Leaving condo without notice

6 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

No, not true at all. Not being able to pay rent is not a criminal offense, half of thailand would be in jail...jeez

Quite obvious that they broke their contract not taking out repairs, he has all rights in the world to deem the contract broken.

They would need to start a litigation and actually win in front of a court before cops can get involved and then only if he still refuses to pay.

Guess why tentant evictions are so hard, because you can't just throw them out (legally).

https://www.thaicontracts.com/articles/8-thai-law-isn-t-simple/18-legal-aspects-of-lease-rental-tenancy-in-thailand.html

Don't remember any mention of not paying rent. Perhaps you would be so good as to show my error. Don't remember stating who broke the contract also.

Could the cops be called upon? 

Answer: For sure. It's common practice here in such instances.

If OP's squeaky clean and has free time. Go for it. May want to explore compromise options,though.

It's not California. Let alone Kansas.

The topic is about not paying rent on the basis of them breaking their contract not doing repairs and immigration reports, as clearly stated by the topic starter. 

If you don't know what the topic is about then maybe stop spreading your rubbish here.

I have not paid the last 2 months rent.

Agency has been useless no repairs done. Emails ignored. Very rude. 

They didn't notify immigration of a foreigner living here and refused to pay the charge of 1600.

And no it's not common practice, especially when most landlords here don't pay taxes, don't report to immigration and in general are breaking laws.

5 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

The topic is about not paying rent on the basis of them breaking their contract not doing repairs and immigration reports, as clearly stated by the topic starter. 

If you don't know what the topic is about then maybe stop spreading your rubbish here.

And no it's not common practice, especially when most landlords here don't pay taxes, don't report to immigration and in general are breaking laws.

I fully understand the topic. So, apart from just wanting to insult folks, what's your point.

Withholding rent is a breach of contract also and self entitlement by either party doesn't make them correct. I don't decide who's correct and you are equally unqualified. Yet you post diatribe about the law. I never stated which party was in the wrong. So, I assume you see yourself as Attorney General in this field. What an ego you have.

Cops here become involved in the the most trivial of disputes and their leverage can bring about amicable resolutions without recourse to the judicial system. For law abiding folks it shouldn't be an issue.

California dreamin isn't appropriate here. The streets are cleaner.

Archived