Elite visa and star visa service in CM

bottledwater

Hello all, Im looking into an elite visa here in CM. I'm told star visa service handles elite visas for the north of thailand. (They have an office in the biz. park behind Big C extra off the super highway).

So my question: anyone have experience with the elite visa and/or star visa service here in cm? If so, and your willing to share your experience, feel free to pm me. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, bottledwater said:

I'm told star visa service handles elite visas for the north of thailand.

Who told you?

Why not go direct to Thai Privilege Card Co. aka thailandelite.com

Adding an unnecessary agent will only add cost, delay and misinformation.

In any other circumstance I’d recommend an agent, but not this time. You don’t need a middle man for the Elite. Elite as is has poor service and isn’t clear on information they give you, the last thing you want to do is add another person into the mix.

Thanks for the input! Yes. I agree, why use an agent?  Im just gathering info now, but it seems if you want to talk to "someone" about the elite visa program and you are in Chiang Mai, or anywhere in the north, you go through star visa service.

Who told me? The thailandelite.com website told me:

We, Star Visa Service are appointed as an Authorized General Sales and Services Agent of Thailand Elite in the northern part of Thailand and our offices are located in Chiang Mai. We processed every step of applying for Elite Visa including other visa services.

This is from the elite website, not the visa service. Does it seem wierd to me? Yes. Thats why im asking the CM expat community if anybody has info. Also doing other research of course. The elite visa is an expensive long term investment . . . .

"In any other circumstance I’d recommend an agent, but not this time. You don’t need a middle man for the Elite. Elite as is has poor service and isn’t clear on information they give you, the last thing you want to do is add another person into the mix."

Misinformed, ignorant comment.

From my past experience dealing with them since 2005, Thailand Elite has fantastic customer service.  If they don't have the answer, they will promptly phone me back or email me.

Like most of the comments posted, misinformed, lack of personal knowledge or experience, 'someone in a bar once told me'.

Blah blah blah

@bottledwater  Yes, rather ridiculously, thailandelite allow their authorised agents to advertise on the official website. I can see how you got diverted. Instead of clicking on "Agents" (that's an advertisement albeit authorised), click on "Contact Us" on the next ribbon down.

If the OP is over 50, he can employ an agent for about 13,000 baht a year to look after the extensions plus 90 day reports. I'm assuming if he can afford an Elite Visa, he can satisfy the funding requirements for retirement extensions.

It does seem to me like an unnecessary waste of money, IF he is over 50.

Ah i see, star visa is an advert. Thank you briggsy. As for an unnecessary waste of money, sure there are other cheaper ways. And relatively easy if over 50. But a 20 year multi entry elite visa for 1,000,000 costs a bit over 4000 baht a month, 50k baht a year. (Pay up front of course) The good part: usually when you have a valid visa, your good for that time period. Immigration changes the rules on NEW visas and extentions. Ive never seen or heard of immigration changing the rules on a valid visa before the exp. date of that visa. Bad part: kiss 1,000,000 baht goodbye.

A retirement visa: now its show 60-something k a month or 800k in the bank. For how long? They could raise those numbers anytime they want. 

20 years ago id never belive getting a visa would such a pain in the backside. It would be a nice feeling to know your visa situation for the next 20 years wouldnt it? Of course, TIT. No sure things. Cheers all!

• 1 month later...

I have obtained an a elite card through Star visa 2 weeks ago. Everything went smooth, no extra charges, top class service.

Flew to BKK with the agent in the morning to Immigration to get my visa sticker, flew back the same day, all expenses, airfare paid by them. 

Go for it, they do everything for you. 

" I have obtained an a elite card through Star visa 2 weeks ago. Everything went smooth, no extra charges, top class service.

Flew to BKK with the agent in the morning to Immigration to get my visa sticker, flew back the same day, all expenses, airfare paid by them. 

Go for it, they do everything for you. "

What is the story on a Police interview ?

john

On 7/7/2019 at 2:14 PM, bottledwater said:

Ah i see, star visa is an advert. Thank you briggsy. As for an unnecessary waste of money, sure there are other cheaper ways. And relatively easy if over 50. But a 20 year multi entry elite visa for 1,000,000 costs a bit over 4000 baht a month, 50k baht a year. (Pay up front of course) The good part: usually when you have a valid visa, your good for that time period. Immigration changes the rules on NEW visas and extentions. Ive never seen or heard of immigration changing the rules on a valid visa before the exp. date of that visa. Bad part: kiss 1,000,000 baht goodbye.

A retirement visa: now its show 60-something k a month or 800k in the bank. For how long? They could raise those numbers anytime they want. 

20 years ago id never belive getting a visa would such a pain in the backside. It would be a nice feeling to know your visa situation for the next 20 years wouldnt it? Of course, TIT. No sure things. Cheers all!

That’s interesting and enticing. I’m interested too.

Can I clarify something with you ...one point...if I  pay the Million Baht...is it guaranteed that I get a 20 years visa stamp in my passport?

Or does it still have to be renewed every year.

And what about the 90 day reporting...?

Appreciate any advice. I’m sick of the visa run around too.

40 minutes ago, mikey88 said:

Can I clarify something with you ...one point...if I  pay the Million Baht...is it guaranteed that I get a 20 years visa stamp in my passport?

You get a 5 year visa, in your case you would have to get a new one every 5 years, but there's no paperwork involved, your passport is valid only 10 years anyway. You just meet them to affix a new visa if expired.

You get 1 year entry stamps whenever you enter, so if you enter and stay longer than 1 year you have to go to immigration and get an extension - like on a visa exempt. No paperwork involved except filling out their form.

90 day reports, in BKK and Phuket and CM they help you, otherwise you have to do it yourself.

There is no police interview as far as I know, any checkups done without your input. The 90day reportings are done for you ,in my case by Star Visa as my agents.

I got the 5 year one inserted in my passport with a 1 year visa stamp. Each time I leave the coutry another one year stamp gets one put in it. And so on and so forth until the 5 year expires.

you'll never have to worry about immigration again while you're a member.

You can do it directly by internet with the Elite company but I found the personalised service by STAR Visa even better. They take care of everything,forms,photos, bank accounts,even debit card local thai account, nothing is too much trouble.

The price is the same but you get to know who takes care of you and develop a personal relationship.

You got nothing to lose .

57 minutes ago, mikey88 said:

Please read the website from Thailand Elite first...

You get a 5 year visa sticker , 4 times during 20 years, and at each entry in the country an entry stamp valid for 1 year.

Still have to do the 90 day reporting, TE might do this on your behalf if you are in their location. ( info about their service on the website)

Thailand Elite is 100% state owned. What more you need to be guaranteed ?

PS; i have the 20 year TE visa and i am happy with their recommendable services.

>>Flew to BKK with the agent in the morning to Immigration to get my visa sticker, flew back the same day, all expenses, airfare paid by them. 

The price is the same but you get to know who takes care of you and develop a personal relationship.

You got nothing to lose .<<

So, working with Star Visa for the Elite, they charge the same as Elite directly but they pay for your airfare to Bangkok and back as well?

9 hours ago, kilt said:

>>Flew to BKK with the agent in the morning to Immigration to get my visa sticker, flew back the same day, all expenses, airfare paid by them. 

You got nothing to lose .<<

So, working with Star Visa for the Elite, they charge the same as Elite directly but they pay for your airfare to Bangkok and back as well?

Yes.  I personally vouch for that. No extra cost, they of course get a commission from Elite as agents but absorb all costs related to your service. That is why I said you got nothing to lose. 

On 8/24/2019 at 8:34 AM, lookpapa said:

Yes.  I personally vouch for that. No extra cost, they of course get a commission from Elite as agents but absorb all costs related to your service. That is why I said you got nothing to lose. 

Have had  the older Elite visa for life around 10 years am due my 3rd renewal sometime in Oct this year and yes its a 5 year visa.Service is fantastic from them and any emails answered within a hour or so.No issues with Immigration either.I was told the background checks are carried out when you apply and have never heard of interviews from other members but things change so maybe its true.However if as Lookpapa said with the agents in Cnx he did not have to do that.I even managed to do a TM30 report online last night after arrival so things do improve inThailand,albeit slowly...............

Archived