British angler catches world’s biggest carp weighing 232lbs in Thailand

webfact

5 hours ago, Lenny Jones said:

There are many big lakes in the mid-north of Thailand, some of them holding up to 45 different species.

If you want a REAL sport-fishing challenge with a great culinary finish - Study and go for snakehead fish.

That'll keep you busy for the rest of your life!

Sounds good to me! I'll definitely look into both your suggestions ????

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Lenny Jones said:

Leather shoes? belt? wallet? handbag? fossil fuel in your car? leather seats? house got electricity made with fossil fuel? wooden furniture glued with animal-based glues?

Lots of dead animal stuff in your life?

yes im a meat eater cant beat it ! luv a good steak

26 minutes ago, Tomahawk21 said:

yes im a meat eater cant beat it ! luv a good steak

Then why did you falsely declare yourself as a vegan?

Just another attention-seeking troll - with nothing better to do with your life - - - - -

21 hours ago, robblok said:

I been there the lake is really small, 2 years ago I had a 90 kg carp in an other lake. These fish are massive, lots of fun.  

A black snapper weighing in at 45 kgs is much more fun.

1 hour ago, Lenny Jones said:

Then why did you falsely declare yourself as a vegan?

Just another attention-seeking troll - with nothing better to do with your life - - - - -

if you took the time to read the post that i tagged on the end of you would get it. i did not say i was a vegan, you assumed i said i was. 

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:24 PM, Myran said:

Do I really need to explain to you what an analogy is?

No, you don't, thanks.  Do I really need to explain to you that fishing and releasing carp is the exact opposite of shooting fish in a barrel?  

The Siamese carp basically became extinct in the wild 20 years ago - due to environmental degradation and overfishing (yes Thais eat them). BUT they have economic value as an angling species. Only reason they still exist outside Zoos. Mekong Catfish also probably extinct in the wild, only exist now due to artificial propagation and restocking in fishing lakes and reservoirs (on the reservoirs they are caught in nets by commercial fishermen). 

In these days of large human populations, over fishing for food and pollution, it is often anglers who care for these fish and stop them going extinct. In the UK I was once harassed by a vegan while fishing, accused of hurting the fish and killing water birds. When I asked them what they were doing to protect the fish, and what fish there were in the river, his only answer was I was the one killing them ……. Basically, if he couldn't see it, he didn't really know what was happening. I pay money every year to maintain the river, protect it against pollution and remove invasive species. The vegan did nothing. If he had his way, the world would have very few animals left, just humans and a lot of vegetables.

Most large animals still exist because they have value. Unfortunately some animals do become extinct if they are over exploited, but that is due to ignorance and poverty - usually it is about money. An animal needs to be worth more alive than dead if it is to survive in the human world.

Oh, one more thing. There is very little 'wild' fishing in Thailand. Thais will pump a pond dry and take EVERY fish, small rivers are mercilessly netted, trapped and spearfished. There are very few wild fish left apart from a few species which can survive those pressures. That is why most angling is done on stocked, protected lakes and ponds here.

10 hours ago, rickudon said:

The Siamese carp basically became extinct in the wild 20 years ago - due to environmental degradation and overfishing (yes Thais eat them). BUT they have economic value as an angling species. Only reason they still exist outside Zoos. Mekong Catfish also probably extinct in the wild, only exist now due to artificial propagation and restocking in fishing lakes and reservoirs (on the reservoirs they are caught in nets by commercial fishermen). 

In these days of large human populations, over fishing for food and pollution, it is often anglers who care for these fish and stop them going extinct. In the UK I was once harassed by a vegan while fishing, accused of hurting the fish and killing water birds. When I asked them what they were doing to protect the fish, and what fish there were in the river, his only answer was I was the one killing them ……. Basically, if he couldn't see it, he didn't really know what was happening. I pay money every year to maintain the river, protect it against pollution and remove invasive species. The vegan did nothing. If he had his way, the world would have very few animals left, just humans and a lot of vegetables.

Most large animals still exist because they have value. Unfortunately some animals do become extinct if they are over exploited, but that is due to ignorance and poverty - usually it is about money. An animal needs to be worth more alive than dead if it is to survive in the human world.

Oh, one more thing. There is very little 'wild' fishing in Thailand. Thais will pump a pond dry and take EVERY fish, small rivers are mercilessly netted, trapped and spearfished. There are very few wild fish left apart from a few species which can survive those pressures. That is why most angling is done on stocked, protected lakes and ponds here.

Vegans - - - - -

What is it with these morons that go around trying to force their ideals down others throats?.  If they were serious they would rip out their own canines so they can't tear meat apart - Evolution turned us all into omnivores but these clowns are worse than religious zealots! - - ANNND they a hypocrites to boot - leather ones, like their belts, wallets, handbags and car seats.

Fishing? - Thailand still has it's possibilities.  Many of the big water catchment lakes and dams that have good sportfishing potential.  Consider chasing snakeheads in these environments.

13 minutes ago, Lenny Jones said:

Vegans - - - - -

What is it with these morons that go around trying to force their ideals down others throats?.  If they were serious they would rip out their own canines so they can't tear meat apart - Evolution turned us all into omnivores but these clowns are worse than religious zealots! - - ANNND they a hypocrites to boot - leather ones, like their belts, wallets, handbags and car seats.

Fishing? - Thailand still has it's possibilities.  Many of the big water catchment lakes and dams that have good sportfishing potential.  Consider chasing snakeheads in these environments.

Have to agree with you about Vegans but then it is similar with any minority group of cranks - nearly always the biggest bunch of hypocrites around.  Ask a vegan do they have any footwear containing leather,  any item of clothing with natural wool, any bedding containing down or feathers, have they or ever had any perfume.  The chances are they won't even know or understand why you are asking the question. ????

4 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Have to agree with you about Vegans but then it is similar with any minority group of cranks - nearly always the biggest bunch of hypocrites around.  Ask a vegan do they have any footwear containing leather,  any item of clothing with natural wool, any bedding containing down or feathers, have they or ever had any perfume.  The chances are they won't even know or understand why you are asking the question. ????

Wool is ok for the morons - the animal didn't suffer or die.  The goose did for the down..  They have wooden furniture? - most wood glues are animal-based.  and trees DIED .

Pic of vegans protesting.  Note the leather SHOES !

f51f03aeee6efc771c6fea825f2201bd.jpg

1 hour ago, Lenny Jones said:

Wool is ok for the morons - the animal didn't suffer or die.  The goose did for the down..  They have wooden furniture? - most wood glues are animal-based.  and trees DIED .

Pic of vegans protesting.  Note the leather SHOES !

f51f03aeee6efc771c6fea825f2201bd.jpg

I'm sure that female on the right, reddish brown jacket was one of the lesbian woman protesting outside Greenham Common airbase early eighties.  Would be about right as she looks early fifites now from that pic. Wonder what minority rights group is next on her bucket list ?

I love sport angling, and in the mid 70s I was posted in Germany, and ran a match group.

One weekend I was checking out a lake in Sennelager trying for bream with a 3lb main line and 1.5 lb bottom. A 21 lb carp jumped on the hook, and it took me more than an hour to land it.

By the time I got it to the bank, I had a gallery of Germans behind me, and they were offering me anything from 100 to 300 marks for it. When I told them I was a sport angler and put it back in the water, they were slapping their foreheads saying things like “Dumkoff Englishman!!”

After that I went round to the other side of the lake and tried again for bream, but ended up getting ten more carp (all around the 5lb mark).

Once again, the Germans could not understand me returning them to the water. At one time, a German bloke got really hacked off and tried to take a fish off me. My mate (who was a big lad) persuaded him otherwise.

As sport anglers, we want the chance to catch them again, or give others the chance to have the fun we had. On matches, all fish must be returned to the water alive, and if they are in a bad condition at the weigh-in, they are not counted, so it’s up to the angler to make sure they are cared for.

On 7/4/2019 at 1:09 AM, Orton Rd said:

47 years vegetarian, but i don't class myself as a sloppy animal lover. Got no qualms about killing pests including stray dogs. But guys who pointlessly kill animals, including fish, have a mental problem IMO, how anyone can call this a sport is a mystery to me. No more a sport than bull fighting or badger baiting, cruel and pointless.

I haven't been a vegetarian for 47 years because I love animals.  It's because I hate plants.  At least that's what I tell people.  555

6 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I haven't been a vegetarian for 47 years because I love animals.  It's because I hate plants.  At least that's what I tell people.  555

Classic vegie opportunity rant.  "Seize the moment!"

All you did was show your ignorance.  NOBODY kills fish for no reason.  Fish are either killed for food or returned to the water alive. - EXCEPT when they are removed as invasive pests.

Archived