Waterpark in Mukdahan open in July?

tfranz

Does anybody know by chance if the Waterpark in Mukdahan on the 212 road is open in July?

I am thinking about going there with the little one this month and I remember the last time I drove by (many months back) it was deserted.

I just don't want to disappoint the kid ????

I live in Mukdahan and the water parks are closed.  The water park on the left on Highway 212 is slowly being run down, many of the water features are not operating due to cost and lack of patrons. There is another water theme park on the bypass road. Turn left at the bypass intersection and a couple of Klms down there is a road to the left which takes you to the second water theme park, I believe more popular with Thai locals. Type in Mukdahan water theme parks on google and you will see both for directions. Hope this helps.

4 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

I live in Mukdahan and the water parks are closed.  The water park on the left on Highway 212 is slowly being run down, many of the water features are not operating due to cost and lack of patrons. There is another water theme park on the bypass road. Turn left at the bypass intersection and a couple of Klms down there is a road to the left which takes you to the second water theme park, I believe more popular with Thai locals. Type in Mukdahan water theme parks on google and you will see both for directions. Hope this helps.

Yup, the second one you mention is nicer and cheaper - and admission is free if you’re over 60.

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Ok, I didn't know there was a second waterpark in Mukdahan.
I always passed the one on 212 and it seemed to be closed.

So the water park that is opened is a little bit to the northwest of the city center (see my screenshot)?

mukdahan_water_park.JPG

1 hour ago, tfranz said:

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Ok, I didn't know there was a second waterpark in Mukdahan.
I always passed the one on 212 and it seemed to be closed.

So the water park that is opened is a little bit to the northwest of the city center (see my screenshot)?

mukdahan_water_park.JPG

Correct, however to the best of my knowledge that one is closed as well for now.

1 hour ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Correct, however to the best of my knowledge that one is closed as well for now.

Oh no. That would be bad news!

The next water park I know and took the kid to is in Ubon. That's quite a drive though.

Are there any other water parks (or similar) around Mukdahan (in any direction)?

22 hours ago, tfranz said:

The next water park I know and took the kid to is in Ubon. That's quite a drive though.

Are there any other water parks (or similar) around Mukdahan (in any direction)?

There is a beach area on the Mekong river north of Muk, follow the river road from Muk ( turn left indo china market) and pass under friendship bridge 2 and continue on from there, eventually you will see signs to the beach area, has shade houses for rent and food in the water, also has slides, tubes, rides on inflatable pontoons. Have not been for awhile and don't know their timings during hot seasons. Mate, this is Thailand, drive pass each one and maybe their open, or maybe not!!!

Cheers

On 7/5/2019 at 6:12 PM, tfranz said:

I live in Ubon. I stand to be corrected, but to the best of my knowledge there is no water park currently operating in Ubon. There was a big water park behind Central Plaza but that has been closed for many months. There is the swimming pool complex at Sunee Tower which has water slides. Running water parks must not be a viable business. 

23 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Mate, this is Thailand, drive pass each one and maybe their open, or maybe not!!!

Ususally I agree.
But we will drive from Loeng Nok Tha and the kid loves playing in the waterpark.
So if I knew that both water parks in Mukdahan stopped operating I would probably drive the other direction to Yasothon.
I guess I will try to call the water parks then.

2 hours ago, Michael Hare said:

I live in Ubon. I stand to be corrected, but to the best of my knowledge there is no water park currently operating in Ubon. There was a big water park behind Central Plaza but that has been closed for many months. There is the swimming pool complex at Sunee Tower which has water slides. Running water parks must not be a viable business. 

Yes, we were at the one at Sunee Tower.
Maybe the expression "water park" does not fit 100% since that one is pretty small but it works very well for a 4-year old ????

1 hour ago, tfranz said:

Ususally I agree.
But we will drive from Loeng Nok Tha and the kid loves playing in the waterpark.
So if I knew that both water parks in Mukdahan stopped operating I would probably drive the other direction to Yasothon.
I guess I will try to call the water parks then.

The water parks have not stopped operating, merely closed due to the weather cooling off. The weather dictates a lot with these parks, no patrons, close the doors until it hots up again. Electricity and staff doing nothing would be a big factor.

Archived