Jump to content
BANGKOK
snoop1130

Thai man invents pollution free generator that doesn’t need fuel

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

You can't get more out than you put in, the energy used for 15 minuets turning a crank doesn't seem to be a lot

 

I can't find any data on hand-crank energy production, but a cycle-generator can produce 100-300 Watts depending upon the fitness of the victim.

 

So let's say he can produce 100W (single arm crank), so in 15 minutes he can get 25Watt/hours into his storage. If we put the efficiency at a realistic 50% that's a 2W LED lamp for 6 hours. Cleaner, safer and generally nicer than an oil lamp.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trevor Bayliss created the wind up radio many years ago. As others have said, let's not knock what I am sure is a genuine project. Moreover, no details as yet; but if it works and can be made generally available, then good for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I can work out, it's rated at 500w 220v.

The guy said it will charge two 100A batteries, although I'm not sure if that's !2v car batteries or some other ones?

 

I'm sure someone will correct me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kiffa said:

I thought I heard 500 Watts, 220 Volts????? 8 hours!!!!!

 

Having actually watched the video, I'm hearing that too (my Thai isn't wonderful mind).

 

Total, complete and utter bull!!

 

EDIT If he's saying he is getting 4,000 watt hours out of a 15 minute crank, I want some of whatever he's smoking.

 

EDIT 2 His two 100Ahr batteries will (just) store 4000 watt hours if run from fully charged to totally flat. but he's not going to fully charge them with a hand crank generator.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Beggar said:

"gear system which needs to be wound up by hand"

 

Now imagine you let an animal do this that runs in a circle. What a future proof invention. The water buffaloes could do this. But no idea how many of such things I would need to power my aircons... 

I heard around Pattaya that all the buffalos are pretty sick and need lots of money for medicine and stuff..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess a solar cell on a cloudy day is more efficient than thai man on that crank..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Crossy said:
12 minutes ago, Kiffa said:

I thought I heard 500 Watts, 220 Volts????? 8 hours!!!!!

Having actually watched the video, I'm hearing that too (my Thai isn't wonderful mind).

Total, complete and utter bull!!

I didn't hear the part when he said 8 hours.

If he did then that must be 4KwHr, which can't be right for the energy put in.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

I didn't hear the part when he said 8 hours.

If he did then that must be 4KwHr, which can't be right for the energy put in.

 

6-8 hours is in the text article, but not the power output.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Crossy said:

 

I can't find any data on hand-crank energy production, but a cycle-generator can produce 100-300 Watts depending upon the fitness of the victim.

 

So let's say he can produce 100W (single arm crank), so in 15 minutes he can get 25Watt/hours into his storage. If we put the efficiency at a realistic 50% that's a 2W LED lamp for 6 hours. Cleaner, safer and generally nicer than an oil lamp.

 

A candle would be cheaper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Yinn said:

Did you watch and listen to the video?

You must be forgetting that the vast majority of TV members who like to think they are so superior, and ready to criticise Thai's intelligence at every opportunity, arent actually smart enough themselves to learn the Thai language.. 

Edited by Shadychris
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...