MORE evidence of prostitution found in Pattaya: Three arrested after raid on Walking Street bar

Jonathan Fairfield

17 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I wonder if the Police realise how ridiculous this kind of thing makes them appear to literally everyone, Thai and Farang alike.  It's a pantomime act in which they should be ashamed of taking part.  Either clear the whole of Pattaya of overt prostitution, and Bangkok and every other major Thai City, or  accept that it happens and introduce and enforce laws that protect the girls and the punters. Just stop this kind of charade that fools nobody. 

That’s just it,they don’t realise,in this or in any of the other farcical procedures. It all starts with the poor education,then look at the low brow comedy shows and TV soaps,the comically large array exhaust pipes put on haulage vehicles etc. etc. It’s just a dumbed down culture . Google average IQ by country ,the PISA educational tables and note where the country features. Explains most.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, BestB said:

Can not help but wonder how is it that the undercover foreigner picked 16 year old ? 

And who would know that she was under age to tip off the police?

If you ever been to Windmill, you will knows they keep all the underage dancers upstairs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in both cases it was on premise and the girls were underage in Bangkok it has been underage or foreign. Could this be the reason for the raids.  If they were doing prostitution along beach road w ok uld be easier.

1 minute ago, nchuckle said:

That’s just it,they don’t realise,in this or in any of the other farcical procedures. It all starts with the poor education,then look at the low brow comedy shows and TV soaps,the comically large array exhaust pipes put on haulage vehicles etc. etc. It’s just a dumbed down culture . Google average IQ by country ,the PISA educational tables and note where the country features. Explains most.

4 minutes ago, Libai said:

How did the police find out about prostitution in Walking Street?  After all it was only a short while ago that they said there was no prostitution.  Did they actually look?

Yea they looked at their monthly brown envelope and realized the envelope from Wndmill go go go bar was lighter then previous months.......Come on are people really that naive and don't know how Thailand and espicelly Pattaya works?

the farang who did the dirty on the bar,the police had a favour owing.i would never think walking st with all the bars sex was sold and on offer.i,am shocked pattaya is like that.i better be careful next time in the beach bars round soi 8 now.

11 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but in both cases it was on premise and the girls were underage in Bangkok it has been underage or foreign. Could this be the reason for the raids.  If they were doing prostitution along beach road w ok uld be easier.

Absolutely agree.

The issue here is girls working there who are underage.

Time for my daily joke at the Police's expense.

They will not put mufti cars on the roads in a bid to save thousands of

lives (against human rights they say) but will employ a stooge to catch people 

not hurting anybody else. I despair !!

I do not find the underage so funny though !!

This is getting ridiculous. As at least one earlier poster has suggested is to recognize that prostitution is a major industry in Thailand. The solution is to legalize it, license the bars and girls and give the women and lady boys protection from disease and physical abuse.

The hole city is full of prostitution!!!! But as long police seems to be involved deeply in it they hardly find any. And the reputation of pattaya is one of the hubs Thailand want to be: pribe and prostitution!

19 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Police have announced they’ve found more evidence of prostitution in Pattaya - this time on Walking Street, the city’s famous red light district.

haha????????????????????????????  -  Stop playing please 

1 hour ago, British Bulldog said:

Yeah, what is the going rate these days ... I ... errr a friend of mine said he used to pay around 1000 Bt + a bar fine and that was for all night ... err ... apparently !

Nope. The going rate til 2000 was 500 baht plus a bar fine of 150 baht at most bars in Pattaya.

•  When Thakisn then started his war on drugs, the price for one pill skyrocketed from 20 baht to 500 a pill.
  • many bar-girls used or use Jaba, so they had to work 24 hours to be able to buy one pill.
  • the price for one night didn't go up to 750 baht, no it went from 500 straight to 1,000 baht. Paying 3, or 4,000 baht for short time is insane in a country where people make 300 baht a whole day. 

MORE evidence of prostitution found in Pattaya:

Would a more appropriate title for this article be 'More evidence of a reality check need for local gens d'armes'

Police used a foreigner to go into the bar on Friday pretending to be a customer

What was his reward? Feeling like a heel that he helped justify more reasons to make it difficult for all expats even if they never go to bars.

I might be jumping the gun a little, but all this activity in such a short time - could it be the start of a prolonged campaign to clean up the resort? Or could it herald the start of a change of influence (or someone of the highest influence wanting to move in on a cash cow)? Just floating some discussion points.

Well, 16 is too young but prostitution is older than Thailand, Europe, Asia or the rest of the world.

I just hope that the Department of Labour is aware of the fact, that the problem could be tackled in two ways.

One is to LEGALIZE prostitution which would keep those nice brown envelopes no longer coming. 

The alternative would be that there will be hundreds of thousands of unemployment workers MORE, presently earning directly and indirectly from the sleazy trade.

Trillions of Baht would not flow anymore, be it alien-Thai or Thai-Thai; latter definitely much bigger than the more obvious trade where alien are involved. 

Beware, you're playing with very, very hot fire here - once no more money comes in because of the the authorities, the authorities will be slashed and burnt! 

Bar ought to get some sort of reduction in punishment as "condoms were found". Are the coppers trying to promote unsafe sex, if having condoms is incriminating?

Next up raid: 7-11s. I've seen plenty of condoms there....

When friends come to visit and want to witness some sleaze, Windmill always comes to mind.

I can not believe it girls selling sex in a bar in the red lighting area in Thailand it’s unbelievable 

what will happen next I think they might find another one soon 

they have done a fantastic job it’s so hard for a man to find girls in bars and clubs selling sex us poor farangs

must be stupid not to be as cleaver as the police and find such a bar ????

I have been down WS many times and really like the place.

But after what has been found in the report I shall never go there again.

I thought it was just a street for walking ????‍♂️ 

23 minutes ago, Spike1938 said:

This is getting ridiculous. As at least one earlier poster has suggested is to recognize that prostitution is a major industry in Thailand. The solution is to legalize it, license the bars and girls and give the women and lady boys protection from disease and physical abuse.

You can't legalize something that doesn't exist in Thailand.

On the other hand, would prostitutes like to pay taxes, etc? 

There's a place in the north of this country where foreigners die overdosed, but it's never the reason for their death. Why? Because in their book, there's no heroin with such a great police and army force. 

Nor would you find any drugs on all these party islands. It just doesn't exist and it seems that foreigners are making such things up. 

The loss of face of such a great nation of people who contact the transport department when drunk foreigners are sitting on a roof of a pick up has to be considered when living here. 

Considering that prostitution is probably the single biggest employer in Thailand you don't have to scratch the surface very deep to find evidence.

These statements just make Thailand look laughable!

This is obviously fake news, Pattaya is a family holiday destination always has been and the administration would never allow such disgusting activity.

Also I  understand that Thailand has been voted the worlds number one safest holiday destination with zero crime (apart from the occasional foreign villans who get expelled rapidly) and is the only country on the planet where corruption has never been tolerated.

Archived