With pomp and flyovers, Trump embraces military in July 4 salute

webfact

On 7/6/2019 at 12:52 PM, billd766 said:

I disagree.

The parade was on July 4th which is a public holiday in the USA. The majority of the military involved would be enjoying the day off with their families and friends and not taking part in a display so that pompous xxxx (deleted by me) could say how good he was.

the day off?  they would have been busy for weeks if not months preparing and training and drilling for the parade.  lots of extra hours evenings and weekends to make it all perfect.....instead of doing less important stuff, like defending the nation. 

you ever watch a platoon spend a day rubbing baby oil on apc's to make 'em sparkle in the sun?  sad.  yugely sad.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

the day off?  they would have been busy for weeks if not months preparing and training and drilling for the parade.  lots of extra hours evenings and weekends to make it all perfect.....instead of doing less important stuff, like defending the nation. 

you ever watch a platoon spend a day rubbing baby oil on apc's to make 'em sparkle in the sun?  sad.  yugely sad.

you ever watch a platoon spend a day rubbing baby oil on apc's to make 'em sparkle in the sun?  sad.  yugely sad.

Not really. When I was doing my 25 years in the RAF we spent a few days cleaning and hiding things for the yearly inspections, we never bothered with crap like that, though we probably washed the Land Rovers every month.

The Army were a lot keener on bull crap than either the RAF or the Royal Navy.

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

you ever watch a platoon spend a day rubbing baby oil on apc's to make 'em sparkle in the sun?  sad.  yugely sad.

Not really. When I was doing my 25 years in the RAF we spent a few days cleaning and hiding things for the yearly inspections, we never bothered with crap like that, though we probably washed the Land Rovers every month.

The Army were a lot keener on bull crap than either the RAF or the Royal Navy.

i weren't joking about the baby oil.  scroll down to #13!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029607007

i imagine standing for hours or marching on black asphalt with no shade, 90 degree temperatures and 80% humidity, all for the pleasure of commander bonespurs would really get you in the celebratory mood.

and after all this, his parade isn't half as impressive as little rocketman's!

18 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

There are quite a few people hoping Trump will be re-elected simply because he has created a whole new industry sorting facts from his lies. Most of those lies are self-glorification and protection, many are simple ignorance, and quite a few are rank stupidity.

AFAIK the lies are leading 3 to 1, and bolting away as 2020 draws nearer.

"AFAIK the lies are leading 3 to 1, and bolting away as 2020 draws nearer."   

Examples and Cites ? ?   And not a leftist news rag please.    

Another "...never Trumper..."   How's the economy in the U.S. lately ? ? 

6 hours ago, Catoni said:

"AFAIK the lies are leading 3 to 1, and bolting away as 2020 draws nearer."   

Examples and Cites ? ?   And not a leftist news rag please.    

Another "...never Trumper..."   How's the economy in the U.S. lately ? ? 

Here's a "Top Ten" list of Trump lies, plus many contenders.  I'm sure you'll recognize many of them.   https://www.thetoptens.com/lies-president-donald-trump-has-told-since-taking-office/

Trump inherited a strong economy and juiced it up with deficit expanding tax cuts.  That makes his campaign promise to eliminate the deficit a lie. 

Perhaps the most bizarre moment of all? When the guy who managed to avoid the Vietnam draft 5 times told young Americans that they should “join our military and make a truly great statement in life. And you should do it.”

As he droned his way through his version of history, and hand-picked loyalists sitting in attendance and military hardware on display, you had to be reminded of the spectacles North Korea puts on.

Archived