Wrong birth date on visa? is it ok?

A friend is travelling to Bkk from india and his date of birth is off by 2 days. He's travelling within a day or 2. Should he risk it and travel given that he can just provide ID and his passport itself will have his correct information? or should he re apply. It'll take another week for him to get his information corrected and will miss his current schedule. Thanks for answering.

Edited by lastminutebozo

I once got a Thai tourist visa issued in Phnom Penh that stated that my nationality is Khmer. That was good for a laugh, but didn't cause any issues when entering the country. I'd go as far as saying that the IO probably didn't even notice it, and as long as they don't scan the machine readable data on the visa and let the computer compare that to your passport details (that they do scan), such a birthday mismatch shouldn't matter either.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I once got a Thai tourist visa issued in Phnom Penh that stated that my nationality is Khmer. That was good for a laugh, but didn't cause any issues when entering the country. I'd go as far as saying that the IO probably didn't even notice it, and as long as they don't scan the machine readable data on the visa and let the computer compare that to your passport details (that they do scan), such a birthday mismatch shouldn't matter either.

Wow haha I guess they do so many that mistakes happen. Thanks for the help!

I'm confused with this op. Where does date of birth appear on a visa. Perhaps I'm confused by my many visas on arrival to Vietnam. The visa itself obviously includes name and pp #.

The "letter of invitation" has all your details. Including date of birth. The airline checks every detail. Incorrect you not getting on plane.

Back to op...where is date of birth shown on your visa?

I received a new passport once and after using it for about a year, one time crossing a border I think in Thailand, that is where I was living, immigration noticed that my passport said I was a man, when I am a female!! They laughed about it and I just kept using it ...hardly anybody noticed it or cared very much.  I don’t look at all like I might be a man, or could have been at one time a man either!!!  I am very petite and feminine looking.

Eventually I got a letter from my consulate that attached inside stating they made a mistake and it should say female.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, amykat said:

I received a new passport once and after using it for about a year, one time crossing a border I think in Thailand, that is where I was living, immigration noticed that my passport said I was a man, when I am a female!! They laughed about it and I just kept using it ...hardly anybody noticed it or cared very much.  I don’t look at all like I might be a man, or could have been at one time a man either!!!  I am very petite and feminine looking.

Eventually I got a letter from my consulate that attached inside stating they made a mistake and it should say female.

You should not feel bad about being a LB! Very accepted. LOL

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm confused with this op. Where does date of birth appear on a visa. Perhaps I'm confused by my many visas on arrival to Vietnam. The visa itself obviously includes name and pp #.

Vietnamese visa only have the date of birth in the machine readable zone at the bottom of the visa. Thai visa stickers, on the other hand, also have a date of birth field further up, where the other personal details are listed.

• Thanks 1