Thai Visa Forum

The Official Leeds Utd Thread 2019

I watched a documentary on Leeds a while back, and it stated that Brian Clough spent more on new players for Leeds in his short 44 days at the club than Don Revie spent in all his time there.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, what a performance by both sides, watching the first 20 minutes I thought we were going to get marmalised, great to see it didn't phase Leeds though, Leeds showed great determination and team spi

New thread for LUFC lads.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty happy the season is resuming, cos going up on a count back should not be how a great club arises.

Game 2 from the new fixtures at home to Fulham looks like almost a promotion decider.

Win that and failing to go up looks tough.

A 100 years on, and if Bielsa sticks around the future could be very much brighter.

Sure a few premier league managers will not be looking forward to taking us on next season.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Great opportunity for Leeds now, please don't blow it.

"Marcelo Bielsa’s men dropped to second as West Bromwich Albion went top, but the Baggies were held at home by West Midlands rivals Birmingham City in a goalless draw at The Hawthorns and therefore moved above Leeds only on goal difference.

That will give Leeds a chance to move three points clear at the summit on Sunday.

Better still for the Whites was the result in the game between third and fourth at Craven Cottage, as the top two’s closest rivals for the automatic promotion places, Fulham, were beaten 2-0 by Brentford.

That kept Leeds seven points clear of the Cottagers, with the Bees a further point back thanks to late strikes from Said Benrahma and Emiliano Marcondes."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53124005?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/uk&link_location=live-reporting-story

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Marcelo Bielsa in the EPL. Great news. He'll be a breath of fresh air to be sure.

Probably a coincidence but LFC just applied for Planning Permission to erect screens around the new training ground!😀

• Haha 2
On 5/27/2020 at 8:17 PM, Ayemanomad said:

Sorry I forgot the video link.

Watched the vid.

Leeds certainly had the better of Man U. The fans were better singers too.  Very clear, very loud, very together.

Hope we can hear their dulcet tones next season.

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Leeds certainly had the better of Man U.

Not LFC though. Certainly don't remember any 'spankings'. When they did beat us there was normally only the odd goal in it.

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Serious question. Have Leeds got any dosh to spend on transfers if they get promotion or are they gonna mainly keep the players they currently have?

No idea, but they pick up some by getting promoted. I forget how much.

On a brighter note, I have just come through, as I am sure you all have a couple of hours of 89th minute relieving stress.

It brings back a childhood memory, when my dad took me sailing and we never won. Came 2nd or 3rd a couple of times but never 1st.

A mate of his in another boat wasn't even that good, but one day at the Cowes (UK Isle of Wight) regatta, the whole fleet was becalmed for a good while until one boat just drifted in front and got a bit of breeze and snuck over the line.

An excited Welsh voice rang across the bay "F me! I've won! I don't F'ing believe it! I'm so happy I'm going to have a [email protected]"

Watching the Pablo goal go in made me realise how happy he felt!

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

One more point required !!

Come on yoooo whiiites !!

Andrew, am I correct in thinking that it is one point to go up, but two points to win the championship. And is there a difference, lets say financially or anything else in coming top or second.

19 minutes ago, vogie said:

Andrew, am I correct in thinking that it is one point to go up, but two points to win the championship. And is there a difference, lets say financially or anything else in coming top or second.

Not much difference between 1st and second Vogie. Normally it is actually better financially to go up via the play offs owing to the additional gate receipts including a capacity Wembley. This year will be different owing to Covid 19 restrictions.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, vogie said:

Yup, it would be fitting to get a win at Derby to clinch the triple ( the championship, going up and beating the team that prevented it from happening last season ! )

Not sure of the exact financials but agree with wilai, winning the play offs final is usually a good little “ earner “.

Of course in this Covid climate the gate at Wembley won’t generate much income !, I’m sure hiking up the pay-per-view charges for that match should cure that deficit 😀

• Like 2

Truly amazing, even for Leeds. Here we are sweating forever, over will we go up, and then without kicking a ball, West Brom lose and we are up, and then Stoke turn themselves around from our hiding of them, to beat Brentford and we are champions also. Hope the boys enjoy the lack of pressure to put on the style at Derby. Be nice to seal off the season with a couple of displays so those upstairs see whats coming their way.

Yes, I am close to believing that Bielsa is indeed a God, and I can see why he is mistaken for one even if he isn't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats Leeds fans Its taken you long enough.. Let's hope your up to task...and you can enjoy and prosper on your return to the prem.  by rights you should NEVER have spent so long in the lower lgs.. but hey that's footie.. or possibly as pertinent, pisspoor financial management...