BANGKOK 21 July 2019 14:08
jaffas21

changing face of farang teachers

On 7/14/2019 at 7:57 AM, BurgerGung said:

Well, I would second that request. - May I add the disappearance of most African applicants? (Met a few in Vietnam where they get exploited and spend big bucks getting fake documents apostilled. (Degree in English Literally 

Many high school students aren't interested in learning and they cannot fail. 

I always wanted to have a degree in English Literally and one in "English Literature from The University of Surey", ( seen at Khao San rd, written with one r

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Thanks, I've heard of the Christian one before, but it seems that it now belongs to St. Roberts Group on the form, you've attached.

Guess you've made a little typo, 5,500 baht would be what I've paid in total at St. Roberts.

Even when it was accredited for a couple of years, I'd check with the TCT if it still is.

There must have been a reason why the other one isn't offered anymore. 

The courses are offered in LOS, but you'll receive your Diploma and Transcripts from the mother institution in the Philippines.

Please be aware that it will take some time, in my case much longer than they'd promised me.

Once you've signed up for it, you can ask them to send you a document stating your enrollment and a provisional TL will be issued, no matter how many you've already had.

I emailed St Roberts Group about a month ago and got these prices (though it doesn't say St Roberts)

Capture.PNG

Edited by cyril sneer

On 7/6/2019 at 10:01 AM, expatfromwyoming said:

Teaching English in Thailands teacher-centered education system revolves around students copying ‘information'.  When the students are tested they are tested on what they can remember, not what they know or whether they can pronounce words. How can you teach a language to people who are only able to copy words without thinking and have no idea of how words are pronounced. 

Is it any wonder Thai students rank lowly in English proficiency and are the laughing stock of ASEAN

Didactic English instruction is the only way students are taught English mainly due to the class sizes.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 4:24 PM, cyril sneer said:

I emailed St Roberts Group about a month ago and got these prices (though it doesn't say St Roberts)

Capture.PNG

My other half did an Ed degree through this outfit.  Anything further I can't post due to defamation laws, but she does still have a B Ed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Slip said:

My other half did an Ed degree through this outfit.  Anything further I can't post due to defamation laws, but she does still have a B Ed.

You're so right, even when it should be allowed to write the truth about them. All I can say is that there's not one positive thing other than having my license. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

You're so right, even when it should be allowed to write the truth about them. All I can say is that there's not one positive thing other than having my license. 

I completely understand.  My partner graduated perhaps 3 years ago?  Has finally received the 'confirmation letter' that TCT require to process a licence, after in that time they sent 4 with basic errors in the details.  (Wrong name, wrong course, etc)

• Sad 1