taking my 30kilo dog back to uk

The process requires rabies blood work done IIRC 2 seperate time a period part.. The animal has to be chipped and the blood work has to be sent away to a recognized lab (I guess they know a Thai vet would just sell you the pass). 

Once that side is done you need an export license, issued within a short window of the flight, I understand this has to come from bangkok. So you will likely need to get to bangkok, get the license, then fly from there not chiang mai in the following days. 

With the above paperwork and the export license you can then ship the dog in the hold (only option on a 30kg dog unless flying private). 

The animal hospital on mahidol road are familiar with the process and the bloodwork etc.. I investigated a couple of years ago and they knew what had to be done. 

Its a lot easier to fly it to europe, then come in via eurotunnel etc than it is to go direct, but that has its own complications. I am in Europe more than uk so considered that. Animal shipping to Paris or amsterdam also much cheaper than to UK was what I saw. 

2 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

The process requires rabies blood work done IIRC 2 seperate time a period part.. The animal has to be chipped and the blood work has to be sent away to a recognized lab (I guess they know a Thai vet would just sell you the pass). 

Once that side is done you need an export license, issued within a short window of the flight, I understand this has to come from bangkok. So you will likely need to get to bangkok, get the license, then fly from there not chiang mai in the following days. 

With the above paperwork and the export license you can then ship the dog in the hold (only option on a 30kg dog unless flying private). 

The animal hospital on mahidol road are familiar with the process and the bloodwork etc.. I investigated a couple of years ago and they knew what had to be done. 

Its a lot easier to fly it to europe, then come in via eurotunnel etc than it is to go direct, but that has its own complications. I am in Europe more than uk so considered that. Animal shipping to Paris or amsterdam also much cheaper than to UK was what I saw. 

How much does it cost to ship pet in the hold?

On 7/8/2019 at 7:19 PM, marcusarelus said:

How much does it cost to ship pet in the hold?

Bringing my pet from EU to TH with national carrier (direct to BKK) was ~ 1½ First class tickets, so depends on the carrier. Also tickets from TH to EU/UK are usually much more expensive than opposite routes, so not cheap as chips.

Edit: Also check on carriers that actually haul live cargo, might be limited coll spaces, I had to first order tickets for myself (or "godparent" flying with the dog) and after that they'd reveal if there was actually space on that flight for the dog - so get a ticket that you can have flexible dates

7 minutes ago, jabis said:

Bringing my pet from EU to TH with national carrier (direct to BKK) was ~ 1½ First class tickets, so depends on the carrier. Also tickets from TH to EU/UK are usually much more expensive than opposite routes, so not cheap as chips.

Edit: Also check on carriers that actually haul live cargo, might be limited coll spaces, I had to first order tickets for myself (or "godparent" flying with the dog) and after that they'd reveal if there was actually space on that flight for the dog - so get a ticket that you can have flexible dates

1 and 1/2 first class tickets for the dog?  

9 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

1 and 1/2 first class tickets for the dog?  

Yep, cost for the ticket for my ex was ~600€ and about 2800€ (first class ticket was at the time ~1850€ or so) for the dog, after negotiating 700€ less from the carriers' cargo, because the dog was on the 50kg limit with his carrier box, but not over it... A chihuahua would've gotten around 500€ ticket with the same 1m3 coll space reserved (same spot, same loaders, same cage).

EDIT: same box from BKK to CNX flying Thai Airways (unloaded and imported at BKK), the ticket for dog was 4500thb - had to go on a bigger plane than was on the ticket, as no space for live cargo. 

Archived