Social security refund

Can't speak to backdated payments...and apparently the allowance has increased to Bt600/child....but according to below snapshot/partial quote from a Thai Social Security document the allowance is only for 2 children not to exceed 6 years old.

image.png.fdb31ee8e0e266037dcacab121898e5e.png

• 2 weeks later...
What social security payments are being made to afford this benefit and is there a minimum contribution?

Are there any other social security benefits? Retirement perhaps LOL

I have paid 750 Baht per month for the past 5 years and the school has paid the same - this i believe is the maximum.... after a minimum number of payments there is a pension after 60 but we couldn’t live off it !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 hours ago, Martouf said:

I have paid 750 Baht per month for the past 5 years and the school has paid the same - this i believe is the maximum.... after a minimum number of payments there is a pension after 60 but we couldn’t live off it !

On 7/4/2019 at 5:48 PM, Martouf said:

Thanks Pib, I’ll confirm hopefully tomorrow - thai govn websites are confusing at times

What insurance is this?

Secondly looks like you need to have paid for 1 year before making a claim.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2019 at 1:51 PM, Martouf said:

Confirmed - up to 14 years old is no problem but you may have to argue

Don't forget the 900 baht per year for any dentist cots. The dentists write down your SS number and get their cash from the SS. 

It's not much ,but better than shit_ing your pants. 

On 7/18/2019 at 9:07 AM, Martouf said:

No need to worry. Your kids will support you and your wife. Seriously, what could possibly go wrong with this plan?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2019 at 1:52 PM, Martouf said:

Thanks - I found out yesterday that it doesn’t stop at 6 years - if I can get it backdated I’ll be happy

The 300 baht a month for my kids stopped  when they reached 6. They still got some money paid back for things until mattayom 6

On 7/29/2019 at 8:39 PM, Isaanbiker said:

Don't forget the 900 baht per year for any dentist cots. The dentists write down your SS number and get their cash from the SS. 

It's not much ,but better than <deleted>_ing your pants. 

If you get dentures, you get 1500 baht.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 8:07 PM, Martouf said:

I'm pretty close to 60 and would look at approximately 700 baht/month. I'll get my money in the form of a lump sum soon. 

If you take the lump sum it can be had if 55 or over as i did if you take it monthly might be 60 not sure but believe it is 55 as well

I think you have to have paid for 15 years to get the option of a monthly payment. 

You certainly need 15 years for the option to keep health insurance for 432 baht a month.

31 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I think you have to have paid for 15 years to get the option of a monthly payment. 

You certainly need 15 years for the option to keep health insurance for 432 baht a month.

Are you sure about that? I'm currently paying in 432 baht/month as my agency doesn't offer any type of insurance.

I'm aware that it's somehow illegal, but there's no other way if you're not backed up by a school, or agency. 

I'll turn 60 in May ( hopefully?) which is exactly when my 15 years are full. 

I've heard/read so many reports of people who got their lump sum and continued paying in who paid in less than 15 years. 

That would change my plans a bit. I would not give up my SS. 

When you are entered into the social security system, the amount you pay is based upon your earnings. An English teacher earning 30,000 baht a month will pay 750 baht and the employer will also pay 750 baht a month into the plan.

It was my understanding, if I was no longer employed I could still continue to pay into the plan. Since the plan is based upon earned income and I'm no longer earning income, then the cost is lowered to 432 baht a month.

If the cutoff was based upon one being employed then you would have many problems. There are many people employed short term and also those who are between jobs. As long as they are paying into the system I don't see a problem with them being insured.

18 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Are you sure about that? I'm currently paying in 432 baht/month as my agency doesn't offer any type of insurance.

I'm aware that it's somehow illegal, but there's no other way if you're not backed up by a school, or agency. 

I'll turn 60 in May ( hopefully?) which is exactly when my 15 years are full. 

I've heard/read so many reports of people who got their lump sum and continued paying in who paid in less than 15 years. 

That would change my plans a bit. I would not give up my SS. 

So you are paying for the health insurance, nothing else.

You should  be paying 750 a month, I think  to qualify for the pension. 

You pay, the employer  pays and the govt  pays, is what I was told.

I would go to the office to ask, and also report the agency to the dept of employment for breaking the law.

I think you will find when you retire, you will  not be allowed to continue with the health insurance  nor be entitled to monthly payments.

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

So you are paying for the health insurance, nothing else.

You should  be paying 750 a month, I think  to qualify for the pension. 

You pay, the employer  pays and the govt  pays, is what I was told.

I would go to the office to ask, and also report the agency to the dept of employment for breaking the law.

I think you will find when you retire, you will  not be allowed to continue with the health insurance  nor be entitled to monthly payments.

Wrong on all counts.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Care to explain?

There is no requirement to pay 750 a month. The rule is 5% of salary with a maximum of 750. That amount will be matched by your employer.

If you decide to stop working you have 6 months to register and start to pay 432 a month.

432 a month gives the same entitlements as if you were working.

The agency is likely not breaking the law. 99% of the time a teacher is not employed by an agency. They are employed by a school. Unless an agency is a registered Education facility they cannot employ you as a teacher. Look inside the work permit. The name of the school will be under employer.

You can continue to pay and receive entitlements after 60 years old or retirement.

Archived