Why do farangs leave their brains at the airport

watgate

I am sure this topic has been discussed to death but I am continually amazed how dumb and stupid guys can be. My g/f told me a fellow from England who has to be in his late 50's or 60's met a 20 year old bargirl in Pattaya. Evidently this English fellow fell head over heels for this very young lady and is preparing to marry her. This young girl's mother used to work as a bar girl in Pattaya so she knows all the tricks and taught her daughter well.Lo and behold this english fellow, who is well off, has already bought his 20 year old soon to be bride a new truck. He is now looking to buy around 10 rai in the Buriram area from my g/f' sister who owns the 10 rai. He will be paying 2 million baht for the 10 rai and is planning to build a huge house for him and his soon to be wife. Also, from what I understand, this English fellow is giving his young g/f upwards of 200,000 baht a month. The kicker is this 20 year old girl has a thai boyfriend who she loves deeply. The english fellow has no idea of the thai boyfriend and is sure that he is the one for her and they will settle down together and live happily ever after. So my question is why do so many farangs leave their brains at the airport?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because airport provides free brain lockers to store the brains ?

Because stupid gas is released once aircraft enters Thai airspace ?

Because lonely old man think they are goddess gift to a woman ?

His life, his decision. It's probably happened to thousands of sad middle aged men and if he is too blinkered, or stupid to see it, he deserves all that is surely coming to him. 

same thing happening here in Hua Hin with a friend's friend. but not so much money involved as the op's story.

everyone knows she is a "ex" bar girl except this poor guy. He is buying her a house in Hua Hin. It ain't cheap here.

He does what makes him happy - and why not?

It seems he has a lot of money and it seems she makes him happy enough that he is willingly spending that money.

And why not?

Should he die in the UK with lots of money and leave it maybe to his kids or a charity or what?

I think many people who write or talk about situations like that would do the same or other crazy things if they would have lots of money. Is it i.e. smarter to buy a Ferrari or maybe a big house or something "sensible"?

4 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

same thing happening here in Hua Hin with a friend's friend. but not so much money involved as the op's story.

everyone knows she is a "ex" bar girl except this poor guy. He is buying her a house in Hua Hin. It ain't cheap here.

(Ex) bar girls know often exactly how to make guys happy. I know some people would prefer a woman from a good family who would never ever do such things. But as we know good girls go to heaven and bad girls go everywhere - and do a lot of things good girls wouldn't do. And many man love those things. ???? 

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

yes, and this isn't it. 

It sounds like he is in love with her and he thinks she is in love with him.

If he would die today he would die as a happy man - probably happier than anytime previously in his life.

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It sounds like he is in love with her and he thinks she is in love with him.

If he would die today he would die as a happy man - probably happier than anytime previously in his life.

Yes true enough, which is why I say it's his life. He may well know all about her and not care. if so, then good luck to him and if his money brings him happiness, however fleeting, well, that's what money is for after all. 

Is it any different than a wealthy sugar daddy in a western country having a blonde bimbo as his arm candy, buying her expensive gifts and paying her rent? You don't think old Hugh Hefner (when he was alive) was bonking all those stunners for free?

39 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

His life, his decision. It's probably happened to thousands of sad middle aged men and if he is too blinkered, or stupid to see it, he deserves all that is surely coming to him. 

not sure if he 'deserves' bad things to happen to him but he is misguided in thinking he can buy someone to keep himself happy..

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Is it any different than a wealthy sugar daddy in a western country having a blonde bimbo as his arm candy, buying her expensive gifts and paying her rent? You don't think old Hugh Hefner (when he was alive) was bonking all those stunners for free?

The difference is the sugar daddy is well aware that the arm candy is there for the money and not love. Also this bloke probably can't afford her.

who are we to criticize others decisions, it's his money, his life let him be as long as he's happy but the key board warriors can't accept, 1st step criticism, negativism and judging without knowing anything about the person(s) involved... please go ahead guys, feel free

36 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

yes, and this isn't it. 

Probably the closest this particular "Farang" has come to it! hope he enjoys it while it lasts, probably wont be for long! 

18 minutes ago, sadhukar said:

The difference is the sugar daddy is well aware that the arm candy is there for the money and not love. Also this bloke probably can't afford her.

The OP said that the bloke is "well off", so can't see the difference. You just assume that he expects her to love him, he may not give a toss as long as he gets his leg over.

If he's got the money to burn, fair play to him, he must have worked hard for it. Being able to bang a hot 20 year old girl at that age isn't going to be cheap in any country - I'm sure he knows he is being fleeced but ignorance is bliss. I'm envious to be honest. Real love is something that Western women want, for men a business transaction is much easier.

For all you know he may be ill and could die in 12 months - if that's the case then I'd be doing the same. Everyone's situation is different, just because someone is doing something you don't like or approve of doesn't mean that they left their brain at Suvarnabhumi.

And no matter how much money you throw at them they still want to sit on the floor instead of the table when eating .. And don't think about getting the posh cutlery out .. unless its got one of those short dumpy spoons they love .. Using the dessert spoon for the soup doesn't go down well .. 

2 minutes ago, RobboR said:

He could have 6 girls a day everyday for a month for the 200k he is paying her

She must have a throat deeper than his pockets!

Or maybe he just really likes her and couldn't give a crap about money?

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Because airport provides free brain lockers to store the brains ?

Because stupid gas is released once aircraft enters Thai airspace ?

Because lonely old man think they are goddess gift to a woman ?

And he believes the girl loves him and they will be happily living together forever, because he wants to believe it. 

Spending copious amounts of money on your young Thai hottie could be considered dumb. Doing it at 38 baht to the pound? Well that's just shear lunacy.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And he believes the girl loves him and they will be happily living together forever, because he wants to believe it. 

I doubt very much that he thinks that. Some people undoubtedly reach a point in their lives where they have more money than they could ever spend - what they buy and do will no doubt seem crazy to the rest of us, but that 20 year old has something between her legs which he loves deeply and is willing to chuck away a few percent of his wealth on. Good for him. 

Archived