BANGKOK 24 July 2019 00:32
rooster59

‘Drunk’ foreign tourists filmed riding on the roof of Chiang Mai songthaew

Hell, this is what Thailand is all about, drunken and jacked up mayhem. At least that's what they think. It's a tradition, a right of passage to party like a rock star in Thailand.  If Thailand doesn't like this... well, it's time for some serious PR work.

Personally, I find it embarrassing and ridiculous that old codgers and young people have branded the country and the rest of us, are stereotyped. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Good god, this is getting pathetic now. They are drunk  and taking a rod daeng. Freaking safety conscious backpackers, who would have thunk it.     --->what do they want?!!  😮

25 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Does Ms Saepua also take a video and post it online when she sees 10-20 Thai (Myanmar) people on the back of a regular pickup, or only if they are westerners?

After a decade of media, powers that be, encouragement to find posts to get Thai netizens outraged -and what fun, "lets all get outraged and angry about farangs". We have come to this. Perhaps this will magically help the fifty plus hotels that are for sale in Chiang Mai due to overbuilding glut.

Maybe not, maybe after a year when Chinese tourism tanked for four months and put a major downer on tourist numbers. This is a good time to double up, and destroy what is left of backpacker tourism, cause hey who needs tourists anyway.

I don't.  :thumbsup:

Brought to you by Manager online ... the place I go to get outraged and feel the self rightous anger. Thanks Manager, thanks for everything

Edited by LomSak27
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

...or 50+ people in the back of a 15 ton tipper truck!?🙄

Or that, which is normal because they are ..................thai people 

1415477138_DSCN8464_road_22(Copy).thumb.JPG.e056c1f5f997b726daceb9108f4b17b8.JPG

752846778_PA131168_KSR(Copy).thumb.JPG.8043b42d9f667d6b57f08bed00a13e49.JPG

PC072094_rd_22.thumb.JPG.abc0eef738567d57948fb913edf5994e.JPG

• Like 2

Seen daily up my way with the kids going to school.

• Like 2

Well it seems the driver was OK with it, and why shouldn't he be as the similar stuff happens on kids school run...

Never heard of "tuk-tuk surfing"? This is nothing. 😎

Where is the photo of a whole Thai family on one scooter sans helmets with the family pooch riding shotgun in the front basket?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

'Tchhh, tchhh, tchhh' is now officially part of the Thai lexicon.

Edited by Gecko123

Ms Saepua is a bad image for CM. Nothing wrong with it and all in good fun. Now she is giving all of us a bad name. Go back and live in your glass rubber wall house woman! You disgust me!

• Like 2