Body of foreign man found floating off Phuket

snoop1130

Body of foreign man found floating off Phuket

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1562229138_1-org.jpg

The body was found floating in the water at Ao Yon at about 11:20am this morning (July 4). Photo: Wichit Police

PHUKET:-- Police are hoping to soon identify the body of a foreign man found floating off Ao Yon, on Phuket’s east coast, this morning (July 4).

Police were called to the quiet bay at 11:20am, where Maj Rattanachai Siangsanoh of the Wichit Police was shown the body of the man, a Caucasion male, about 40 years old, lying on the sand.

The body was taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital, where doctors estimated that the man had been dead at least eight hours before his body was found, noted an initial report by police.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/body-of-foreign-man-found-floating-off-phuket-72002.php#demo

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-07-04

The body is Steve, owner of Fiji Palms resort next to the port at Ao Makham.   The body was found by some locals, but a friend of mine was near who knows Steve well.

Steve, English though also lived in NZ and Fiji.   His Fijiann wife passed away some years ago.   A Liverpublian and staunch Everton supporter.

I can't verify this, but my understanding is that he'd been involved in a car accident with some locals very recently.

13 minutes ago, pagallim said:

The body is Steve, owner of Fiji Palms resort next to the port at Ao Makham.   The body was found by some locals, but a friend of mine was near who knows Steve well.

Steve, English though also lived in NZ and Fiji.   His Fijiann wife passed away some years ago.   A Liverpublian and staunch Everton supporter.

I can't verify this, but my understanding is that he'd been involved in a car accident with some locals very recently.

Thanks for that inside knowledge. Sad ...

Surprisingly not in the media, not even confirmation of his identity.   However, from friends of mine who live in Panwa, apparent cause of death was a heart attack (though the friend who saw the body on the beach said he looked like he'd been beaten - though from my own personal experience, some corpses get 'pooling' of blood in the body which resembles bruising).

I believe that Steve's son has arrived from NZ.

Archived