‘Drunk’ foreign tourists filmed riding on the roof of Chiang Mai songthaew

rooster59

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

Does Ms Saepua also take a video and post it online when she sees 10-20 Thai (Myanmar) people on the back of a regular pickup, or only if they are westerners?

..if she is so concerned why is she not trying to stop them..condoning the offence..just as guilty...Big-f-Deal.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These must be drunken foreigners because it appears that they are the only ones that would ride on the roof of a songthaew. Kick them all out of the country including the songthaew drivers

1208587_636242753073791_396668595_n.jpg

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

Does Ms Saepua also take a video and post it online when she sees 10-20 Thai (Myanmar) people on the back of a regular pickup, or only if they are westerners?

Excellent reposte…….Ms Sourpua needs to get a life.

Not only that - she took it upon herself to confront some legless tourists at 1am over their juvenile, but normal young peoples behaviour on a wild night out. 

I wonder what her reaction would have been to a smack in the gob?

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Schoolkids are merely freight with clothes on.

Or even worse, a van going past the roadside place where I had breakfast every morning, full of little kids and the kids opening and closing the sliding door as the vehicle is moving. 

These are part of a pub crawl group , 3-4 songtaews go from bar to bar and quite often people sit on the roof of them .

If anyone wants to join a bar crawl , it costs 400 Baht and free transport, T-Shirt and a bucket 

I must warn you though its full of young people enjoying themselves ,  

2 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Even if they had, they wouldn't do it

Car surfing was quite popular with me and my mates, except we would be doing it 70mph on the outback highways in western Australia. Cling or sit on the roof and driver would pass beers up to us. Or do it at lower speed around town and try and throw the guys on the roof off. All good fun and part of growing up where I came from.

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

So when you said, "Ms Saepea should look closer to home at the pick up's and larger trucks carrying people to work in Thailand," and then included a picture of people riding on top of a vehicle, in a post that mentions no other countries whatsoever, you were actually referring to what happens in other countries?

OK.

I'll bet you're fun to be with at party's .. 

4 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:

"not good for the image of Chiang Mai"

Only if posted on the internet...............video could of just been sent to the BIB and the rest of the world would not be overly aware.

6 minutes ago, Derek B said:

Only if posted on the internet...............video could of just been sent to the BIB and the rest of the world would not be overly aware.

It might as well have been posted on the internet because, quite frankly, the rest of the world doesn't give a Tom Tit.

46 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Car surfing was quite popular with me and my mates, except we would be doing it 70mph on the outback highways in western Australia. Cling or sit on the roof and driver would pass beers up to us. Or do it at lower speed around town and try and throw the guys on the roof off. All good fun and part of growing up where I came from.

you Ozzies are a tough breed

Since when has Thailand been civilized?  The driver allowed it in any case.  Who is she to tell them it’s dangerous.  It’s not like they were driving a whole family on a motorbike at night with no lights, going the wrong direction 

7 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Completely normal behavior from the Khao San Road/Full Moon Party morons. Shut down Khao San Road and the Full Moon Party end of all these foreigner problems.

Yeah, Grumpy old Man go to sleep 9pm????????????

4 hours ago, tabarin said:

Don't worry Chiang Mai, soon nobody even bothers to come. With 34.59 baht per euro, it is rather expensive too.

where do you get so much thb for your euro ?
It is now 34,35 thb for 1 euro....

5 hours ago, Ajarnbrian said:

Rich world tourists behaving like idiots with no regard for safety. Unlike the poor Burmese workers riding in the back of pick-ups, these tourists have choices in life. 

Yes, since they think that is so fun, maybe someone can enslave them on a ship for a while or in a remote factory  ...with a bunch of beer and charge them for the vacation!!

5 hours ago, Redline said:

Since when has Thailand been civilized?  The driver allowed it in any case.  Who is she to tell them it’s dangerous.  It’s not like they were driving a whole family on a motorbike at night with no lights, going the wrong direction 

Apparently nobody can tell anybody NOT to do anything here and you might be risking your life if you do. I don’t know WHO she is but probably someone with some power or she wouldn’t even consider it, someone who lived overseas maybe also?  I would certainly appreciate it if that was my dumbass son riding on top of there ....if someone stopped him.

That is why tourists do things like this, nobody ever says no here ...most they do is say “up to you” and even fail to warn people of obvious risks ...even when you ask.  Is it safe to do xyz? Yes, of course ...mai pen rai, no problem ...you might be dead at the end of the day but that is no problem for them!!

Archived