Foreign man dies after falling from Pattaya condo

webfact

It was MOST PROBABLY an accident.

Gosh. In the 1990's, the apartment in Bangkok that I stayed in for several years had a balcony (it was on the eighth floor) and there was no railing ! The outer wall was quite low (if I remember right, coming to my waist level; well maybe just a bit higher). Once, barefoot, I slipped at the balcony and nearly fell down. It was a close call. And, thinking about the number of times I came home at night drunk in those years, I guess I was very lucky (the situation was particularly risky there because the balcony was between the room and the bathroom. The design was like that for all the rooms there). 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he bent over to examine the view,

i can get dizzy myself on overwhelming views.

i recall when i was young and taken to a 3D movie,

showing red canyon from a suicidal pilot,

i got a strange reflex to just leap forward,

which would undoubtedly have killed me or immobilized me for good. i used all my strength to keep me back in the seat

and resist the weird impulse

It was MOST PROBABLY an accident.

Gosh. In the 1990's, the apartment in Bangkok that I stayed in for several years had a balcony (it was on the eighth floor) and there was no railing ! The outer wall was quite low (if I remember right, coming to my waist level; well maybe just a bit higher). Once, barefoot, I slipped at the balcony and nearly fell down. It was a close call. And, thinking about the number of times I came home at night drunk in those years, I guess I was very lucky (the situation was particularly risky there because the balcony was between the room and the bathroom. The design was like that for all the rooms there). 
You get what you pay for.

Archived