Blatant abuse of entry denials at Phuket Airport

5 minutes ago, lkv said:

So they counted last year but not this year?

Means it's not rolling?

What exactly did they count? I'm confused now.

I don't know.  They said I was here 192 days.  Couldn't be this year because there were only 181 days in 2019 when I got here this time.

And I was away 100 days

Edited by Parker2100

On 7/4/2019 at 8:17 PM, NightSky said:

I don't claim to be perfect English teacher but I am a native English speaker and you mention that you are a fully qualified teacher although sorry mate your English is far from perfecto-mundo! Therefore I doubt your qualification as a teacher.

I can't see what benefit they (immigration) see for refusing a genuine tourist, this is why I believe you likely have skipped some information out maybe? You already forgot to mention the previous work in Chiang Mai and the previous passport until another member pointed that out and then you forgot which type of visa you held, what else did you skip over or miss out?

I stopped reading at perfect-mundo... <deleted> is that 

Just now, lamyai3 said:

No one will cut you any slack if you give them the finger, anywhere. Why are you such an apologist for immigration? I see nothing to suggest bad attitude in either of the cases on here, nor any indication they're looking for work which you accuse them of. Even if they were this wouldn't be illegal on a tourist visa, it's only taking up work that's not permitted. What I do see is their righteous indignation that they've been treated very badly by a new breed of immigration officer, I'm baffled why any other foreigner would applaud this and sneer at their misfortune.

Breed of immigration officer? Try breed of primate. Most of them make around 20,000 baht per month.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, lkv said:

So they counted last year but not this year?

Means it's not rolling?

What exactly did they count? I'm confused now.

We know from other reports already that for an IO to say "you have been here more than 180 days" they count whatever way suits their needs. Maybe last 12 months, maybe last year, maybe last two years. It doesn't matter because there is no 180 days limit anyway, they just try to make something up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

Their writing suggests an argent entitled attitude(righteous indignation). Never argue and be respectful. You can be assertive but this is quite different from being confrontational and disrespectful.

Please point to exactly what in their posts suggests they were in any way argumentative or disrespectful with the immigration officers.

Becoming confrontational with self-righteous posters who accuse them of lying doesn't count. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

It seems you did a great job at pissing them off. This is not a way to win friends. It was probably they saw you as having an entitled attitude.

Its the same everywhere. I don't think, the police in US or Europe will give you the benefit of a doubt if you give them the finger.

You are presuming a lot.

Not sure how I could have behaved better.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 8:39 AM, jackdd said:

If i feel treated wrong i like to be a pain in the ass.

So if this were my passport i would go to an immigration office, find a high ranking officer and have a talk about this with him.

I would ask him if this note has any legal grounds. If he should confirm my opinion that this is just scribble and doesn't have any legal grounds, i would then file a criminal case because the IO at the airport defaced my passport.

A police report about an IO defacing a persons passport will probably make it into the news, and as we know in this case they will move their asses ????

Yeah......right. Good luck with that.

• Like 2

This comes because with the new law immigration officials are allowed to personally assess the situation and no longer follow the immigration law. This is normal in a country where the dictatorship reigns, so your protests must do to yourself that you have come to a country where you knew the risks you took well.

Every

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/12/2019 at 9:16 AM, jackdd said:

We know from other reports already that for an IO to say "you have been here more than 180 days" they count whatever way suits their needs. Maybe last 12 months, maybe last year, maybe last two years. It doesn't matter because there is no 180 days limit anyway, they just try to make something up.

Thai consulate in Paris doesn’t deliver you a tourist visa if you have been in Thailand already 180 days in 12 months rolling period, even if there is no rule about that and it’s not new .

Edited by pby92
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, pby92 said:

Thai consulate in Paris doesn’t deliver you a tourist visa if you have been in Thailand already 180 in 12 months rolling period, even if there is no rule about that and it’s not new .

Paris has been difficult on this in the past, London never imposed this rule. These two embassies are now road testing the new e-visa system, so I can only envisage more restrictions coming into play. 

1 hour ago, pby92 said:

Thai consulate in Paris doesn’t deliver you a tourist visa if you have been in Thailand already 180 days in 12 months rolling period, even if there is no rule about that and it’s not new .

Embassies and consulates have official discretion over issuing of visas. Similarly, immigration has official discretion over allowing or denying visa exempt entries and visas on arrival. What is not officially permitted under Thai law is immigration deciding to overrule the decisions of embassies/consulates on their issuance of visas. Immigration is supposed only to deny entry pursuant to legitimate use of one of the reasons under Section 12 of the Immigration Act, or orders promulgated by the Minister.

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2019 at 7:35 PM, dtag said:

As for me, I'm taking my tourist dollars elsewhere- for good. Bye Bye LOS. You've really hit rock bottom when you won't honor visas from your own embassies.

But know you are back, hence have forgiven. Or was it some urge that became just too strong?

4 hours ago, dtag said:

Final update . After travelling in the Philippines for 2 months, i flew back in today to Don Muang with the exact same Thai tourist visa. 

Still valid, and no questons asked even about if I had a ticket out ( which i did have printed out and ready). I was stamped in for 60 days  as shoild have happened 2 months ago.  

So seemingly   my story was right all along. I was the victim of one jerk IO who decided to detain me for 3 days without cause and then also try to screw me with Cambodian immigration with a false letter regarding my finances. 

I eagerly await the apologies of the various know -it-alls on this forum  who were all too excited to say I was the problem. 

Have a great weekend 

I am a non native English speaker and former visa runner with 1 year black list, arrived back without a visa in Phuket and got taken aside + let in:

Your English really sucks for an American who claims to have a degree + been teaching 15 years around the world.
I just read this entire topic and I heavily doubt the credibility of your story, suspect you lacking details that have caused you problems previously.

Neither do I buy the arguments of other posters here, that it can be blamed on your detention or the time of the day, I don't even manage to write like that drunk. 
Your last post of 3 hours ago is of similar 'quality' too.

Maybe you can start speaking the truth and tell us where you really come from, and what happened before your denial in Thailand. You <deleted> someone off?

Edited by tabarin