring him over the border through a natural route and enter Thailand illegally without a stamp.

That will start a few brains whirring.

I wonder if his Thai wife has young children by another man?  

21 minutes ago, webfact said:

But shortly after he paid a Laotian man to bring him over the border through a natural route and enter Thailand illegally without a stamp

Is that the guy with the sign that says Enter Thailand Illegally by Natural Route?  

30 minutes ago, webfact said:

Sanook said there was a warrant out for his arrest for running a drugs business through the internet. In his past he also had arrests for theft, robbery, snatch theft and pedophilia. 

So all in all a very nice guy... bit daft though, putting himself out there to bee seen like that...

28 minutes ago, Snuller21 said:

Hope he will get the punishment he deserve as a pedophile. 

He was arrested for this in Germany.

In his past he also had arrests for theft, robbery, snatch theft and pedophilia.

53 minutes ago, webfact said:

Fernsebner came into Thailand in 2017. At the time Interpol had not yet informed the Thais of the arrest warrant in Germany.  

I assumed that immigration always check the red notices of Interpol when they had his details, but obvious they did not do that, to much work?

Even you and me can check them online https://www.interpol.int/How-we-work/Notices/View-Red-Notices

1 hour ago, somtumwrong said:

'Thanks, a*****, for making us look stupid and low again.' Our reputation is set by the lowest scum found here. Drugs and little children, huh? Must be awful for the wife, from fame to complete loss of face and shame in just a few days. 

Still got the chicken stand though, so some good  news.

48 minutes ago, RotMahKid said:

I assumed that immigration always check the red notices of Interpol when they had his details, but obvious they did not do that, to much work?

Even you and me can check them online https://www.interpol.int/How-we-work/Notices/View-Red-Notices

The news article says it hadn't been posted by the German authorities at the time of his first entry into Thailand..so what are you trying to say? 

2 hours ago, somtumwrong said:

'Thanks, a*****, for making us look stupid and low again.' Our reputation is set by the lowest scum found here. Drugs and little children, huh? Must be awful for the wife, from fame to complete loss of face and shame in just a few days. 

It only takes a few of them to make all of us look like freaking idiots. 

This week Immigration might have an eye on Germans, who knows?

The wife doesn't seem to care much about the guy, more about an income that the guy could somehow provide. I'd never say that he sold drugs, or anything else. 

1 hour ago, bkkatl said:
2 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

The news article says it hadn't been posted by the German authorities at the time of his first entry into Thailand..so what are you trying to say?

The way I see it, immigration can check Interpol for red notices. Immigration also (allegedly) have an all-singing-all-dancing-database with all foreginers details on. Is comparing the two regularly - or even automatically - that difficult? Or have I also missed something obvious?

2 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Where did you see that a red note had been issued? 

Following this the German Embassy contacted the Thais to say that he was wanted on a warrant and the Thais went to his house but he got wise to their arrival and escaped into a swampy area.

Interpol was informed by the Germans, but he must be a real bad ass criminal to be on the red list. And he isn't on any list of Interpol. So why do you come up with your  red note nonsense?

Mr. Fernsebner's 'Top 10 Things I Hate About Thailand' list:

1. barbeque chicken
  2. barbeque chicken
  3. barbeque chicken
  4. barbeque chicken
  5. barbeque chicken
  6. barbeque chicken
  7. barbeque chicken
  8. barbeque chicken
  9. barbeque chicken
  10. barbeque chicken

3 hours ago, Snuller21 said:

Hope he will get the punishment he deserve as a pedophile. 

He was wanted for selling drugs on the internet, nothing else.

"Sanook said there was a warrant out for his arrest for running a drugs business through the internet."

49 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

1. Goose now well and truly cooked
  2. barbeque chicken
  3. barbeque chicken
  4. barbeque chicken
  5. barbeque chicken
  6. barbeque chicken
  7. barbeque chicken
  8. barbeque chicken
  9. barbeque chicken
  10. barbeque chicken

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

1. barbeque chicken
  2. barbeque chicken
  3. barbeque chicken
  4. barbeque chicken
  5. barbeque chicken
  6. barbeque chicken
  7. barbeque chicken
  8. barbeque chicken
  9. barbeque chicken
  10. barbeque chicken

11.  Facebook. ????

5 hours ago, webfact said:

After Fernsebner Maximilian, 34, became a social media sensation many TV companies beat a path to his door wanting to feature him on national TV. 

Is the world gone absolutely crazy?

By the way....about 7 years ago I helped my wife to sweep the floor...No Television Executive..sent hoards of reporters to feature me on their late night shows, even though I was definitely  spotted by a member of the public emptying the contents of my scoop into a blue bin on the Soi? 

5 hours ago, somtumwrong said:

[Our reputation is set by the lowest scum found here]... no its not, and it very fortunate that its not. Thai's are intelligent enough to treat us at face value and not according to our lowest common denominator... we are generally treated with equal indifference to everyone else around us and sometimes a little more favorably... 

In much the same way, the majority of us Westerners don't view all Thai's negatively because of a few idiots, its only a few posters lacking in critical thought who frequently voice those opinions the loudest... 

Archived