Getting a visa when in Britain.

Okay, so the new way of doing things has been in place for about two weeks. As in, in Britain, when you apply for a tourist visa to Thailand, or any other visa, it must be done on-line, on the internet.

Has anybody actually got onto the website, applied for whatever visa, paid for it, and actually got it ?  Surely, by now, there's loads of people who have got a Single Entry Tourist Visa, or whatever other visa, through the website, in England ??

Edited by tonbridgebrit
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, geisha said:

Sorry to butt in, does online applying for rdv also work at the Cardiff consulat , or can you just go there to get your visa?

No online visa application for the honorary consulates in the UK. You can still do it in person.

You can get single entry and multiple entry tourist visas. And single entry non immigrant visas.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, geisha said:

Sorry to butt in, does online applying for rdv also work at the Cardiff consulat , or can you just go there to get your visa?

Yes on line applies to London . Can go to Cardiff , Birmingham,but ring them make sure and ask if a postal service is available.

http://www.thaiconsulatewales.org.uk/visas.htm  CARDIFF Consulate

IMPORTANT NOTE:
OUR OFFICE HOURS ARE 9:30 am TO 12:30 MONDAY TO FRIDAY. 
PERSONAL APPLICATIONS 
MUST HAVE AN APPOINTMENT AND ARRIVE AT 
THE STATED TIME FOR SAME DAY PROCESSING.

****PLEASE NOTE DUE TO NEW REGULATIONS NO CONSULATE IN THE UK CAN ISSUE A MULTIPLE NON-IMMIGRANT VISA. CONSULATES CAN NOW ONLY ISSUE A SINGLE ****

• Like 1

What's worse is that when you've signed up with the London Embassy eVisa service and start the application process, when you try to put your date of birth in, it doesn't let you enter anything before 1969.  London don't seem to answer the phone or emails, so you're left to work it out that you will have to apply to Hull instead.

In Hull, they send the documents you've emailed them to London for approval and when approved you have to travel to Hull in person to get the visa stuck into the passport.  For me, that's a really big trip to do in a day.  Somehow, I don't think the Thais like us any more.

Buddha bless the digital age we're living in.

19 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Yes on line applies to London . Can go to Cardiff , Birmingham,but ring them make sure and ask if a postal service is available.

They are not allowed to accept postal applications. You must apply in person. However, the visa is issued while you wait in about 20 minutes, as long as you make an appointment ahead of time.

12 hours ago, Percy P said:

Has Birmingham reopened ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody.

Okay, it was about a month ago when the Thai Embassy in London started a new system, where you had to apply online for any visa, to go to Thailand.

Today is the 14th July. For people who are British, with a British passport, and in England. Is there anybody who has managed to get onto the website, and applied for a visa, any visa, uploaded their passport and other stuff, paid for it, and actually got the visa ?

There's got to be hundreds of people who, by now, have managed to successfully do this. Can you please write here, saying that you've done it. If hardly anybody has managed to get a visa, an evisa, in London, surely, this is disastrous and catastrophic for Thailand ??

• Haha 1

Maybe they are put off by the fact that after doing the paperwork online, you still have to go to London to get the visa.?  France has the same problem, do it all online and then go to Paris , which is 900 km from where I live, take a flight and maybe pay 2 nights hotel !!!! I don’t bother and sort it out once over there. Why spend around 300 + euros on a visa ? 

Surely, the Thai Embassy in London. What you do is, is that you apply for your visa on the website. You then mail your passport and relevant documents to the Embassy in London. And then, they send the passport back to you, with the correct visa. And they also send you back your documents. There's no need to actually turn up at the Thai Embassy in London ?

Has anybody who is British, who is in England, with the British passport, gone to the website, and got a visa ? There must be loads of people who have already done it. But I do wonder. I'm getting paranoid.

3 hours ago, tonbridgebrit said:

I really do wonder as to what is actually happening.

I've seen one report on here of someone getting one (a Non O I think) using the new system in London. He had some technical questions on here regarding uploading documents, but then succeeded in getting the application approved and the visa a couple of days later. This was probably late June, unfortunately I can't find the post now - possibly it was contained within a longer thread. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, geisha said:

tonbridgebrit , after applying online to London, you then have  to go  there in person to pick  up’your  Passport !

Is that so ???

Surely, they can mail the passport back to you, if you pay an extra handling charge ?

Previously, you was able to go to the website, download the application form, and fill it with a pen. You then mailed the form, the passport, and fee, to the Thai Embassy in London.  And then, they would mail the passport back to you. This meant that you didn't have to turn up at the Thai Embassy in London to pick up the passport. 

Just now, tonbridgebrit said:

Is that so ???

Surely, they can mail the passport back to you, if you pay an extra handling charge ?

Previously, you was able to go to the website, download the application form, and fill it with a pen. You then mailed the form, the passport, and fee, to the Thai Embassy in London.  And then, they would mail the passport back to you. This meant that you didn't have to turn up at the Thai Embassy in London to pick up the passport. 

You don't have to go to the Embassy. You do the online application, scan and upload your documents and pay for the visa application. Print out the barcode at the end of your application and then send all the documents you uploaded with the printed barcode and passport by post. It's a £10 postal fee.