Medical certificate for O-A visa application

I have been unable to find an online copy of a blank medical certificate that is required for an O-A visa application at the Thai embassy in London. It is the certificate that is filled in by a doctor showing the applicant doe not have Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, drug addiction, third stage of Syphilis. I seem to remember seeing one on the Thai embassy (London) website a year or two ago, but now it does not appear there.

I am hoping that one of the seasoned members or UbonJoe could attach the most upto date version to this post.

Thanks in advance  

And where would you go to get these tests and get that document signed - a private GP would be my guess. 

Edited by Tuvoc

2 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

And where would you go to get these tests and get that document signed - a private GP would be my guess. 

one that knows you already or they could try to generate revenue from lots of expensive tests. 

i am amazed to see some of those rare, third world diseases on the london embassy no less application. i had same dilemma at vietnam embassy but can understand some of those diseases are not uncommon in viet but are applicable to locals.

Edited by atyclb

3 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

Correct.

My NHS GP would not sign as blood tests would be required and as I had no symptoms he would not sanction the tests. I subsequently contacted an Aberdeen workplace clinic and was quoted about 800gbp and would of had to wait a good few weeks for the test results. I have since heard from other folk who stated their non UK Doctors adopted a different approach and simply signed off on the certificate based on no "apparent" symptoms.

If you apply for an O visa (I think it is) in Thailand it is only valid for 3 months but no medical or police certificate is required and then convert it to a retirement visa but you still need to obtain a multiple entry permit.

7 minutes ago, Jim P said:

My local GP did mine recently, took the blood tests and checked my records, charged me £30, signed and stamped the cert.

When I obtained mine (au).

The first quack wanted to do blood tests. I left. 

Went to another and had form with me. He signed the form and I asked reception to place clinic stamp on it. Point is many GP,s will do it without even taking your pulse. Just need find sensible one.

Cost zero.

• Like 1

a sensible doctor can take a good history, do a pertinent physical exam and sign off on form. diagnosis is 90% history and review of symptoms anyway.

tests for leprosy and elefantiasis require tissue samples from suspect lesions so it is absurd to test for it in their absence.  suppose could do a tb skin test if you never got the vaccine.  no test for drug addiction

i shared the embassy paper with a usa doctor i know and he too thought it was absurd.

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 1

Do you people really think that someone in the Embassy calls up all the doctors listed on O-A Visa applications to insure that the doctor did in fact sign the form

If you can't think of a work around, then maybe your not smart enough to travel out of your home country in the first place

42 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

Do you people really think that someone in the Embassy calls up all the doctors listed on O-A Visa applications to insure that the doctor did in fact sign the form

If you can't think of a work around, then maybe your not smart enough to travel out of your home country in the first place

What are you implying. Sign form yourself? That is called fraud. Surprised mods haven't removed post. 

Apart from that, it is very easy to find GP that realizes these conditions are in the main irrelevant and will sign on the spot. In addition the embassy's in some various countries will also require stamp from clinic. 

PS nice Google research from one of the posters.

If you are in Thailand, the UK Thai Embassy will accept a medical certificate from a Thai doctor...for the O-A application

• A medical certificate issued in the UK or Ireland or Thailand, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) which include Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, drug addiction, third stage of Syphilis, and the certificate shall be valid for not more than three months.
  • Certificate of criminal record clearance from the UK (ACRO, DBS, or issued by the police) or Ireland
Edited by travelerjim
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, travelerjim said:

If you are in Thailand, the UK Thai Embassy will accept a medical certificate from a Thai doctor...for the O-A application

• A medical certificate issued in the UK or Ireland or Thailand, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) which include Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, drug addiction, third stage of Syphilis, and the certificate shall be valid for not more than three months.
  • Certificate of criminal record clearance from the UK (ACRO, DBS, or issued by the police) or Ireland

That appears to be from the "old" system.  The new evisa system states (my bolding) :

Medical certificate from the country where the applicants apply visa stating that applicants don’t have any prohibited diseases as follows; Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, drug addiction, third stage of Syphilis. The medical certificate must be issued no longer than 3 months prior to the date of submission.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, treetops said:

That appears to be from the "old" system.  The new evisa system states (my bolding) :

Medical certificate from the country where the applicants apply visa 

This is a definite change if so, at the end of April they accepted a certificate from me in obtained in Thailand.

My previous medical certificate I got about three years ago from my GP in the UK, he didn't do any tests and charged £15, standard NHS fee for stuff like that. The surgery has about half a dozen doctors on rotation however, so I could easily have got someone else less cooperative. Decided to get it in Thailand just to be prepared. 

4 hours ago, travelerjim said:

Am I wrong, or is an O-A visa only issued by your home country and not in Thailand?

7 hours ago, treetops said:

No its you that is wrong I am afraid. The UK embassy site clearly states

A medical certificate issued in the UK or Ireland or Thailand, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) which include Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, drug addiction, third stage of Syphilis, and the certificate shall be valid for not more than three months.

In fact I emailed them 2 months ago and they replied and confirmed they accept a certificate from Thailand.

Edited by jimn

9 hours ago, treetops said:

That may depend upon which page you are on when on the e visa site. It states that checking the requirements from the home page.

But I think it states the other requirements when you register and start the application process.

If it is on the embassy website the one from Thailand will accepted since they are the ones approving the application.

I need to get this medical certificate once a year (annual contract extension) - I go to MedConsult clinic to get my medical certificate (costs 180 Baht in total) and takes about 5-10 mins, it's in the racquet club

2 hours ago, dejenny80 said:

I need to get this medical certificate once a year (annual contract extension) - I go to MedConsult clinic to get my medical certificate (costs 180 Baht in total) and takes about 5-10 mins, it's in the racquet club

This is most likely the work permit version of the form and doesn't list syphilis. 

On 7/7/2019 at 11:54 PM, jimn said:

No its you that is wrong I am afraid. The UK embassy site clearly states

<snip>

In fact I emailed them 2 months ago and they replied and confirmed they accept a certificate from Thailand.

On 7/8/2019 at 1:58 AM, ubonjoe said:

That may depend upon which page you are on when on the e visa site. It states that checking the requirements from the home page.

But I think it states the other requirements when you register and start the application process.

If it is on the embassy website the one from Thailand will accepted since they are the ones approving the application.

OK there is a mismatch between the two stated requirements.  The one I quoted from came from the evisa system, after you select the visa type but before you input your nationality and residence details to check whether you're in the right place to apply.

https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/LongStay

Probably needs someone to apply with a Thai sourced document to determine its acceptability.

Data from 2 months ago precedes the introduction of the evisa system so I wouldn't like to rely on it now without current verification.

• 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Anyone used a Thai doctor for this since the visa started. My local doctor in UK wants to run loads of tests.

People have used one from a doctor here before. You just need to be sure the certificate issued meets the embassy's requirements.

• Thanks 1

On 7/8/2019 at 3:20 AM, kokopelli said:

Am I wrong, or is an O-A visa only issued by your home country and not in Thailand?

It's only issued in your home country. So every poster talking about using a doctor in Thailand is totally wrong.