Jump to content
BANGKOK 24 July 2019 07:48
webfact

With pomp and flyovers, Trump embraces military in July 4 salute

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Maybe the whole thing was a ruse by Trump to get taxpayers to foot the production cost of his campaign ad:

 

 

 

Added in edit:

BTW, in usual Trump style, some of the footage isn’t actual footage from the ill-attended rainy day parade, but is spliced in from some 2008 concert.

 

Edited by Thakkar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

ill-attended rainy day parade

Dunno why you guys keep bagging on the size of the crowd. There is literal photographic evidence of it being packed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Thainesss said:

And as an indicator of the current stupid state of the media and activist liberal journalists posting misleading pictures trying to crap on the parade, Snopes actually did a “fact-check” on the pictures. 

 

Fact check - True. It was packed even through the rain. 

 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/crowd-at-trump-july-4-event/

 

GettyImages-1153790793-e1562337940498.jp

Places where people didn't have to endure a Trump speech also had a good turnout:  https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/07/04/boston-4th-of-july-celebration-esplanade-fireworks/

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Thainesss said:

And as an indicator of the current stupid state of the media and activist liberal journalists posting misleading pictures trying to crap on the parade, Snopes actually did a “fact-check” on the pictures. 

 

Fact check - True. It was packed even through the rain. 

 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/crowd-at-trump-july-4-event/

 

GettyImages-1153790793-e1562337940498.jp

 

Thanks. Guess I was wrong. I trust Snopes. I’ve even donated to them. Their responses are thorough and documented and supported. I guess Trump just lies soo often and cavalierly that my default position is to distrust him. In this instance, turns out he was telling the truth about the attendance. The reason crowd sizes is an issue, is because he made it so. It matters to him, and he tends to exaggerate attendance at his rallies, as he did with his inauguration.

 

In any case, my main point was about him using the parade to make a campaign ad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, heybruce said:

Places where people didn't have to endure a Trump speech also had a good turnout:  https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/07/04/boston-4th-of-july-celebration-esplanade-fireworks/

To be fair, Donald Trump, a few tanks and squadrons of billion dollar jets is no match for Queen Latifah and her voice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

To be fair, Donald Trump, a few tanks and squadrons of billion dollar jets is no match for Queen Latifah and her voice!

I preferred Arlo Guthrie, but I'm at that age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2019 at 1:52 AM, billd766 said:

I disagree.

 

The parade was on July 4th which is a public holiday in the USA. The majority of the military involved would be enjoying the day off with their families and friends and not taking part in a display so that pompous xxxx (deleted by me) could say how good he was.

We’ll see how the people think Trump has done a good job, in November, 2020. 

Edited by Catoni
Correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Thakkar said:

 

Thanks. Guess I was wrong. I trust Snopes. I’ve even donated to them. Their responses are thorough and documented and supported. I guess Trump just lies soo often and cavalierly that my default position is to distrust him. In this instance, turns out he was telling the truth about the attendance. The reason crowd sizes is an issue, is because he made it so. It matters to him, and he tends to exaggerate attendance at his rallies, as he did with his inauguration.

 

In any case, my main point was about him using the parade to make a campaign ad.

The cameras didn’t lie. I was truly shocked when I saw how many people attended Trump’s July 4 celebration in Washington, D.C. 

     A hell of a lot more people than I expected to show up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2019 at 5:38 AM, Thainesss said:

And as an indicator of the current stupid state of the media and activist liberal journalists posting misleading pictures trying to crap on the parade, Snopes actually did a “fact-check” on the pictures. 

 

Fact check - True. It was packed even through the rain. 

 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/crowd-at-trump-july-4-event/

 

GettyImages-1153790793-e1562337940498.jp

Thanks for the photo. Looks like a bit of a crowd showed up. The rain didn’t even keep them away.

      It appears that Trump really packs ‘em in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2019 at 7:55 PM, lannarebirth said:

In the main, I agree with you. That it was directed toward, sponsered in part by (with the federal govt. kicking in the lion's share), and attended mainly by his supporters though, makes me question whether or not it was a campaign event, rather than a non partisan event.

I watched his whole speech. It was all in support of the military and the history of the country. 

     Nothing about his accomplishments as President. 

   Not a campaign speech. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...