Visa extension base on my child

Hi

I've been extending my visa base on my wife over 6 years back to back

But since this year my child is in a age that it's hard to waiting a log time and i don't want they send me back for anything new 

I was suggested to extend my visa base on my child , they said it's easier 

So all the documents is the same 

400k in bank for 2 months

Copy of passport

Copy of my wife id 

Copy of my child paper

Pictures

Tm7

Tm30

Copy of other documents  such as report , arrival card , blue book both for my wife and my child , home documents which is in my wife name ,copy of marriage registration ,copy of konror 2 a new one ,copy of book bank 

Plus all the original documents

Picture of me , my wife and my child 4 pieces in different situations inside the home , picture of door number , building number , condominium name and the street name

If there is a new documents needed please let me know , or any suggestions how to do the process as fast as possible because I really don't want my daughter get annoyed by waiting a long time or going there second time

Thank you so much

Edited by sadeghsep

I don't know who told you it was easier but it isn't. I went through the process last year and required about 5 visits to immigration. They just kept adding extra hoops to jump through which I wasn't informed of at the beginning. All of which are apparently standard procedure. They simply told me it was very difficult and I would be better off doing a retirement visa (as it is a lot of extra work for them)

The photos have to be specific. I was given  2 different sets of requirements but in the end it was photos holding my son front of my home showing address, photo in the bedroom with my son and photo in the living room. All of the standard documents were required, in some cases 5 copies and there was a mountain of paperwork, every copy to be signed. That was all ok until they told me I would need the same photos of three thai people that MUST reside in my specific moo baan. Try getting a Thai women in your bedroom for a photo let alone 3!

I returned with the photos then they told me these three people would have to come for an interview at immigration at immigrations convenience. I hate dragging people to do stuff like that in the middle of the day. I mean everyone is busy and has jobs. Initially I had three people that would vouch for me but 2 of them backed out at the photo stage. So looked like only one person would be doing the photos and coming for the interview. At the last minute her sister came but still wouldn't take the photos for me. Anyway, somehow the lady I took with me talked them into it and all good. Every time I went I needed to take my son. After about the 4th or 5th visit I waited the month for approval and all was ok. I really felt like  had made a huge mistake switching from retirement to child visa but as things turned out with the new retirement requirements it was a godsend. Apparently this year when I renew I don't have to have other people come and vouch for me, only required first year. I did the child visa thing thinking it would strengthen and document I am my sons sole carer (his mother gone). The other benefit of a child visa is by law you are only required to have the 400k in the bank the day you apply, but my immigration insisted on 2 months prior and I believe many offices do also. I found it very difficult why a visa which should be one of the most legitimate reasons to be in Thailand (having a Thai child to support here) would be one of the most difficult. By the way I assume you are the legitimate father as you are married? A birth certificate alone is not enough.

If I was you and already on a marriage visa I would save myself a lot of grief and hassle and stick with the visa you are on now.

• Like 2

Are you sure we only need 400k in bank for one day?

Usually i keep 2 months before and sometimes officer will ask me to keep it one month after till i get my 11 months 

Btw thanks for your information

Maybe i'll fill out two tm7 one base on my wife and one on my daughter

I have another question usually i write the reason of extension " visiting wife" 

Do you know if i want to get base on my kid what i have to write?

18 minutes ago, sadeghsep said:

Are you sure we only need 400k in bank for one day?

Usually i keep 2 months before and sometimes officer will ask me to keep it one month after till i get my 11 months 

Btw thanks for your information

Maybe i'll fill out two tm7 one base on my wife and one on my daughter

I have another question usually i write the reason of extension " visiting wife" 

Do you know if i want to get base on my kid what i have to write?

No, I am not recommending you put 400k baht in for a day and demand your rights. As far as I know and I think it was confirmed by Ubon Joe once, officially the rule is 400k for one day for a child extension, but whether all or some offices demand 2 months I am not sure. Best check with your local IO. Only they will tell you what they require and as all offices are different it will be "up to them". 

They wont let you muck around and have a bet each way ie two forms and if you are already on a marriage or retirement visa they may avoid you changing unless you have a good reason to do so as it is a lot of extra work and paperwork for them, probably for nothing in their eyes. Too be honest I don't recall what I put on my form. I'm not sure if you are still with your wife or whether the child is with you full time but they do go out of their way to make you prove this. It struck me as sad that for example if you were living here and maybe only saw your child on weekends or even week on week off maybe you wouldn't get the extension unless the child was living with you full time. I guess again it is at the mercy of the IO. May be easier if you were still with your wife or girlfriend / child's mother. Maybe they were harder on me because I wasn't with my sons mother anymore. In any case if you would have been doing extensions based on marriage I think you would have had to also taken three witnesses from your moo baan to attest you are living together the first time at least unless you were getting the 12 month ME marriage visa from Savanakhet?   

Edited by Kenny202

Yes , I'm living with my wife and my daughter all the time and currently I'm taking care of my daughter in home , and i extended my visa every year , I've been told both extension needs the same documents but for kid they will get a bit easier

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

They will probably push you to an extension based on marriage to a Thai woman.

Thanks,  i was thinking about something like that also

How about my documents i posted earlier , is all complete or do i need something new for this year?

10 hours ago, sadeghsep said:

Thanks,  i was thinking about something like that also

How about my documents i posted earlier , is all complete or do i need something new for this year?

You should be prepared for the extension based upon marriage as well. Just add your child's house book registry and birth certificate to this list of general requirements. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

You should be prepared for the extension based upon marriage as well. Just add your child's house book registry and birth certificate to this list of general requirements. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf
Do you have a similar list of documents required for child extension Ubon joe?

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I went from a marriage to a retirement after getting divorced then to the guardian visa without too many issues. 3 Photos and a monthlong wait while they approved the visa in Bangkok I am guessing. Got asked if I was a cheap Charlie, did not make any comment , I am well off but probably not as well off as the immigration guys. Bringing more money than is necessary is not a good idea.

42 minutes ago, sadeghsep said:

Thanks , so all documents are the same as last year

All the same as far as I know.

If doing it at Chaeng Wattana you only need one set of paperwork and photos attached to one TM7 form.

49 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

All the same as far as I know.

If doing it at Chaeng Wattana you only need one set of paperwork and photos attached to one TM7 form.

Yes i don't understand why people are keep saying 2 or 3 sets of paperwork , i remember one time i pass a lot of paperwork to an officer and she got angry and several times she said one of each and throw all extra documents in front of me,as i understand they need a clean and enough documents instead of plenty

Also they don't need copies of each passport page , first page , visa page and last extension stamp page

Edited by sadeghsep

Yes i don't understand why people are keep saying 2 or 3 sets of paperwork , i remember one time i pass a lot of paperwork to an officer and she got angry and several times she said one of each and throw all extra documents in front of me,as i understand they need a clean and enough documents instead of plenty
Also they don't need copies of each passport page , first page , visa page and last extension stamp page
For the child visa I definitely need multiple copies of everything. I think from memory there was 4 or 5 sets of documents ended up about an inch thick and I had to sign every page

6 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

For the child visa I definitely need multiple copies of everything. I think from memory there was 4 or 5 sets of documents ended up about an inch thick and I had to sign every page

Well maybe in Bangkok at government complex things are different because it's the main office , i assume in other provinces they may need to send some documents to Bangkok or other offices and that is why they need more copies 

8 minutes ago, sadeghsep said:

Well maybe in Bangkok at government complex things are different because it's the main office , i assume in other provinces they may need to send some documents to Bangkok or other offices and that is why they need more copies 

Possibly yes. I believe our aplications go to Korat for approval. Im talking about a child visa not a marriage visa

8 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I believe our aplications go to Korat for approval.

Actually they are sent to Division 4 headquarters that moved from Korat to Khon Kaen early last year.

The 2nd TM7 application form and etc makes a one way trip to the headquarters. When approved they make up a list of them and send them to the offices where the applications were done.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What is the kor2 document referred to in the list? I have the original Thai marriage certificate.

Is anything additional required for marriage extension if you have Thai kids (living at home with my wife)?

Thanks

24 minutes ago, stament said:

What is the kor2 document referred to in the list? I have the original Thai marriage certificate.

The Kor Ror 2 form is the marriage registry that was done when you registered your marriage. It is 2 or 3 pages long.

If don't have one a printout of it done at any amphoe. Easy for your wife to get it by showing her ID card, completing a form and paying a fee of 20 baht. Many immigration want a new printout of it every year to prove you are still married.

24 minutes ago, stament said:

Is anything additional required for marriage extension if you have Thai kids (living at home with my wife)?

Copies of your children's birth certificates and their house book registry if not in the same house book as your wife.

14 minutes ago, steve1959 said:

my friend wants to change his one year extension based on retirement to extension based on child. He is not married to the mother but lives with her, he has his name on birth certificate. Is this possible? 

His name on the birth certificate does not make him the legal parent of his child since is not married to their mother.

He would have to legitimize his parenthood by going to an Amphoe if his child is is 7 year old older. If not it would need to be done at a family court. Legitimization is required by immigration to apply for the extension.

There is a pinned topic here about it. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

Hi again 

I want to share my experience maybe can help some

Now in Bangkok government complex things are so different using an agent or not will not help you to make things faster agents can't go inside the officer office anymore ( this thing was bothering me all the time in past)

And officers encourage you to do everything with yourself 

They are actually helping and friendly now and the process is much faster but you have to go early and get the queue for entrance which is so much easier and better than before 

A few advise for getting the stamps at the first attempt

1. You need everything only one set including tm7 

2. Take the picture nice not like a selfie ( i advise give to someone to take for you or use timer far enough and clear and print them in there not with yourself ,in the basement ,they are professional)

3. Keep the receipt form where you take the photo to prove that your picture taken newly (the application 4x6cm picture)

4. Tm30 date must be after the last time you enter Thailand ( 48 hours after you enter and no penalty or pay 800 baht and it's better your wife to do it)

5. Keep all original documents with you even your old passport 

6. Never pass more than needed documents but you can keep if you are not sure this will make the process faster and easier 

7. Put an extra 200 in your bank account and update your book bank at the same day than copy your book  bank( the officer told me don't touch the money till i get my one year in next month )

Well now i like it more it's not too complicated like before if all documents are completed

• 1 month later...

As a divorcee I put the money in 2 months prior, I was swapping from a retirement to guardian. Photos were an issue, had 1 in front of the house together , ok. One watching TV together Ok. One eating breakfast, but my son did not have a shirt on so it was rejected, but they did not ask for more. Took a month but the visa came through. I also put a letter from the school with all the rest of the submission. This was Phuket, and I got told I was a cheap Charlie swapping from a retirement to guardian, which was probably true compared to the immigration officer who most likely had a better income stream.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect