TM-30 Online - Where To Go From Here

I was trying to do an online TM-30 registration.  One of the basic requirements is the house number.

I rent a condo in CM.  It is leased through a local management company.  The owner is farang of some sort.  My lease specifically requires me to do TM-30s myself, except the initial one. 

My lease does not have the "house number" it only has the address.  I asked the leasing agent for the number and got the address. I then sent her screen captures of the registration forms

I was told that the owner does not have this information and he only has a copy of the title deed.

I know very little about condo ownership in Thailand.

Can it be legally true that the owner does not know the house number?  Sounds like BS to me.

• Like 1

The house number in your case would be the condo number.

The address for the condo will likely also have a number on the same line as the street name or number. Normally it would be the first number.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The house number in your case would be the condo number.

The address for the condo will likely also have a number on the same line as the street name or number. Normally it would be the first number.

I have that number xxx/xxx.  But the online form has a specific example that does not look like that at all.

house number.JPG

40 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Can it be legally true that the owner does not know the house number?  Sounds like BS to me.

Yes, it's possible the owner was never supplied the Blue House Book (Tabien Baan).

Foreigners can't be named in the blue book, unless they have PR status, so therefore many lawyers who handle the purchase don't obtain the book to pass onto the foreign owner.

You should be asking the agent for a copy of the Blue Tabien Baan.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Yes, it's possible the owner was never supplied the Blue House Book (Tabien Baan).

Foreigners can't be named in the blue book, unless they have PR status, so therefore many lawyers who handle the purchase don't obtain the book to pass onto the foreign owner.

You should be asking the agent for a copy of the Blue Tabien Baan.

They are telling me that neither the owner or the agent has it?  If no one has it how am I supposed to do TM-30s?  Would the condo management ever have it?

Edited by AAArdvark

8 minutes ago, Martyp said:

This may be obvious but you could try to file in person. Bring your lease and explain your situation. In BKK you can file with just your lease. I don’t know the situation in Chiang Mai.

Yes. Or do by mail and fill in form as "possessor". Need copy of lease. Assuming CM accept mail tm30.

Edited by DrJack54

25 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

They are telling me that neither the owner or the agent has it?  If no one has it how am I supposed to do TM-30s?  Would the condo management ever have it?

It's the Provincial Amphoe that issue the book.

If the owner was never issued the book, then he needs to ask his lawyer why not?

The agent acting on behalf of the owner should be able to obtain it from the Amphoe.

It's not your responsibility to chase it up.

If your contract states your responsible to file the TM30, but neither the agent or owner can supply you with the required documents, then they're in breach of the contract.

Threaten to withhold the rent until one of them complies …… that should get things moving!

Without the house registration number you can't submit online.

In person or by post, Immigration may accept a copy of your rental contract.

What did the agent use to file the first TM30, or was it the Condo management who filed it, if so they could well have a copy of the Tabien Baan.

Edited by Tanoshi

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If the owner was never issued the book, then he needs to ask his lawyer why not?

The agent acting on behalf of the owner should be able to obtain it from the Amphoe.

If your contract states your responsible to file the TM30, but neither the agent or owner can supply you with the required documents, then they're in breach of the contract.

Threaten to withhold the rent until one of them complies …… that should get things moving!

What did the agent use to file the first TM30?

Thanks, I am waiting for a callback from the British manager.  I don't know what they used for the first TM-30 other than it took at least a week to get it.

39 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

I have that number xxx/xxx.  But the online form has a specific example that does not look like that at all.

house number.JPG

Based on that illustration and what I understand, the 'house number' they want here is the house identification number given on the first page of the Blue Book - not the street address number.

I was able to register online successfully and what I put there was the number that is in the location in the Blue Book shown on that diagram.

Now if neither the agent nor the owner has the Blue Book, then obviously, you're facing a problem.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1

Although a slightly different situation but in Bangkok my on-line TM30 registration was accepted with just a copy of my Chanote (title deeds) and passport copy. No Blue book or Yellow book or House number, just my address.  Although maybe there is a (Thai) number on the Chanote that they used. Also  I own my own condo so maybe this will make a difference.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Thanks, I am waiting for a callback from the British manager.  I don't know what they used for the first TM-30 other than it took at least a week to get it.

Translated it's the 'House code number'.

The number appears on the first page of the book that purely illustrates the address details.

It then appears at the top of other subsequent pages listing the registered occupants and their personal ID numbers.

11 minutes ago, rak sa_ngop said:

Although a slightly different situation but in Bangkok my on-line TM30 registration was accepted with just a copy of my Chanote (title deeds) and passport copy. No Blue book or Yellow book or House number, just my address.  Although maybe there is a (Thai) number on the Chanote that they used. Also  I own my own condo so maybe this will make a difference.

What did you enter on the line that says house number or was that not a required line?

1 minute ago, AAArdvark said:

Yes but the information for that line on the registration form is not there.

The House code number on the online registration form is not a required field.

Only the sections with a red * are required fields.

Complete the registration and attach copies of your Passport and rental contract.

If they want more they'll e--mail you.

• Like 1

I have been trying to do the TM30 for a month now. I have had no answer from them at all by email and online it just says ' waiting for approval ' I don't know whether or not to fill out a fresh application and try again? However, it did say I had registered successfully before.

Fortunately, the Immigration office did not ask for anything regards TM30 on my annual renewal last week. All my 90 day reports were in order.

I go to UK at the end of the month for three weeks and I am unsure as to what to do on my return regarding this ' very grey area '

I tend to believe other posters that they are deliberately making it confusing as to extract fines or cash payments to ' smooth things over ' It is all very confusing.

6 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I have been trying to do the TM30 for a month now. I have had no answer from them at all by email and online it just says ' waiting for approval ' I don't know whether or not to fill out a fresh application and try again? However, it did say I had registered successfully before.

Fortunately, the Immigration office did not ask for anything regards TM30 on my annual renewal last week. All my 90 day reports were in order.

I go to UK at the end of the month for three weeks and I am unsure as to what to do on my return regarding this ' very grey area '

I tend to believe other posters that they are deliberately making it confusing as to extract fines or cash payments to ' smooth things over ' It is all very confusing.

Did you receive your password by email to do TM30 online?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tanoshi said:
10 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

What did the agent use to file the first TM30, or was it the Condo management who filed it, if so they could well have a copy of the Tabien Baan.

How could they have electricity meter if there is no house code number and TB? Not sure how long it takes to issue the blue book but there must be another document with the house code as it must have been issued as the location was given residential status and address?

8 minutes ago, zhangxifu said:

Did you receive your password by email to do TM30 online?

No,

Since an email saying I had successfully registered I have received nothing regards password or anything for login.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

No,

Since an email saying I had successfully registered I have received nothing regards password or anything for login.

All that sounds like you have registered to 90 days reporting.

The notify.residence system only ever replied me with one email that has username and password used to login to file TM30. 

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

No,

If you were at your IO doing your extension last week why didn't you mention you were still waiting for your password and ID for the online TM30.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

If you were at your IO doing your extension last week why didn't you mention you were still waiting for your password and ID for the online TM30.

I didn't want to open a can of worms further complicating things and start getting asked all types of questions. I took advice on here that if they didn't mention it, why should I and then possibly giving them an excuse to be given a fine of 1600 baht!, which I don't think I should be paying, when I have followed the rules.

Also, it was going up 12.40pm and he was making comments about his lunch and I didn't want to be there all afternoon.There was absolutely no mention of any TM30. He was quite thorough as well.

3 hours ago, zhangxifu said:

The notify.residence system only ever replied me with one email that has username and password used to login to file TM30. 

No, it's a completely different online form and requirements. I have done my last three or four 90 day reports, except for one I posted as I didn't do it on time. The 90 day reports are or have been very easy. My other half has read the screen tonight as I logged in again with a view to re-registering and informed me that the red writing scrolling up the screen is a notification that they are upgrading the system!! It looks like I have found the problem here albeit inadvertently.

9 hours ago, zhangxifu said:

Actually 2 emails (for me anyway). The first was asking me to confirm my email address (just had to click on the link attached). This arrived within an hour or so.

The second was the username and password. Took about 2 days.

But the document copies I enclosed were the same documents I produced when I made my first TM30 report in person at CW about 2 weeks earlier.

Without a username and password one is not successfully registered.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

No,

Did that email you got ask you to confirm your email address and did you click the link?

I put all the required information (self owned condo in joint name with non Thai wife in Bkk), and received a message to confirm my email through a link, which I did. After 2 days, I received an email saying I should give my wife's passport details as well. I replied to that email with a scan of her passport. After a week, went on the website to check status, it says "Not Approved".

Tried to register all over again, this time uploading both passports on the website, but now it doesn't let me go beyond a certain stage, saying that this address is already registered!

Don't know what to do. Tried calling the number on the website, but only Thai speakers.

13 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

No,

Theres bunch of us still waiting in Bangkok, I am close to 6 weeks waiting now

• Thanks 1