BANGKOK 23 July 2019 23:28
tfranz

Can you walk to Benchakiti Park through Suk Soi 10?

On 7/5/2019 at 2:15 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Plus, if you take the bike path between Soi 10 and Lumpini Park, you get the fun of hoofing (lifting) your bike up and down some goodly sets of stairs over overpasses at 3 or 4 points along the way... Just when you get some rhythm, it's time to get off and climb up and climb down the stairs with your bike.

I'm pretty sure that walkway from Soi 10 to Lumpini has a 'bike rail' thingy down the centre of the stairs at those points, i.e. the thin rail to put your bike tire and 'walk your bike' up the stairs rather than 'hoofing' it up, if that's what you meant

8 minutes ago, Razzler1973 said:

I'm pretty sure that walkway from Soi 10 to Lumpini has a 'bike rail' thingy down the centre of the stairs at those points, i.e. the thin rail to put your bike tire and 'walk your bike' up the stairs rather than 'hoofing' it up, if that's what you meant

It does have a narrow smooth slope section inside the stairs section where you can roll the bike upward and downward while you walk up and down the adjoining stairs... That's still what's I'd call hoofing the bike up and down the stairs.

In other words, you can't actually ride up or down. You've got to push / pull / roll the bike up and down the stairs while you hoof up and down the stairs.

Ah, right, fair enough.

There's still hoofing involved, I had pictures of you carrying your bike over your shoulder instead of wheeling it though 😉

• Haha 1

used to live next to benjakiti park and always wondered why this beautiful park was always empty

3 minutes ago, fhickson said:

used to live next to benjakiti park and always wondered why this beautiful park was always empty

Because its a really boring park to exercise in and for one reason or another the concrete or tarmac seems much harder than Lumpini Park which makes running less comfortable.

However i would rather have it than not have it.