Jump to content
BANGKOK
AAArdvark

TM-30 Online - Where To Go From Here

Recommended Posts

I was trying to do an online TM-30 registration.  One of the basic requirements is the house number.

I rent a condo in CM.  It is leased through a local management company.  The owner is farang of some sort.  My lease specifically requires me to do TM-30s myself, except the initial one. 

My lease does not have the "house number" it only has the address.  I asked the leasing agent for the number and got the address. I then sent her screen captures of the registration forms

I was told that the owner does not have this information and he only has a copy of the title deed.

I know very little about condo ownership in Thailand.

Can it be legally true that the owner does not know the house number?  Sounds like BS to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The house number in your case would be the condo number.

The address for the condo will likely also have a number on the same line as the street name or number. Normally it would be the first number.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The house number in your case would be the condo number.

The address for the condo will likely also have a number on the same line as the street name or number. Normally it would be the first number.

I have that number xxx/xxx.  But the online form has a specific example that does not look like that at all.

house number.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Can it be legally true that the owner does not know the house number?  Sounds like BS to me.

Yes, it's possible the owner was never supplied the Blue House Book (Tabien Baan).

 

Foreigners can't be named in the blue book, unless they have PR status, so therefore many lawyers who handle the purchase don't obtain the book to pass onto the foreign owner.

 

You should be asking the agent for a copy of the Blue Tabien Baan.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Yes, it's possible the owner was never supplied the Blue House Book (Tabien Baan).

 

Foreigners can't be named in the blue book, unless they have PR status, so therefore many lawyers who handle the purchase don't obtain the book to pass onto the foreign owner.

 

You should be asking the agent for a copy of the Blue Tabien Baan.

 

 

They are telling me that neither the owner or the agent has it?  If no one has it how am I supposed to do TM-30s?  Would the condo management ever have it?

Edited by AAArdvark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be obvious but you could try to file in person. Bring your lease and explain your situation. In BKK you can file with just your lease. I don’t know the situation in Chiang Mai.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Martyp said:

This may be obvious but you could try to file in person. Bring your lease and explain your situation. In BKK you can file with just your lease. I don’t know the situation in Chiang Mai.

Yes. Or do by mail and fill in form as "possessor". Need copy of lease. Assuming CM accept mail tm30.

Edited by DrJack54

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

They are telling me that neither the owner or the agent has it?  If no one has it how am I supposed to do TM-30s?  Would the condo management ever have it?

It's the Provincial Amphoe that issue the book.

 

If the owner was never issued the book, then he needs to ask his lawyer why not?

The agent acting on behalf of the owner should be able to obtain it from the Amphoe.

It's not your responsibility to chase it up.

 

If your contract states your responsible to file the TM30, but neither the agent or owner can supply you with the required documents, then they're in breach of the contract.

Threaten to withhold the rent until one of them complies …… that should get things moving!

 

Without the house registration number you can't submit online.

In person or by post, Immigration may accept a copy of your rental contract.

What did the agent use to file the first TM30, or was it the Condo management who filed it, if so they could well have a copy of the Tabien Baan.

 

Edited by Tanoshi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes. Or do by mail and fill in form as "possessor". Need copy of lease. Assuming CM accept mail tm30.

That is plan B or maybe it is plan F.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It's the Provincial Amphoe that issue the book.

 

If the owner was never issued the book, then he needs to ask his lawyer why not?

The agent acting on behalf of the owner should be able to obtain it from the Amphoe.

It's not your responsibility to chase it up.

 

If your contract states your responsible to file the TM30, but neither the agent or owner can supply you with the required documents, then they're in breach of the contract.

Threaten to withhold the rent until one of them complies …… that should get things moving!

 

Without the house registration number you can't submit online.

In person or by post, Immigration may accept a copy of your rental contract.

What did the agent use to file the first TM30?

 

Thanks, I am waiting for a callback from the British manager.  I don't know what they used for the first TM-30 other than it took at least a week to get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

I have that number xxx/xxx.  But the online form has a specific example that does not look like that at all.

house number.JPG

Based on that illustration and what I understand, the 'house number' they want here is the house identification number given on the first page of the Blue Book - not the street address number.

 

I was able to register online successfully and what I put there was the number that is in the location in the Blue Book shown on that diagram.

 

Now if neither the agent nor the owner has the Blue Book, then obviously, you're facing a problem.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although a slightly different situation but in Bangkok my on-line TM30 registration was accepted with just a copy of my Chanote (title deeds) and passport copy. No Blue book or Yellow book or House number, just my address.  Although maybe there is a (Thai) number on the Chanote that they used. Also  I own my own condo so maybe this will make a difference.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Thanks, I am waiting for a callback from the British manager.  I don't know what they used for the first TM-30 other than it took at least a week to get it.

Translated it's the 'House code number'.

The number appears on the first page of the book that purely illustrates the address details.

 

It then appears at the top of other subsequent pages listing the registered occupants and their personal ID numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AAArdvark

 

Do you have a rental contract with the address of the Condo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

@AAArdvark

 

Do you have a rental contract with the address of the Condo?

Yes but the information for that line on the registration form is not there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...