BANGKOK 24 July 2019 00:56
dtag

Blatant abuse of entry denials at Phuket Airport

5 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

It seems you did a great job at pissing them off. This is not a way to win friends. It was probably they saw you as having an entitled attitude.

Its the same everywhere. I don't think, the police in US or Europe will give you the benefit of a doubt if you give them the finger.

You are presuming a lot.

Not sure how I could have behaved better.

• Like 1

love it, post 27, a teacher ? who posts a long winded letter full of mistakes.

On 7/12/2019 at 8:39 AM, jackdd said:

If i feel treated wrong i like to be a pain in the ass.

So if this were my passport i would go to an immigration office, find a high ranking officer and have a talk about this with him.

I would ask him if this note has any legal grounds. If he should confirm my opinion that this is just scribble and doesn't have any legal grounds, i would then file a criminal case because the IO at the airport defaced my passport.

A police report about an IO defacing a persons passport will probably make it into the news, and as we know in this case they will move their asses 😉

Yeah......right. Good luck with that.

• Like 1

This comes because with the new law immigration officials are allowed to personally assess the situation and no longer follow the immigration law. This is normal in a country where the dictatorship reigns, so your protests must do to yourself that you have come to a country where you knew the risks you took well.

Every

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/12/2019 at 9:16 AM, jackdd said:

We know from other reports already that for an IO to say "you have been here more than 180 days" they count whatever way suits their needs. Maybe last 12 months, maybe last year, maybe last two years. It doesn't matter because there is no 180 days limit anyway, they just try to make something up.

Thai consulate in Paris doesn’t deliver you a tourist visa if you have been in Thailand already 180 days in 12 months rolling period, even if there is no rule about that and it’s not new .

Edited by pby92
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, pby92 said:

Thai consulate in Paris doesn’t deliver you a tourist visa if you have been in Thailand already 180 in 12 months rolling period, even if there is no rule about that and it’s not new .

Paris has been difficult on this in the past, London never imposed this rule. These two embassies are now road testing the new e-visa system, so I can only envisage more restrictions coming into play. 

1 hour ago, pby92 said:

Thai consulate in Paris doesn’t deliver you a tourist visa if you have been in Thailand already 180 days in 12 months rolling period, even if there is no rule about that and it’s not new .

Embassies and consulates have official discretion over issuing of visas. Similarly, immigration has official discretion over allowing or denying visa exempt entries and visas on arrival. What is not officially permitted under Thai law is immigration deciding to overrule the decisions of embassies/consulates on their issuance of visas. Immigration is supposed only to deny entry pursuant to legitimate use of one of the reasons under Section 12 of the Immigration Act, or orders promulgated by the Minister.

Many new posts started of irrational hassles from IOs at various border crossings and airports. What an absolute shock. 

Am I a one off still ? Or just a guy detained for imperfect phone typing ? 

Ha ha . Greeting from the PI 

8 minutes ago, dtag said:

Greeting from the PI

Greetings. Surprised internet is working.

Maybe time to close this thread.

Edited by lkv

Many new posts started of irrational hassles from IOs at various border crossings and airports. What an absolute shock. 

Am I a one off still ? Or just a guy detained for imperfect phone typing ? 

Ha ha . Greeting from the PI 

• Like 1

So last decade 

Like saying you are surprised Cambodia has enough atms or thinking that it is diificult to visit Vietnam . 

The thread doesnt close because it makes you uncomfortable. 

Edited by dtag