Is there an unlimited data plan with any Thai cell service providers?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ThaiRebound said:

I am looking at AIS.

you know you are not locked into a plan with AIS. you can just keep bumping up you data package until you reach a level that gets you through the month. of course everyone is different.

I have WiFi at home, and there is WiFi in the places I patronise ( Pub-Resto). 

However I wanted to be reachable, and able to contact all the time. 

I found this for 29 Thb monthly, I subscribed Friday :

Internet 4G/3G
Unlimited Internet at speed of 64 kbps

Validity
30 Days

Subscribe Now!

So far I can read and write in "Line" and "Gmail". 

No need for more when not having WiFi. 

You can book a "Go NO LIMIT" package on DTAC:

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/go-no-limit.html

The data volume is unlimited but the maximum speed is limited, depending on the package. The maximum available speed is 4 Mbit/s and costs 650 THB for 30 days. Should be enough for most uses including video streaming, but except heavy downloads which you might want to do faster.

DTAC and MybyCAT have them for new SIM. 

I think "Go NO LIMIT" can be booked for any prepaid DTAC SIM.

2 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Internet 4G/3G

Validity
30 Days

That’s completely fine but I’ve often needed mobile data for my phone and tablet when in between WiFi hotspots. Such as out in the roads.  I can then use my iPhone’s built-in hotspot to provide a fairly robust 4G Internet connection to my tablet, so having a decent mobile data plan is high on my priority. I am also a ‘power user’ of Google Maps and although they offer an offline version, I appreciate the improved traffic routing that occurs with a live data connection.  We’ve continually tinkered with AIS offerings and change plans periodically. Best if anyone who needs more data connectivity to have a chat with their provider.  They have special packages that come and go, or you can tailor exactly what you need with them.  Insofar as AIS goes, every package eventually expires or you get texts offering a different plan and pricing.  Just go with the flow.  

Subscribe Now!

Ran into a problem. My TrueCall only gets 2 bars in my poor-wifi hotel. AIS gets 3 bars, but the AIS rep said  need a Thai Drivers License, which I don't have. She said a Thai friend could get a SIM for me, but my dear girlfriend has refused to do this. DTAC, I am not sure of the policy or the bars yet. Any suggestions or advice?

19 hours ago, ThaiRebound said:

Thanks, JamJar, I am looking at AIS. They have a tower outside my window.

AIS has a 6 month unlimited at 6 mbps for ฿1800.  If you download the AIS app you can shop around inside it.

Careful. When unlimited has a limit with True. First got here,saw True "unlimited" sim. bought it. Turned mob data on.. left the shop in pat. 1 hour later data seemed to have stopped. Went back to shop. Why i ask. "Oh you use your limit mr.."..  but i buy unlimited.. yeh but you use 1 gig already.. 

AIS HAD one. ฿2500/year/4mbps UNLIMITED. Now we have to renew this month and the option is not on the MyAIS app any longer. It was there just a month ago, but gone now. Best to give them a call. 

I can't get an AIS sim without a Thai national or a drivers license. I have a TrueCall sim, and it only gets up to 2 bars where I live, though I need a consistent 8mbps or higher for 6-7 hours daily. Two bars means instability on my video calls, and I am doing those for one 1 hour 6-7x a day, as I stated

22 minutes ago, ThaiRebound said:

I can't get an AIS sim without a Thai national or a drivers license

just go to any NON TOURIST mall so you don't get ripped off and look for a AIS "The One SIM". cost 49 baht. take your passport with you.

Then just select what ever plan you want on their web site or app.  

http://www.ais.co.th/theonesim/?intcid=one2call-simcard-en-packsim-theonesim

I'm interested in such a package, too.

Used to have the MaoMao 450B Net 4Mbps Monthly UL but according to a visit at the AIS customer center this package is discontinued. It was perfect for watching YouTube or Netflix outside and also a good backup for my Internet at home.

Now, is it really true that this package is not available and is there an alternative from AIS available?

FYI, this package was really unlimited in data use just limited the speed at 4Mbps.

Now I've got another package for 350 Baht that I had to top up once already because I've ran out of data and then it's just 64kbps which is totally unusable.

I don't need high speed Internet just unlimited data.

10 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Internet 4G/3G

Validity
30 Days

Subscribe Now!

DTAC have the same thing. But it costs a lot less. Just a one off payment of 30 baht.

8 hours ago, Stefanix said:

You can book a "Go NO LIMIT" package on DTAC:

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/go-no-limit.html

The data volume is unlimited but the maximum speed is limited, depending on the package. The maximum available speed is 4 Mbit/s and costs 650 THB for 30 days. Should be enough for most uses including video streaming, but except heavy downloads which you might want to do faster.

I think "Go NO LIMIT" can be booked for any prepaid DTAC SIM.

For older SIM there are better DTAC packages. For instance 90 days of 10 Mbps for 1926 baht.

You have neglected to include VAT in your quote.

The same may be available for new SIM too. But since I have an old SIM, I cannot confirm.

2 hours ago, CLW said:

I'm interested in such a package, too.

Used to have the MaoMao 450B Net 4Mbps Monthly UL but according to a visit at the AIS customer center this package is discontinued. It was perfect for watching YouTube or Netflix outside and also a good backup for my Internet at home.

Now, is it really true that this package is not available and is there an alternative from AIS available?

FYI, this package was really unlimited in data use just limited the speed at 4Mbps.

Now I've got another package for 350 Baht that I had to top up once already because I've ran out of data and then it's just 64kbps which is totally unusable.

I don't need high speed Internet just unlimited data.

If your AIS SIM was activated before the 1st of March, there are still unlimited data plans available to you.

1 Mbps

3 months *777*7379# 800 baht 

6 months *777*7328# 1200 baht 

12 months *777*7329# 1800 baht 

4 Mbps

3 months *777*7398# 1284 baht 

10 Mbps

3 months *777*7399# 1926 baht 

NCC, NiCe Call. 

I went back to my provider, TrueCall, and spoke with an English speaking staff person. I told him about the 2-bars I was getting with my 4G phone connection where I was staying. It was late, so he said to come back tomorrow. He asked me for my domain (hotel's connection), but now I am wondering if he thinks I am only getting 2 bars with the hotel's wifi. Any idea what he is fixing to do? Hmm

Added: He also said to bring my passport, a feather, and a candle. No, just a passport, sorry.

4 hours ago, JamJar said:

DTAC have the same thing. But it costs a lot less. Just a one off payment of 30 baht.

One payment of 30 baht to get Internet for ever? 

Indeed amazing, and I thought 29 Thb per month was very cheap. 

Some people are very dismissive of internet speed. With 6 mbps, you are not going to make reliably good video calls, if that's your thing. Some of these plans, one-time payment of 5 baht for 1kbps until the next species overtakes humans, are good for checking email and getting texts only. 

5 hours ago, luckyluke said:

One payment of 30 baht to get Internet for ever? 

Indeed amazing, and I thought 29 Thb per month was very cheap. 

Yes. Forever. It is designed to stop people getting charged when their data package runs out. But it's good enough for text chat on it's own. 

Archived