Thai man invents pollution free generator that doesn’t need fuel

snoop1130

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I saw the headline I thought, at first, he might be the brother of the Thai guy who invented the Ebola cure but, on reading what is said he might be onto something. The gearing must be quite something but I guess it could be done. Good on him. Maybe short on info and detail but ......just what if it does work? I don't think we should knock him until all is reveled. I await with bated breath.

18 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Peak power output of a top cyclist is about 500 Watts so if Chris Froome wound this generator's spring for 15 minutes if would give us a total potential power output of about 0.125 Kwh. Not everyone is Chris Froome, and of course we are not taking into account the energy spent in the mechanism.

Just another Thai joke, a small one though.

Pretty sure the old boy would generate more power than Chris froome right now,as he

fell off his bicycle recently and is not too flash.

18 hours ago, Beggar said:

"gear system which needs to be wound up by hand"

Now imagine you let an animal do this that runs in a circle. What a future proof invention. The water buffaloes could do this. But no idea how many of such things I would need to power my aircons... 

..you could hitch the animal a large round stone there and grind rice whilst charging the battery.

22 minutes ago, Graemej100 said:

When I saw the headline I thought, at first, he might be the brother of the Thai guy who invented the Ebola cure but, on reading what is said he might be onto something. The gearing must be quite something but I guess it could be done. Good on him. Maybe short on info and detail but ......just what if it does work? I don't think we should knock him until all is reveled. I await with bated breath.

...who...the 'power card' man?

4 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Thais have never really invented anything, unless you want to count red bull, a couple of gambling games and silly Ebola claims.

+ a bit more … :thumbsup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Thai_inventions_and_discoveries

BTW - the amusement parks (walkingstreet's) was not mentioned … ????

19 hours ago, Beggar said:

"gear system which needs to be wound up by hand"

Now imagine you let an animal do this that runs in a circle. What a future proof invention. The water buffaloes could do this. But no idea how many of such things I would need to power my aircons... 

You could use an exercise bike and get some cardio workout at same time.

19 hours ago, BobBKK said:

He can join the doctors who cured Ebola, the researchers who cured HIV and all the other claims down the years. UNLESS he's right of course than he'll be a multi-billionaire and Elon Musk will be phoning soon.

Providing his invention can generate enough power to charge his phone so that he can actually receive calls.

42 minutes ago, ttrd said:

+ a bit more … :thumbsup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Thai_inventions_and_discoveries

BTW - the amusement parks (walkingstreet's) was not mentioned … ????

That's almost as short as the Italian achievements in WW2. Red bull of course is a rip-off of Lipovitan, Japanese drink. Not many editors for that wiki page I suppose.

Hmm, so it's a device which you can "charge" for a certain amount of time, and which will then let you use that charge over a period of time.

Let's call this amazing new invention the battery.

Its essentially a spring loaded generator, you wind it up and the spring unwinds spinning the coil around magnets generating electricity. It won't charge that battery for sure, but if you gear it right you can make it run for a couple hours and power a small led light bulb. But for 8 hours, I doubt it.

Here is something similar, using weights, its called gravity light.

https://www.amazon.com/GravityLight-System-GL02-Portable-Powered/dp/B01M7SM0KE

5 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

He overlooked the obvious - instead of getting exhausted by winding up that machine for 15 minutes he should use an electric motor, much more convenient!

One running on fossil fuels??

Anytime a Thai person creates something scientific and useful, it is cause for celebration. Kudos to this guy for his creativity, in a land not know for much of it. Hope it works. Hope he has success promoting it. Good on him. 

3 hours ago, Myran said:

Hmm, so it's a device which you can "charge" for a certain amount of time, and which will then let you use that charge over a period of time.

Let's call this amazing new invention the battery.

Well, in real speak it is a battery. 

Archived