Clearing land of weeds etc

kiwinz

Hi guys, need to clear 1 ngan plot of weeds/grass etc.  Can someone , preferably with experience, recommend a decent brush cutter/weed wacker or whatever they're called here. Only have GH close by - Kalasin , to make my selection from. Or there maybe an online option ?.  We are looking to sell this plot ( close to town centre ) if anyone interested.  Cheers : )

If you want a good piece of machinery buy a Honda weedwacker.

You pay more but it is worth it!

Ours is over ten years old and has cut tons of weed and grass(the legal kind)

Just regular maintenance,never broke down.

This is what I use. It's a wheeled brush-cutter and is supplied with a circular blade which I removed and replaced with a digging blade. Both available from Lazada, the 4-stroke brush-cutter is currently 4,700 baht, the digging blade is 1,199 baht. It digs to a depth of about 2cm, which is enough to dig out most weeds, but you can go deeper by moving the blade around. It must be pulled along, rather than pushing it, so it can be a little tiring after a while. This wheeled version is much easier to use than one supported by shoulder straps.

20190705_115133.jpg

7 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Alternative...hire Thais to pull the weeds by hand...

No, I am not kidding.

If I tried to hire locals to pull weeds they would be convinced I was "kidding" not many willing to work up here in the NE.

15 hours ago, kiwinz said:

Cheers, any particular type of blade ?  saw quite a few different types.

Honda UMK425 is very good, see what blades it comes with and take it from there?

2 minutes ago, CGW said:

If I tried to hire locals to pull weeds they would be convinced I was "kidding" not many willing to work up here in the NE.

Entice them with grilled meatless chicken bones, a few scorpions and rice field rats...no, I am not kidding! 

I don’t know how big the area is best bet get a local guy with tractor. Have him clear it cost is very low... have a Thai negotiate.

i had dirt tilled and raked flat 1/4 acre 300 baht 45 mins. 

Archived