BANGKOK 24 July 2019 00:56
rooster59

‘Drunk’ foreign tourists filmed riding on the roof of Chiang Mai songthaew

The smog must have lifted far enough to see them up there!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Ms Saepua described the behaviour of the foreigners as inappropriate and not good for the image of Chiang Mai.

If only tourist would spend their nights quietly in a Chiang Mai whore bar, this would never be commented on and reputations/image would be maintained!

• Haha 1

Come on guys it is reckless, and no amount of similar images containing Thai people make it less so

What irks is the undertone of action taken for breaking the law by 'damaging the image of Chang Mai'!!!

A little over the top and certainly trashing the once famous 'mai pen rai' Thai approach so popular with tourists

• Like 2

I routinely see pickup packed to the brim with migrant and local labor being hauled down highway 11.  What's the difference?
The police will have an all points bulletin out for the arrest of the foreigners.
The police will not have an all points bulletin out for the arrest of the pickup drivers dangerously hauling too many human beings in the beds of their trucks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Does Ms Saepua also take a video and post it online when she sees 10-20 Thai (Myanmar) people on the back of a regular pickup, or only if they are westerners?

Well stated!!! Kudos.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Does Ms Saepua also take a video and post it online when she sees 10-20 Thai (Myanmar) people on the back of a regular pickup, or only if they are westerners?

Why should she? These poor and very low paid workers are being transported to their workplace, whilst these drunken idoit kids do this just for fun. I'll hope they start spray painting their tags on some walls and get caught.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Yes it's reckless, obviously, but her report was not about that it was xenophobic and THAT is why we are peed orf.

Your interpretation - she appears just as peed off with the driver, Thai I guess, suggesting he be reprimanded for allowing it!! as apparently did many commenting on the post

Seems like a balanced view to me - all be it as I stated, trashing the Thai 'mai pen rai' reputation enjoyed so much by tourists

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

It is often their first experience of exploring the outside world and inevitably they do stupid things, as we all do at that age.

I'm sure they don't do these things in their home country, wonder why.

• Confused 1

My first thought was that these vehicles are easy to persuade to tip over. 

Off topic: 3 wheels are a great set up, but it's supposed to be 2 at the front and one at the back.