One year rental confirmation of hotel NON IMM OA

Frankfurt consulate demands a one year confirmation letter of rental or hotel arrangement (Berlin Thai embassy does not). Can someone recommend a hotel where one could book one year in advance and then cancel the booking free of charge? I already spend 200€ on the process and would hate to spend it all again for the same visa in Berlin which does not ask for this nonsense.

Thanks!

Frankfurt consulate demands a one year confirmation letter of rental or hotel arrangement (Berlin Thai embassy does not). Can someone recommend a hotel where one could book one year in advance and then cancel the booking free of charge? I already spend 200€ on the process and would hate to spend it all again for the same visa in Berlin which does not ask for this nonsense.   Thanks!

That is really ridiculous! For one, as far as I know, booking hotels online, one can only book for 30 nights; if so you would have to have 12 bookings for an entire year. Also, booking for one year ahead is a lot of money. What if you didn't want to spend all 365 days just in Thailand, but say 30 days in a neighbouring country? 

I would try to book a hotel directly online, that accepts a full-year booking, and can send you a booking confirmation, but also lets you pay later (after you've got your visa issued), then cancel the booking. Most hotels let you cancel just a few days before the check-in date.

Actually, my g/f works with a hotel booking company. Send me a private message; perhaps she can help you.

Sent from my SM-J415F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I cannot find where is states you must have a full year for proof of accommodations on the this page.https://www.thaigeneralkonsulat.de/de/visaarten-und-erforderliche-unterlagen.html

I suggest you contact them about it. I am sure they only want proof of your accommodation for when you first arrive.

They ask for a copy of rental lease (no duration mentioned) OR an invitation from Thai guarantor OR a copy of Tabien Baan.

@ubonjoe Thanks for your post!

They explicitly asked for the full year. I asked: Is one month acceptable as I would travel they said no. As I lived in Thailand before I was aware that arguing was not gonna help ...

They already approved my financial documentation.

A guarantor in Thailand would also be acceptable but I don't have one. Geman guy at the consulate said his superior would not accept without it.

It says so on there website:

3 Kopien des Wohnraumnachweises in Thailand z.B. Kopien des Mietvertrags in Thailand oder eine Einladung von dem Bürgen in Thailand oder Kopien des thailändischen Hausregisters

Berlin is not demanding this nonsense and it was there website I checked and prepared the documents.

Edited by stat

1 minute ago, StayinThailand2much said:

They ask for a copy of rental lease (no duration mentioned) OR an invitation from Thai guarantor OR Tabien Baan.

I will fly in from Germany so no Tabien Baan or invitation from Thailand i.e. someone who will potentially finance my whole stay.

20 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

That is really ridiculous! For one, as far as I know, booking hotels online, one can only book for 30 nights; if so you would have to have 12 bookings for an entire year. Also, booking for one year ahead is a lot of money. What if you didn't want to spend all 365 days just in Thailand, but say 30 days in a neighbouring country? 

I would try to book a hotel directly online, that accepts a full-year booking, and can send you a booking confirmation, but also lets you pay later (after you've got your visa issued), then cancel the booking. Most hotels let you cancel just a few days before the check-in date.

Actually, my g/f works with a hotel booking company. Send me a private message; perhaps she can help you.

Can you recommend one hotel that lets me do this in Phuket? Thanks for your offer regarding the hotel booking company but I would like to keep it on an official website as I would cancel a 5.000 to 10.000€ booking. Thanks again!

Visa was declined by Frankfurt embassy. They called me and wanted me to meet with the consul. As I dont live in Frankfurt and was not even assured that I would get the OA visa I respectfully declined to come to Frankfurt on short notice. So next time I will try the Berlin embassy for OA Visa.

200€ (150€+throw away flight +other stuff )+ 1 workday to get all the stuff wasted, this is sad. Apparently they are still afraid that I would work as a field hand for 500 Baht a day despite my university education, cv and ample finances. ????

Edited by stat

I haven't heard of this issue before, but worse case scenario, make a 1 year rental agreement with a real estate agent, lodge a deposit, then cancel your booking, and be prepared to lose your deposit. 

It's getting crazy. 

11 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I haven't heard of this issue before, but worse case scenario, make a 1 year rental agreement with a real estate agent, lodge a deposit, then cancel your booking, and be prepared to lose your deposit. 

It's getting crazy. 

screw  em go to another country.

On 7/5/2019 at 7:06 PM, stat said:

It says so on there website:

3 Kopien des Wohnraumnachweises in Thailand z.B. Kopien des Mietvertrags in Thailand oder eine Einladung von dem Bürgen in Thailand oder Kopien des thailändischen Hausregisters

I successfully obtained my one-year multiple entry Type-OA from Frankfurt Royal Thai Consulate back in March of this year.  In my case I own a unit in a condominium in Thailand, so it was relatively easy for me to simply include 3 copies of my proof of condominium unit ownership - which was good enough for them for this aspect of the Type-OA application.

Edited by oldcpu

14 hours ago, stat said:

Visa was declined by Frankfurt embassy. They called me and wanted me to meet with the consul. As I dont live in Frankfurt and was not even assured that I would get the OA visa I respectfully declined to come to Frankfurt on short notice. So next time I will try the Berlin embassy for OA Visa.

200€ (150€+throw away flight +other stuff )+ 1 workday to get all the stuff wasted, this is sad. Apparently they are still afraid that I would work as a field hand for 500 Baht a day despite my university education, cv and ample finances. ????

I can recommend Hamburg, you usually get back everything at the same day there, Berlin is super slow and overrun.

18 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Sad state of affairs, especially when you consider that this particular visa is not exclusively for people who plan to live in Thailand the whole year round.

The consulate in Frankfurt writes on their website:

Dieses Visum wird nur erteilt, wenn sich der Antragsteller langzeitig oder dauerhaft in Thailand aufhalten wird.

Translation: This visa will only be issued if the applicant will stay in Thailand long term or permanently.

So at least this consulate considers it to be exclusively for people who plan to live in Thailand the whole year round.

@op:

If this is not too far for you, they have always been helpful and quick in processing my tourist visas, you might want to give them a call and ask about the exact details of a non-OA there: http://www.thai-konsulat-nrw.de/

Edited by jackdd