MORE evidence of prostitution found in Pattaya: Three arrested after raid on Walking Street bar

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

They go to work at Thai bars and always have at least since got here in 1968.  I doubt you are going to change that.  It's a rough job and the Farang bars are much better managed so better than the Thai bars.  You are a bit mixed up in that the girl usually supports the parents at least that's the way it is in Thailand.  

I'm not trying to make any comment on morality or right or wrong.  I can only tell you what is and what always has been since the French sailors first got here in the 1700's.  

There is a charity in Pattaya that helps and an orphanage in Rayong that takes care of HIV positive children.  They can't work unless they have a skill and education and someone to take care of the children.  

Raiding brothels is not the way to solve the problem - that only makes it worse.  

people who use such underage girls deserve long prison sentences, end of. It's the sole responsibility  of the punter to ensure that the girl is of age.  As for Thai parents expecting 16 year old girls to provide for them, that in my experience is not at all universally true.  They may help on the farm, or in a small business,  while still at school, but good parents, Thai or otherwise, want to see their kids educated and settled before they expect any help in ensuring that their parents are okay.  What they don't expect, or want, is their 'child' having to have sex with some fat, sweaty. old, drunk farang peodo., in a sleazy upstairs room in a bar. 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ukrules said:
On 7/6/2019 at 5:09 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Pol Col Pongphan was one of the officers who had proudly declared there was no prostitution in Walking Street.

????

There is no proof that what he said is wrong...

Windmill is not in Walking Street BTW. :wink:

10 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

people who use such underage girls deserve long prison sentences, end of. It's the sole responsibility  of the punter to ensure that the girl is of age.  As for Thai parents expecting 16 year old girls to provide for them, that in my experience is not at all universally true.  They may help on the farm, or in a small business,  while still at school, but good parents, Thai or otherwise, want to see their kids educated and settled before they expect any help in ensuring that their parents are okay.  What they don't expect, or want, is their 'child' having to have sex with some fat, sweaty. old, drunk farang peodo., in a sleazy upstairs room in a bar. 

The majority work in Thai bars so have sex with some fat sweaty old drunk Thai in a sleazy room.  Births by Thai teenage mothers aged 15-18 increased 43 percent between 2000 and 2011.   In 2016 alone, some 14.2 per cent of all pregnancies nationwide were to adolescents.

https://thailand.unfpa.org/en/news/mothers-too-young-how-inequality-fuels-adolescent-pregnancy-thailand-1

90% of all villages in Pattani have drug users, mostly teenagers.  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40081330

The bars know when they are going to be raided and all the illegal people leave.  

Get educated about the problem.  https://pratthanadee.org

A peodo is a person who wants children not women who are mothers for the most part though young ones.  I give money and supplies to the charity that cares for HIV children and have talked to them about their work.   

7 hours ago, sanemax said:
7 hours ago, Monkeyrobot said:

Does that girl still work there that shoots bananas out of her pussy?.. 

Dont think so, think that she got married to Ron the ex milkman  and now lives happily back in Issan

Not only are they happily married, they've also won an award for their banana milkshake recipe.

Hope they raid each and every one of these rip off gogo bars and close them down...as well as 

the crooked bars on soi 6. 

Punters dont need them...all they do is gouge and inflate the going rates.

I'd rather do my own hunting in the discos....one on one.

I was there the night before the raid. I saw no one who looked remotely underage. A setup? I also think the farang offered 4,000 to make sure he got the right girl and it was happily accepted. But underage could close Windmill for five years. 

Why do they always bring this 'human trafficking' bit into it? Most of them are Thai hookers or are they singling out the Laotian girls who are hooking without a work permit? Still, at least the BIB have managed to find 1 more in Pattaya. Can't be many left now.

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

You've either lived a very sheltered life or currently live a very blinkered one.

On 7/6/2019 at 5:18 PM, Samui Bodoh said:

"...It was discovered that for a price punters could have sex with women who worked there in one of a number of special rooms located above the bar..."

That is shocking as hell! And, honestly quite unbelievable.

I wonder how long it has been going on?

Hmm...

oh i go regular and take one with a uniform on , they are nice age there , sometimes cant tell on age some at that age look 22 years old , better with the light off then if the keystone cops barge in , its oh sorry the light was out so i did not know ha ha made me laugh they found no evidence its all over walking st prostitution ha ha , bet police would not know it was prostitution if you were on the floor in middle of walking st giving an 18 year old bird it in front of the tourist police tables at start of walking st then got up with condom dangling and give the girl 1000 baht after they would probably think you were buying her some ice cream ha ha LOL after all pattaya is a family resort yeh ?? yehh sure it is ha ha 

17 hours ago, BestB said:

Highly unlikely in a bar of at least 40-50 girls to pick an underage girl for the purpose of raid.

It’s like winning a lotto????

Maybe punters that like them young have a '6th sense' that cuts through all that age clutter? But, as I already suggested, he probably just asked the mamasan. That's part of their job description, to know the ages of the girls so when a punter asks...

1 hour ago, myjawe said:

Another foreigner snitch... I wonder who they are ?!

Why? They're sad sacks that have been banged up at Nongplalai, mostly for drugs, working illegally or running scams that stepped on the toes of others and thus seeking a way to earn their 'get out of jail' cards.

39 minutes ago, Deli said:

Maybe overstayers who get a new Visa in exchange for snitching ?

Likely something a bit more serious and they are allowed out. It would be dangerous to hang around town after doing this. 

8 hours ago, Cuba said:

You've either lived a very sheltered life or currently live a very blinkered one.

BS. so you support or use underage girls? So you don't think Thai parents love their young kids enough to protect them from the likes of those that do use them and want the best for them? If I am sheltered or blinkered, then you must have a very twisted view of life/people/girls here. 

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

BS. so you support or use underage girls? So you don't think Thai parents love their young kids enough to protect them from the likes of those that do use them and want the best for them? If I am sheltered or blinkered, then you must have a very twisted view of life/people/girls here. 

You must be reading a different thread.  I've not seen anyone suggesting support for underage prostitution in this thread.  Rather any intelligent discussion of the problem or possible solutions are misinterpreted by you attacking the poster with underage smear tactics.  

I think you should realize the way these young women are recruited.  If you didn't know it a lady comes to the village and pays off the parents who give the young lady to the traffickers.  

Or the lady has a friend in Pattaya who fronts her the money for the bus and clothes necessary to start and she pays the friend back.  

I've lived in Thailand a long time (1968) and have never seen any traffic in children - that's in Cambodia so I hear but have never gone.  

Its only  be going on since vietnam war  this  stuff. So i can see why  its hard to find this kind of evidence.

I don't  like pattaya it's  not  my cup of tea  but i understand  why people  do like it. It should  be left to its own devises.

I am so worried about  the situation  of foreigners  getting  booted out and entertainment  zone  being  closed down

The place is becoming more like a ghost town

Which effects Thai  businesses also

9 minutes ago, BigC said:

Its only  be going on since vietnam war  this  stuff. So i can see why  its hard to find this kind of evidence.

I don't  like pattaya it's  not  my cup of tea  but i understand  why people  do like it. It should  be left to its own devises.

I am so worried about  the situation  of foreigners  getting  booted out and entertainment  zone  being  closed down

The place is becoming more like a ghost town

Which effects Thai  businesses also

Sorry, since 1700's when the first laws were written for the conduct of part time relationships with French and Portuguese sailors. 

I was here before the Vietnam war and there was a thriving red light area in Bangkok called https://mythailand.blog/2018/10/30/bangkoks-infamous-mosquito-bar/

Pattaya was not a R&R area as there was nothing much there.  That came a few years later.  R&R was in Bangkok as it was already well established there.  

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

You must be reading a different thread.  I've not seen anyone suggesting support for underage prostitution in this thread.  Rather any intelligent discussion of the problem or possible solutions are misinterpreted by you attacking the poster with underage smear tactics.  

I think you should realize the way these young women are recruited.  If you didn't know it a lady comes to the village and pays off the parents who give the young lady to the traffickers.  

Or the lady has a friend in Pattaya who fronts her the money for the bus and clothes necessary to start and she pays the friend back.  

I've lived in Thailand a long time (1968) and have never seen any traffic in children - that's in Cambodia so I hear but have never gone.  

Now , now boys enough of this frivolity - kiss and make up and have a kissing threesome with the underage girl - only kissing !!

Archived