Great hobby tractor..

22 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

It doesn't seem to have enough mass to do any kind of work. Maybe as a riding grass mower,

Its what we call in Australia a ride on mower. Don't think it can do any real tractor work. Looking at 45 KW /60 HP plus to get serious.

1 hour ago, wotsdermatter said:

Kubota tractors dealership Viphavadee Rangsit Road, Bang Khen, Lak Si, Bangkok has tractors available and not as EMPTYPOCKETS suggests.  They are not just "...ride on mowers.

'nuf sed.

You need a heavy mass to get much work done, otherwise you're just going to spin the wheels, 4wd or not. A heavy mass usually requires more HP.

This is a small tractor that is suitable for small acreage or plots of land.

You can cut grass with the added attachment, also has a soil tiller attachment for light ploughing as well you can add a post hole digger for fencing. A blade attachment can be installed on the front for clearing.

Obviously the 4wd is needed in wet conditions as the tractor weight alone will not be sufficient to work properly without bogging down or track sliding.

image.png.91ab14b4d57b510bceaf4accf576f93d.png

On 7/3/2019 at 4:20 AM, VocalNeal said:

^ I've seen used ones for about 80,000. Grass cutting attachment is about 25,000.

They will be secondhand imports from Japan ,mine is a Hino 184 about 20 HP fwd cost us 72 ,000 had a few small problems ,but still a good tractor ,does us and our small place rearing a few cattle.

Famerjo has an old  Kubota same sauce done him well.

IMHO, the nicest small tractors were the Kubota KRT 140's.

For some reason, Kubota Thailand stopped making them 5-6 years ago.

Most of them were the + version, ie KRT140+ which had a proper PTO.

These tractors  are unlike anything else available.

They run the single cylinder 14 hp diesel motor, with electric start & alternator via 2 very long (103") drive vee belts to a 3 speed hi-lo box with 2 speed reverse at the back via a multiplate motorcycle type dry clutch behind the L/H rear wheel.

ie, for clutch work, most tractors inc the little 21 hp model in the OP, recquire the tractor to be "split" ie engine & gearbox to be seperated to get access to the clutch. A one day job at a dealers or two if you were doing it yourself and you had the tools and facilities.

With the KRT, drive belt guards off, rear wheel off, panel off, and you are looking at the clutch. 

Not even an hour. Basically as quick as a motorcycle clutch job.

Economy; my KRT will do in a day (cutting grass) for 150 Baht what my Ford 4000 needed 600 Baht in Diesel for, and hardly much slower.

What sets them apart also, is low weight. I sold our Ford 4000 because it had done all the hard work of years of ploughing and clearing land, but was too heavy (over 3 tons) for our plantation and was damaging the root system. The KRT weighs 660 kgs!

Google Kubota KRT 140+ for images and you get the idea.

Incredibly clever design and wonderful little tractors.

They were meant as the eventual iron buffalo replacement, and to allow a smallholder to sit down, instead of walk behind, but never fully caught on, possibly due to their initial high price, and Kubota's finance then was not as easy as it is now.

Average prices, S/H only obviously, are around 80-120,000, tatty to really nice for the bare tractor, and you can get good deals for around 150k for a model with a few ancilleries. Front, rear plough, grass cutting deck etc.

I may be tempted to sell ours if my arm was twisted hard enough.

Enclosed pics off the net (not ours) of what one looks like.

PM me if anyone is interested.

114759-8a186080a0b28881b0b561d84aed6d69.JPG.bba21e670aeed7db947a8f4855d5e409.JPG

ad62fb83-15d3-48c7-9a57-c850abba5d89.jpg.d1db88677ef85f7a109e4827110ca353.jpg

The B2140 is a current Kubota model, think i was quoted 300K with tiller and disc but no front blade from Mahasarakham branch. Facebook marketplace is worth checking out 160-195k seems to be the going price.

thaiguzzi....... if you lived anywhere near CM (actually i'm near chomtong)  I would have a look.

I've kinda been thinking about checking these little guys out.... 95% of what i need is grass cutting.

So will the attachment really enable a decent job?   If its rainy by the time we finish one end we have to go back and start again  55   GF loves using the machine shown but 6 rai is a little too much for the two of us.

Also shown is "yard"  so members here can see the terrain .  It is very level and large portions are clear without the mango trees.  Can tractor give a good cut ?

20190530_143609.jpg

IMG_240.jpg

1559087395753.jpg

1 hour ago, rumak said:

thaiguzzi....... if you lived anywhere near CM (actually i'm near chomtong)  I would have a look.

I've kinda been thinking about checking these little guys out.... 95% of what i need is grass cutting.

So will the attachment really enable a decent job?   If its rainy by the time we finish one end we have to go back and start again  55   GF loves using the machine shown but 6 rai is a little too much for the two of us.

Also shown is "yard"  so members here can see the terrain .  It is very level and large portions are clear without the mango trees.  Can tractor give a good cut ?

20190530_143609.jpg

IMG_240.jpg

1559087395753.jpg

Lovely plot that.. Must take a fair while with that push along !!

I have a little Honda push mower and worked out that I walk 8.5km when mowing our 2.5 rai plot.. Great exercise though ????

50 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Lovely plot that.. Must take a fair while with that push along !!

I have a little Honda push mower and worked out that I walk 8.5km when mowing our 2.5 rai plot.. Great exercise though ????

will the tractor's grass mower do well on my land ?   I don't expect a manicured lawn,  just an easy and level cut.     we'll use the push along for tight spots

25 minutes ago, rumak said:

will the tractor's grass mower do well on my land ?   I don't expect a manicured lawn,  just an easy and level cut.     we'll use the push along for tight spots

More than enough.

3 hours ago, rumak said:

Yes, easy peasy.

But a tractor will never cut as neat or as short as a strimmer or as a machine shown.

I have been cutting 64 rai of grass with tractors for well over 10 years here.

When grass cutters go bad.......

005.thumb.jpg.913b92928a64c9da862e3e3ccc716a3c.jpg006.thumb.jpg.ac0dc2a4b62b74712d55d109618ce1d5.jpg

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

I saw a nice L3408 for 160k incl 6 disc harrow, grass cutter and front blade. Looked like a little more grunt but not too big to get between the rubber trees ????

Yes, well then you are getting into weight problems again.

Established trees don't want to have their soil/roots disturbed too much with heavy machinery.

It is why most plantations use a strimmer only.

Obviously 34 hp has more grunt than 14 hp, but it depends on the job.

Over a 7-8 hour day i doubt my 14 hp 750cc KRT with a 1 metre wide grass cutting deck cut less than an hours worth that my 50hp 3 cylinder 3300cc Ford 4000 could do with a 1.2 metre deck.

Also torque is the important factor over hp with tractors, and they all have loads.

Since some of you guys are looking for a machine to cut grass of a bigger area easier than a lawn mower but with lighter weight and cheaper than a tractor these things could be interesting for you.20190713_220003.jpg20190713_220110.jpg20190713_220151.jpg20190713_220208.jpg

Kubota Thailand now show prices on their website, the B2140 comes in 2 versions the narrow(sugar cane worker with the cage) and standard both 235K bare. Its worth noting that the dozer blade is not shown as a peripheral for the narrow version so those wanting to push dirt around might want to seek clarification.

Just spied a beaut on FB,  218K with dozer and mower.

3 hours ago, CLW said:

Since some of you guys are looking for a machine to cut grass of a bigger area easier than a lawn mower but with lighter weight and cheaper than a tractor these things could be interesting for you.20190713_220003.jpg20190713_220110.jpg20190713_220151.jpg20190713_220208.jpg

The grass cutters come from Patepong in Pattomthanie , just north of Bangkok they have a website and some youtube videos. 

• 2 months later...

Bump.

Since purchasing our KRT+ in July 2013 it has done the following hours (me cutting grass);

2013- 129 hrs

2014- 126 hrs

2015- 117 hrs

2016- 78 hrs

2017- 53 hrs

2018- 46 hrs

2019- 19 hrs so far, prolly another 5-6 hrs to go.

As you guys can see, we don't really use it anymore, so it's time to sell.

What grass cutting is done  nowadays, is done by our staff with petrol strimmers.

Will post some pics next week after a wash 'n'rinse.

PM me if interested.

Hours from new - less than 900, freshly serviced.

All servicing since purchase - by myself - super simple to work on.

Comes with;

workshop service manual and parts book

tyres are 80/20 good

bolt on paddle steel wheels for rice paddy work

front dozer blade

rear 3 disc plough

1M rear grass cutting deck

Price is 160k. Firm.

Regards,

TG.

Edit, located 80 kms from Udon city and 80 kms from Nong Khai.

Can arrange 6 wheeler truck transport at your cost.

The wife and I bought a new B2420 five years ago.  Done about 1039hours.  Was about 500k baht at the time.  The best way to describe it is a really great engine on a junk tractor.  From early on the gearbox would grate engaging a gear, and we complained many times about it to the dealership. The fuel filter got whacked by a branch when slashing and broke off...leaving it dangling, not well positioned. Last year we had to get the seat reupholstered.  For a while the front axle seals have been Rs...have to get them replaced. It's been parked in the carport nearly every night but the paintwork looks 20 years old.  Next year it will be new tyres all-round.....should have bought an Iseki!  

Archived