Social security refund

On 7/4/2019 at 4:03 PM, Martouf said:
On 7/4/2019 at 3:45 PM, blackcab said:
It's 600 baht per month per child now.

Wow - do you know if it can be backdated ?

Either the father or mother can collect, not both.  Are you sure the mother of your child hasn't already received? 

6 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Either the father or mother can collect, not both.  Are you sure the mother of your child hasn't already received? 

Either parent can only claim if they are in the social security scheme. Maybe the mother does not pay in to it.

I received a lump sum when my daughter was born but was unable to claim for the monthly sum. This was explained to me for the following reason:

My Thai GF couldn't claim under her social security status and I was unable to claim it due to not being Thai and we are not married.

I got the lump sum - 15k or something due to having been paying tax on my earnings here for over 12 months.

Also regarding tax - i get taxed 1500 a month on 30,000. Does that sound right? It is 5% but a post above mentions that they cap it at 750. Am i paying for my schools share of the tax too? 

On 9/9/2019 at 7:07 AM, Stese said:

I received a lump sum when my daughter was born but was unable to claim for the monthly sum. This was explained to me for the following reason:

My Thai GF couldn't claim under her social security status and I was unable to claim it due to not being Thai and we are not married.

I got the lump sum - 15k or something due to having been paying tax on my earnings here for over 12 months.

Also regarding tax - i get taxed 1500 a month on 30,000. Does that sound right? It is 5% but a post above mentions that they cap it at 750. Am i paying for my schools share of the tax too? 

The capping refers to Social Securiry. Not tax. That said, 1500 a month is a high amount of tax to be paying.

On 9/9/2019 at 1:07 PM, Stese said:

You are paying for your schools share of the social security too. You should pay not more than 750 and the school should pay the same amount, thus 1500 total.

Social security plus tax withholding should not be more than 1000 a month (slightly less even, like 950 if my calculations are correct).

Thank you for your responses and sorry for my delay.

Just want to be more clear. Before any deductions my wage as per my contract is 30000 a month. Into my bank account i get 28500

On my payslip there is a one line deductions described simply as Tax 5% - 1500

I have been given one of those blue social security cards to use at the hospital should i need.

And i checked online and yearly earnings in my salary range warrent a deduction of 5% 

So what is the breakdown between tax to the goverment, social security fund - if indeed any and how does it get split with the school? Why is 1500 baht high when it is the 5% of 30000 which the government says i should pay? 

6 hours ago, Stese said:

Thank you for your responses and sorry for my delay.

Just want to be more clear. Before any deductions my wage as per my contract is 30000 a month. Into my bank account i get 28500

On my payslip there is a one line deductions described simply as Tax 5% - 1500

I have been given one of those blue social security cards to use at the hospital should i need.

And i checked online and yearly earnings in my salary range warrent a deduction of 5% 

So what is the breakdown between tax to the goverment, social security fund - if indeed any and how does it get split with the school? Why is 1500 baht high when it is the 5% of 30000 which the government says i should pay? 

There is a maximum payment for Social Security of 750 baht per month.

Tax is 7%. Marital status, children, private health insurance, number of people dependent upon you, can be used as tax deductions.

I think your school could be ripping you off and making you pay their share of Social Security.

Social Security : 5% of salary with a maximum of 750 a month to be matched by the employer.

It is high because tax on 30,000 baht should be something like 200-250 a month. Less if you have a wife without an income and/or children (in Thailand). The only way you can come to 1500 tax is by twice social security.

You can ask your local tax department if you pay monthly tax, or ask the school for the monthly tax slip. 

Archived