BANGKOK 21 July 2019 13:26
wilai

The Official Leeds Utd Thread 2019

I guess last nights Guiseley game might be of special interest to you Andrew, looks like Bielsa fielded a completely new team than the one against York. Close game, Costa scored and made another, Leeds could do with someone special up front, it cost them a place in the Premiership last season IMO.
Again can watch the full game on YouTube.
Doesn't look like there are many Leeds fans on TV.

Thanks, I’ll certainly give it a watch ( if only to try and spot my grandson and son in law ).

Leeds are on the up but they have a long way to go and not Premier class yet IMO.
They are a far cry from the halcyon days of yesteryear !!
But it’s all about building up a strong team along with a strong local following to boost their game.
Someone special is definitely needed to improve interest, a strong team of better than average players is ok but they need someone with some flare , some exciting football !!

Definitely not too many Leeds fans on TVF , you are right there , the days when you could be guaranteed some entertainment are over I’m afraid, plus it’s much too easy to change channel and find some European games these days.
  • Like 2

Can still remember that  72ish  team

Sprake

reaney cooper 

Hunter  charlton  bremner

Lorimer giles  jones clarke  grey

Great team   .. oh and not to forget super sub    who was paul madeley

TO ME  they were never as good once don revie went... they lost some of the dirtyness which was good cos they were DOUBLE dirty  .. but  their football  lost that something special  when revie left

Oh and they were great for sendin pics to get autographed to ALWAYS sent the bac signed, still got them ..

Oh and does anyone remember the geoff astle fiasco...?

• Like 2

On 7/10/2019 at 10:33 AM, vogie said:

I don't know if this is of any interest to anybody:

That was a surprise! I was bought up in Guiseley, used to pedal or walk by the stadium everyday (can't be the exact same one? it was junk 50 years ago) we used to get chips from Harry's and go sit in the stand to eat them occasionally - when school lunches were proper!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Can still remember that  72ish  team

Sprake

reaney cooper 

Hunter  charlton  bremner

Lorimer giles  jones clarke  grey

Great team   .. oh and not to forget super sub    who was paul madeley

TO ME  they were never as good once don revie went... they lost some of the dirtyness which was good cos they were DOUBLE dirty  .. but  their football  lost that something special  when revie left

Oh and they were great for sendin pics to get autographed to ALWAYS sent the bac signed, still got them ..

Oh and does anyone remember the geoff astle fiasco...?

I remember that team but started going to Elland Road just after Cloughie left, from the best of my memory: Harvey, Paul Reany, Trevor Cherry, did Frank Gray come later, oh and Terry Yorath. Bremner, Hunter, Charlton, soon to be replaced by Gordon McQueen. 90 miles a hour Lorimer, Clarke, Eddie Gray, Joe Jordan. Super Sub, Duncan McKenzie (40 cigs a day).

Don't remember the Geoff Astle fiasco?

• Like 1

I remember that team but started going to Elland Road just after Cloughie left, from the best of my memory: Harvey, Paul Reany, Trevor Cherry, did Frank Gray come later, oh and Terry Yorath. Bremner, Hunter, Charlton, soon to be replaced by Gordon McQueen. 90 miles a hour Lorimer, Clarke, Eddie Gray, Joe Jordan. Super Sub, Duncan McKenzie (40 cigs a day).
Don't remember the Geoff Astle fiasco?

I just googled it and watched the offside goal.
I didn’t remember it either ( way too young ) but Frank Skinner is a West Brom fan and Astle is his hero so have heard it mentioned on his tv shows or stand up.

^^ not sure if the astle incident ACTUALLY cost leeds a title however it defo had a hand in it.. that team were abso dominant for ??? seasons however much to my mate ant's annoyance they had a habit of fading in the last part of the season .. which given the absolute horror pitchs,  monster game  congestions and the TOTAL disregard of the fooballing authorities to help and sort it,, on reflection  was  hardly surprising ..

• Like 1

Tonights friendly against Manchester Utd in Perth Australia will kick off at 1800hrs Thai time, it is been shown on Man Utd tv channel, which luckily features on my HD Prime tv.

Edited by vogie
  • Thanks 1

Tonights friendly against Manchester Utd in Perth Australia will kick off at 1800hrs Thai time, it is been shown on Man Utd tv channel, which luckily features on my HD Prime tv.

Probably the less said about this the better !!especially the brawling in the stands !!

On a positive note:

Good to see the new kit will stick the same colours as the previous and not succumb to advertisers pressure as exhibited by The Terriers !!

Paddy Power
  • Like 2

I'm here guys! I have had to accept Moderation to be able to post again but let me assure you I will be following this thread through the promotion season..Look out for my thumbs up!!!

I am one of Jim Armfield's Army from the 70s. I still have my ORIGINAL 70's scarf...unwashed and with badges! What a fantastic time in our history I witnessed ...and yep I am sure I saw Frank and Eddie play together..I saw Tony Tony Currie....90 Miles an hour...and of course the surge of excitement with he's here,he's there , he's every <deleted> where Eddie Gray Eddie Grey..! Fantastic times

MOT!!!!!

• Like 2

The Western Sydney Wanderers vs Leeds is available to watch on Youtube, well worth watching, best friendly so far, Hernandez was magnificent. Won't give the score, but I'm sure you'll all know it anyway.

The Western Sydney Wanderers vs Leeds is available to watch on Youtube, well worth watching, best friendly so far, Hernandez was magnificent. Won't give the score, but I'm sure you'll all know it anyway.

Yup, Hernandez goal was class !!
The rest need to concentrate on their finishing, some easy chances missed by Harrison, Bamford and Bogusz .

Could have been a different result if Kamau (?) had put a bit more pace on his effort.

Overall a good game except for a few off the mark shots at goal, can’t afford to miss those sitters if they want to go up next year !!