Thai Visa Forum

The Official Leeds Utd Thread 2019

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, what a performance by both sides, watching the first 20 minutes I thought we were going to get marmalised, great to see it didn't phase Leeds though, Leeds showed great determination and team spi

New thread for LUFC lads.

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Oh dear, some poor finishing and an unlucky last minute goal scramble were their downfall, but still a good performance.
Really do need to concentrate on getting that ball in the back of the net though !!

Big favourites for promotion this season. But there are some good teams in the Championship. Can't take anything for granted. Hard for a decent team to even get to the play offs. Liam could/should have put The Peacocks in front in the first half.

Should be Leeds and any two from Forest, WBA, Brentford, Swansea and PNE. Could Charlton be up there also; great start. Can't see Derby or Boro doing anything this year.

Used to have a lovely girlfriend from Leeds. From her bedroom I could see the stadium. Lived in the back-to-back houses close by. I miss her. I started liking Leeds back then. and their no-nonsense approach under Revie was a breath of fresh air. Why they didn't win the Euro Cup I'll never know. I preferred their original team strip though.

11 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Used to have a lovely girlfriend from Leeds. From her bedroom I could see the stadium. Lived in the back-to-back houses close by. I miss her. I started liking Leeds back then. 

Looks like you had a lucky escape. Downward spiral.

With sheep being so popular there I can imagine there is a surplus of single ladies.  

Edited by RickG16
  • 2 weeks later...

Another frustrating game where Leeds dominated for 70% of game and only managed a 1 - 1 draw, it's becoming quite an habit, they are doing everything right except getting the ball in the net. 

Leeds goal was an own goal from Derby, Leeds hit the post, then Klich took the most pathetic penalty you can ever imagine. 

Another frustrating game where Leeds dominated for 70% of game and only managed a 1 - 1 draw, it's becoming quite an habit, they are doing everything right except getting the ball in the net. 
Leeds goal was an own goal from Derby, Leeds hit the post, then Klich took the most pathetic penalty you can ever imagine. 

When I was a kid geographically I had the option of following Leeds United or Bradford City.

Beginning to think I made the wrong choice [emoji52]
  • Haha 1
45 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

When I was a kid geographically I had the option of following Leeds United or Bradford City.

Beginning to think I made the wrong choice emoji52.png

If you were a kid in the 70's the choice was obvious ...

Eddie Gray - what a legend.

My choice was between Stoke City and Port Vale 🙁

• Like 2
This is how to read the football scores. RIP.

This guy reading out the scores voice is very distinctive and brings back memories, he actually would be good at speaking Thai, he’s got all the tones !!, especially rising when he reads a score draw or a surprising result.

Good to see David Icke on tv before he was abducted and probed by aliens !!.

Ironically no Leeds game on this day ( 27th Dec 82 ) as they played on the 26th and 28th ,both score draws !! , they might have still been in the wilderness in Division 2 but at least they were helping someone to win the pools [emoji51]

• Like 1

Yup, watched the highlights this morning.
Leeds seem to be plagued by a lack of finishing.

Bamford could have easily been celebrating a hat-trick .
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, vogie said:

Hope so, they certainly gave the Arsenal a run for their money.

Agreed. First half performance was beautiful to watch.

As a 5 year old we beat them in the FA cup and I told my dad I wanted a Leeds kit, which he duly got me.Now I wasnt very good with geography at that age and he didnt tell me that I was in Surrey, 20 minutes down the road from Chelsea, an oversight that has cost me thousands. Before I left for Australia twenty plus years ago, I was a season ticket holder of many years, even though I wasnt living any further north, so a "home" game of which I missed very few, was a 600 mile, 16 hour round trip which murdered the mileage on my cars. Away matches were often in fact much easier. I hope we can push on this season and return us to the platform we deserve to be playing on.

• Like 2

Leeds......Oh dear, we are wobbling again, playing like Real Madrid untill we reach the goal, then playing like The Keystone Kops. In all fairness QPRs goal was blatently handled by the scorer and should not have stood. 

But Bamford won a penalty and instead of kicking the ball decided to pass it to their goalkeeper.

Just four points clear of Fulham now, worrying times ahead.☹️

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd better post something, the Leeds Utd thread is beginning to get cobwebs.

A four goal win last night againgst Hull was their best result for a while, let's hope they are back on form again. The second half Leeds played out of their skin, West Brom lost to Wigan makes us just one point behind them now.

Screenshot_2020-03-01-08-23-30-784.jpeg

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I am almost beginning to dare to hope. Our run in is a lot easier on paper than everyone else, though I will breathe easier after our home game with Fulham if we can win or even draw it, them being the only one of the top bunch still left to play. The others in the top six have to play each other, so points will be dropped by some of them. We are a huge club and next season should be back where we belong.

My fear is that if Leeds don't go up that Bielsa might walk away?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, wilai said:

Norman Hunter has passed away. Covid 19 claims another. RIP Norm.

image.jpeg.a7a1e7aafaf9188663bc6eddf8ad7f5d.jpeg

That is incredibly sad. I remember since my days as a kid watching football on Match of the Day seeing the "Norman bites yer legs" banner being waved in the intro. Great player. RIP. Memories of you will live on.

• Like 1