MORE evidence of prostitution found in Pattaya: Three arrested after raid on Walking Street bar

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windmill is its own worst enemy. It's been raided many times in the past because it has short-time rooms upstairs. There is nothing illegal about gogo bars with girls available for barfining. What might take place in the privacy of a hotel room or condo, is nobody's business. Having rooms on site is not permitted under the legislation that governs how gogo bars are run.

Despite this raid, and the fact that an underage girl was targeted, the bar is back open already.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Prostitution in Pattaya?
Never seen![emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji85]
Under Thai law, prostitution is not illegal if it is conducted "unpromiscuously". Having rooms for such activities on the premises is illegal. Girls being available for barfining is not breaking the law. Most gogos operate within the law.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, BestB said:

Kept running bar and getting customers while nearby bars were empty ????

Spot on... I was in there last Month with friends, couldn't get a seat anywhere the place was packed to the doors, and yet other Gogo bars where only 25% full  ????

11 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Police have announced they’ve found more evidence of prostitution in Pattaya - this time on Walking Street, the city’s famous red light district.

What, prostitutes in a red light district.... NO WAY!!

13 hours ago, Kim J said:

Not the first time the Windmill has been the subject of such raids.

I wonder what the owner has done (or most likely not done) to attract more than his fair share of attention from the authorities.

You never been in there? 

The price is 1000 for the lady & 300 for the room; so I've heard.

The Windmill is a popular Go-Go bar because the girls circularise and make the customer feel welcome; so I've heard.

I've been in some places where I was the ONLY customer and been roundly ignored by the half a dozen 'dancers' gossiping in the corner.

14 hours ago, BestB said:

Can not help but wonder how is it that the undercover foreigner picked 16 year old ? 

What's to wonder? He could have been told to procure the youngest looking girl... or he could have just asked the mamasan.

14 hours ago, BestB said:

And who would know that she was under age to tip off the police?

Very much an after-the-fact discovery once ID cards are checked. Maybe the cops primary objective was procurement for sex  but if he snagged an under-age girl, he would get a bonus... like being fast-tracked from the Nongplalai slammer to IDC Bangkok.

1 minute ago, gp2002 said:

I just returned from Colombia where it's legal, cheap and absolutely fantastic!  The girls are stunning. I'll be back. 

How long is the flight ? And how much is direct flight if available at all?

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

What's to wonder? He could have been told to procure the youngest looking girl... or he could have just asked the mamasan.

Very much an after-the-fact discovery once ID cards are checked. Maybe the cops primary objective was procurement for sex  but if he snagged an under-age girl, he would get a bonus... like being fast-tracked from the Nongplalai slammer to IDC Bangkok.

Highly unlikely in a bar of at least 40-50 girls to pick an underage girl for the purpose of raid.

It’s like winning a lotto????

16 hours ago, Pilotman said:

shock horror, who would have thought that there was any such thing in Walking Street, tut tut. 

It supports the saying "even blind hens find grains" - tut tut … :thumbsup:

My Buddha, what next? They'll be telling us that there are prostitutes working in Bangkok, when every good Thai knows that couldn't possibly be the case. Quickly Lek, I need the smelling salts!

28 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Perhaps more than half were underage

I presume you never been to this place ? And if there were , you do not think OP would have mentioned number of underage girls found?

10 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

What I learned from this article:

The BiB needs the help of a foreigner to find evidence of prostitution in Pattaya

It has been like that for decades. Most go-gos have people at the doors who's job it is to try and prevent local Thais from entering, or sounding the alarm if they see the police coming. A couple Thai friends of mine that own bars on Walking Street sometimes have problems entering other bars - even if they are with a "foreigner". One guy was stopped from entering a bar that his sister was part owner of. (We got in after someone had a word with the manager and let him know who my friend was.) (At one time, between him and his sister, I think they owned 6-7 bars and go-gos on Walking Street.)

However, on some occasions an undercover Thai policeman is able to sneak in and if he sees any girls dancing topless/naked, will alert his uniformed pals to raid the place.

I've sat in bars where suddenly a red light started flashing and all the topless/nude girls scrambled off stage and were quickly replaced by girls in bikinis. Seconds later a small group of police popped in, had a glance around and left again. (The guy I think was an UC had to leave the bar to use his phone to alert his buddies. When the guys at the door saw the BiB coming they pressed the button for the flashing light and by the time the cops got inside, all the girls were "clothed" so there was nothing they could do.)
Sometimes the light would flash, the girls would dash off stage and then - nothing. One of the doormen got jittery at seeing some BiB on the street maybe or hit the button by mistake.
Thai Fire Drill ! Naked girls off the stage - bikini clad girls onto the stage. 

These days they have enough TPVs that they'd have no problem getting a foreigner to go into a place "undercover" - if they had reason to do so.

(I was told once what the "cost of doing business" was for a bar on Walking Street. It's not cheap.)

A post with an overlarge emoji has been removed:

Forum Netiquette
 1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes, colors or use unusually large emoticons. It can be difficult to read.

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

I presume you never been to this place ? And if there were , you do not think OP would have mentioned number of underage girls found?

How would the farang grass have known -he was busy with just one. And yes I have been there on several occasions. I don't go in any bar asking girls ages - not my responsibility.

Archived