Thailand's Highest Restaurant and Bar is now open at Mahanakhon Bangkok SkyBar

webfact

Thailand's Highest Restaurant and Bar is now open at Mahanakhon Bangkok SkyBar

Thailands_Highest_Restaurant_and_Bar-77bc06ccb78e587899dcf32203c1725b.jpg

Mahanakhon Bangkok SkyBar, Thailand's highest restaurant and bar is now open at Bangkok's landmark destination, King Power Mahanakhon

Escape to Bangkok's new signature dining destination and sky-high oasis with a world-class chef and exhilarating views

BANGKOK, July 3, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Mahanakhon Bangkok SkyBar, Thailand'shighest restaurant and bar is now open at Bangkok's landmark destination, King Power Mahanakhon.

Located in the heart of Sathorn and directly connected to Chong Nonsi BTS station, the new dining venue is situated on the 76th and 77th floor of the iconic pixelated building. Inspired by the Chaopraya river and the concept of an eclectic journey, a visit to the upscale modern brasserie allows one to step into an exotic escape from the usual hustle and bustle of Bangkok. Tastefully designed indoor and outdoor seating areas, along with exclusive VIP lounges offer a comfortable dining venue for guests to enjoy world-class mixology and unique dishes. As Wilson Associates' latest interior masterpiece led by Tristan Auer, Mahanakhon Bangkok SkyBar is Bangkok'snewest iconic dining destination.

Marc Begassat, Managing Director of King Power Mahanakhon said, "Following the successful launch of Thailand's highest observation deck last November, it is a pleasure to announce the opening of Mahanakhon Bangkok SkyBar, Thailand's highest restaurant and bar. This new milestone is a result of our passion in creating an exceptional dining destination and key landmark within a location that truly celebrates the city. We look forward to welcoming local and international visitors to King Power Mahanakhon as we continue to add unique attractions to Thailand's tourism landscape".

The modern brasserie features a menu of sophisticated Western and Asian dishes along with signature creations by Executive Chef Joshua Cameron. Previously based in New York's world-renowned Eleven Madison Park, the well-travelled US native finds culinary inspiration from his passion for travel and exploring international flavors. The menu is accompanied by an extensive list of classic cocktails and over 100 curated wines with an emphasis on natural wines.

Marrying French elegance with Thai-inspired patterns, the journey starts from the first step into a wooden paneled entrance. As visitors emerge into a more refined interior, a luxurious dining area is decorated with elegant lamps while floor-to-ceiling windows reveal an impressive view. Tales of an adventurous yet refined traveler are told through a large sculpture of a bull head, French antique books, Japanese ceramic pottery, and hand-painted vases that lead the way to an indoor white marble bar area. An outdoor terrace is transformed to resemble an urban jungle, surrounding guests in abundant greenery to evoke the feeling of a forest in the sky. Designed by Tristan Auer's world famous team at Wilson Associates, Mahanakhon Bangkok SkyBar is a journey that represents an urban escape for the modern city dweller and worldly traveler.

"The eclectic, yet elevated nature of this oasis in the clouds mirrors the style that our team is known around the world for bringing to our work," said Auer, Principal of Wilson Associates' Paris Atelier. "Mahanakhon Bangkok SkyBar was designed to be equal parts welcoming and energetic, and we are honored to have been selected as the team to bring that vision to life."

Mahanakhon Bangkok SkyBar will be led by Johan Per Simon Davidsson, a legendary force behind the success of multiple unique concept venues in the Bangkok hospitality industry. With over 15 years of high profile management experience and a passion in cocktail innovations, visitors can expect spectacular beverage, entertainment and shows in the near future.

Mahanakhon Bangkok SkyBar is open daily for dinner and drinks from 17.00hrs to 01.00hrs. For more information and to make a reservation, visit www.mahanakhonbangkokskybar.com or call +66 (0)2677-8722.

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Wouldn't it make sense to add a picture of the look out of the windows? Above picture could have been taken on the ground floor...

That's not the point, the point is to glue yourself on top of that photo and post it on facebook so you can gain face. Never mind food, view or such secondary things.

3 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Here's the dress code

Smart casual , no sleeveless shirts, no athletic garments,
no flip flops, no crocs

No crocs is a step to far do they do takeaways ????

NO CROCKS i will go to the noodle bar outside the front door, i pay more for my green crooks than a pair of leather lace ups, no crooks indeed. 

3 hours ago, potless said:

Credit to the original article for cranking in most of the superlatives known to mankind. Must have had a background selling condos.

It's not an article, it's a press release copied verbatim and posing as a news story. Happens on TV from time to time.

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It's not an article, it's a press release copied verbatim and posing as a news story. Happens on TV from time to time.

Yup but you know what I mean. Rupert Murdochs newspapers used to carry thinly veiled "news items" extolling the virtues of Sky tv on a regular basis.???? 

Be prepared to pay big money just to use the elevator. I went up there in December - 50% off promotion still cost 1300 THB for 2 people. Expect to pay 2500 to 3000 or so per couple or so now.

they take you up from the ground floor - no problem. on the way down they get you off on the 4th floor and you have to walk the maze of shops etc to get back out. The escalators are spaced very far apart.

6 hours ago, emptypockets said:

you have to walk the maze of shops etc to get back out

Yes, a genuine maze, took me a while to figure it out, you’d be there forever if there was a big group of Chinese ahead of you.

Thought the glass floor was great though, a first for me, and well worth the price (talking about the skywalk, not the restaurant).

Is this one of those "wanna-be-tight-shirt-tight-pant" joints, where you shell out € 100,-- for a meal for 2 and on leaving the restaurant you rush to look for the nearest lebanese shawarma-kebab late night open,  joint ?

54 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Is this one of those "wanna-be-tight-shirt-tight-pant" joints, where you shell out € 100,-- for a meal for 2 and on leaving the restaurant you rush to look for the nearest lebanese shawarma-kebab late night open,  joint ?

Did almost that on a night at Cielos https://www.cieloskybar.com/ only it was more like £120 & I had to have some food when we got home because I couldn't find anywhere open.

Have to admit it did make a nice change from our normal little drinking/eating place & on reflection worth it for the experience (& the views of Bangkok) but I  wouldn't go again. 

Might visit this new place when my parents visit (again, for the experience/views of Bangkok)

21 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Here's the dress code

no flip flops, no crocs

No crocs, 

That's torn it, I wont be able to take all the outlaws there now ????

13 hours ago, emptypockets said:

they take you up from the ground floor - no problem. on the way down they get you off on the 4th floor and you have to walk the maze of shops etc to get back out. The escalators are spaced very far apart.

It's a typical Thai method of trying to force you  to buy something, Tuktuks to jewelry shops because Grand Palace is closed, the layouts of shopping malls, etc. Out of principle I never buy anything from places that try that old trick.

22 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Here's the dress code

no flip flops, no crocs

No crocs? That will lose them a lot of Chinese customers. ????

Archived