BANGKOK 24 July 2019 07:02
mojaco

Tokyu Department Store in MBK requires passport if buy 2,000 Baht of groceries

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:04 AM, nkg said:

Yes, they stamp the passport with a "Hello Kitty" logo as part of their loyalty scheme. Once you get 10 stamps, you can have a free cup of coffee 🙂

6pm.jpg.01767fbde66518b406a7a24a820e29ad

If true, well, it is not worth it to get passport pages used up.

On 7/5/2019 at 11:22 AM, ezzra said:

Paranoia and a police state overbearing behaviour... from this silly TM30 to the need to show your ID/Passport/driver's license everywhere you go and need to buy/pay, and yet, thousands of criminals and illegals are everywhere from scammers, to con men drug dealers and hardcore criminals hiding in plain sight...

Not sure where you are going, but i have never been asked to show my passport anywhere. Thai drivers license is fine, and only ever show it when checking into a hotel or at a traffic stop which is fairly infrequent. i.e about once every couple of years.

According to the OP this is the store decision which they have been doing for a number of years? How is that the police fault?

On 7/5/2019 at 2:38 PM, kkerry said:

It would seem to be the most likely explanation...

image.png.e2e4b78f2dda4290e728ac2f9fc863b7.png

Shhhhh dont say or show that, its much more fun to bash the Thai's complain about 'police state' and even blame it on Pattaya being quiet lol

Bunch of moany old twits. I hope the exchange rate keeps going down if it means getting rid of some of these whingy gits lol

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

Shhhhh dont say or show that, its much more fun to bash the Thai's complain about 'police state' and even blame it on Pattaya being quiet lol

Bunch of moany old twits. I hope the exchange rate keeps going down if it means getting rid of some of these whingy gits lol

And I do hope it gets rid of whingy gits who moan about whingy gits!!

“Smut” from the “cake” hole

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 hours ago, wreckingcountry said:

If they ask for my passport I’d dump the goods and walk away

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Why?

You could just say you are not a tourist so don't need the VAT refund, pay for your items and leave.  Please tell me why dumping your goods and walking away is a better idea?  I'm interested in your logic.

Then lets imagine a Chinese tourist in your country, does his/her shopping, a cashier asks them for ID to support a VAT refund at the airport, they get furious without asking any questions, they dump their goods and storm off, causing disruption and inconvenience for the shop and for everyone behind them in the queue.   Would you tell everyone you totally understand and support them, or would you say they were horrendously rude, selfish, and inconsiderate?  Idiotic even?

Please answer.

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Why?

You could just say you are not a tourist so don't need the VAT refund, pay for your items and leave.  Please tell me why dumping your goods and walking away is a better idea?  I'm interested in your logic.

Then lets imagine a Chinese tourist in your country, does his/her shopping, a cashier asks them for ID to support a VAT refund at the airport, they get furious without asking any questions, they dump their goods and storm off, causing disruption and inconvenience for the shop and for everyone behind them in the queue.   Would you tell everyone you totally understand and support them, or would you say they were horrendously rude, selfish, and inconsiderate?  Idiotic even?

Please answer.

Don't burst the poor little fella's bubble.  If he wants to traipse around a supermarket putting goods in a basket or trolley, then stand in line at the checkout, then, when it's his turn, wait while the cashier scans and bags all his items, only to stomp out in a hissing fit, with no groceries and no dignity, due to a misunderstanding, then let him get on with it.  I'd find it quite amusing if I were next in line.

• Haha 1

Why?

Please answer.

Don’t answer stupid questions

And I”ll take no lectures in Thailand about “rude selfish or inconsiderate “ the country wrote the book on it !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app