Why do farangs leave their brains at the airport

watgate

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I find it interesting how many people are so 100% sure that this never works.

I have a friend who is over 70 and he has a Thai girlfriends who he met when she was 18 and now she is 21.

She lives with him in luxury and goes to school/university. 

He pays her a monthly "salary" which is good but a lot less than others might think.

And when I see them together (at their home or for dinner) both seem to be happy.

Obviously I am not 100% of the time together with them but for me it seems like a happy couple.

So it seems it is possible to have such a happy relationship.

Is it a relationship or is it a business arrangement?

When then money ends, does the relationship?... If the guy goes into such a deal with eyes wide open knowing exactly what it is, then that's their choice. However, we see so many who seem to pull the wool over their own eyes and make fools of themselves without knowing.

The answer to this post is easy - Loneliness. Farang men in middle age have little opportunity in their own country to find ladies. Over time this evolves into desperatation.  Then the man comes to Thailand and who can think straight in such an environment? The man is hungry for love. For some men buying a home for a lady and giving money is a small price to pay in order to have love or at least an appearance of love. For many Thai people of meager income, marrying a foreigner is the path to upward mobility. 

I have known farang men in Thailand who deep down inside know the young lady has a Thai boyfriend but they prefer to lie to themselves than be alone.  I have seen some men relinquish all their self-respect and dignity for the touch of the young girl. You reap what you sow.

58 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have a friend who is over 70 and he has a Thai girlfriends who he met when she was 18 and now she is 21.

He pays her a monthly "salary" which is good but a lot less than others might think.

And when I see them together (at their home or for dinner) both seem to be happy.

Obviously I am not 100% of the time together with them but for me it seems like a happy couple.

I know one too.  He 70 she 20 go go dancer when they met.  Now 2 children.   6 months USA, 6 months Thailand every year.  4 or 5 homes they sure seem like they get along.  Very happy family.  Almost 10 years now.  He has been ill a couple of times and she took great care of him in USA and Thailand.  Now back on his feet.  

1 hour ago, hellohello123 said:

Did you ever pay lots of money for a girl you loved? Pay as in per hour or spend more money than normally?

ive spent more on a girl than my normal levels for a girl that I was gaga for, but I will never be buying them cars/houses etc

admittedly, I lent a girl some money and never got it back ($2k USD equivalent) , lessen learnt eventually

And in the hindsight, would you do it again?

NO

Not going to get married again...just going to find a woman I can't stand and buy her a house!

21 hours ago, giddyup said:

Is it any different than a wealthy sugar daddy in a western country having a blonde bimbo as his arm candy, buying her expensive gifts and paying her rent? You don't think old Hugh Hefner (when he was alive) was bonking all those stunners for free?

me thinks in hefners case he was bonking many for free not costing him a cent as he was in charge of a business empire and made decisions that could make or break many a lucrative career and it was all corporate money

21 hours ago, watgate said:

So my question is why do so many farangs leave their brains at the airport?

Apart from the free "Brain Deposit", as @BestB mentioned, the situation is likely this...

Back in Western farang-land a man in his late 50's, or in his 60's, can hardly look after a young girl in her early 20's without being considered a pedophile – and he most likely wouldn't have a chance either with the young ladies for a relationship, if he is not both famous and rich (that always seems to make the difference) – and then he comes to Thailand, and the first beautiful young gorgeous chick he eyes falls in love with him. That is hard to resist...????

Furthermore, it is extremely hard to just "let go" – what if this girl is special, and the only one that really loves him? – so why not stick to that lovely girl, now fate has brought her to him.

I can recall my own first time as single man in Thailand – my second visit, 14 years before I had been here on vacation together with my home country girlfriend – 52 years old, and after a number of, well too many yeas as single, I was really an easy target for the professional birds of the nightlife. In a disco this good looking young gorgeous girl asked if I could light her cigarette, holding a nearly empty beer bottle. So she got both fire and a full bottle of beer. After reveling she was 22 years old – I later realized she was 19 – she came with me to my bungalow. Even I was not looking for a steady relationship, how could I let this free(lance) bird fly away..?

Supporting with small money – she cleverly didn't ask for anything big – and back again in LoS within a month. Three month later she came to visit me in my farang country. I was not in love, it was just too unbelievable to let go...:whistling:

Speaking to 40+ friends that found young Thai girlfriends – and wife – and talking about how I felt, they said: »That's exactly how I felt too.«

So when it's "too good to be true", the brain goes into deposit...????

...at least for a while. In my case it – of course – didn't last, it was all about money and support. However not in the financial level as the English man mentioned in OP; he really spoils it for us "ordinary folks", my first Thai girlfriend also told stories about farangs that gave their girlfriend houses for millions of baht, even 10 million was mentioned...???? I knew from the beginning my case was a question of support, and I had set a target that I could afford, and was willing to risk, because, what now if it worked out well...????

Later I resisted the free deposit and kept my brain when passing through the airport, and luckily I met this "special" young lovely girl, and by keeping my brain it has so far worked fine for 15 years...????

Every guy in my town , knew what was going on with my gf, but not one word, Pathetic, I would want to know, bros before hoes....why not say something, Thx god I not build her house and paid her 8,000 a month for 7 years, leave him a note, Do Something.......

????

7 hours ago, PoorMeMuppets said:

But if you 'fall for the first girl you meet in a bar' you surely ARE being stupid about it, no?

What i meant was ,dont rush off and marry her , when i first came i "fell in love "with nearly all the bar girls i slept with , well for a day or so at least ????

23 hours ago, watgate said:

So my question is why do so many farangs leave their brains at the airport?

To leave it at the airport, you first need to have a brain... He might have left it at home or had no brain to begin with ????

3 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

if they are both happy, thats fine, its their live, its their choice, its none of our business,

but if he comes onto TV once the money runs out or she has found a higher bidder or another bidder and says "oh she was different" or "I never saw this coming" than hes going to get roasted,

if the worst case and likely scenerio happens, will he just accept it and move on?

I know him since maybe 10 or 15 years. He moved already on from one 18 year old to another. The ex found a higher bidder (200k per month) and he told her she should go for it. Sometimes they still see each other and talk to each other, no hard feelings. And I am pretty sure in worst case scenario he will find another one to make him happy.

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

me thinks in hefners case he was bonking many for free not costing him a cent as he was in charge of a business empire and made decisions that could make or break many a lucrative career and it was all corporate money

His daughter was CEO from 1988 to 2009

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Is it a relationship or is it a business arrangement?

When then money ends, does the relationship?... If the guy goes into such a deal with eyes wide open knowing exactly what it is, then that's their choice. However, we see so many who seem to pull the wool over their own eyes and make fools of themselves without knowing.

Good question, I don't know.

He has an enormous pension so it's unlikely he will ever run out of money. He spends a lot but not more than he gets.

In the theoretical case that he would not pay her anymore I am not sure if she would leave him. She seems to be happy. I guess luxury life does not hurt and the guy is nice, fit for age, and educated.

I see them since years and I don't get the impression she is with him for the money. But then again lots of Thai girls have a great talent to play the role guys want to see. Is it real? I don't know. But it looks real enough.

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Good question, I don't know.

He has an enormous pension so it's unlikely he will ever run out of money. He spends a lot but not more than he gets.

In the theoretical case that he would not pay her anymore I am not sure if she would leave him. She seems to be happy. I guess luxury life does not hurt and the guy is nice, fit for age, and educated.

I see them since years and I don't get the impression she is with him for the money. But then again lots of Thai girls have a great talent to play the role guys want to see. Is it real? I don't know. But it looks real enough.

Children change things.  What started out as a business may turn into a family enterprise.  Kids and Christmas and the rest of the Farang family.  Does stuff to even the most hardened go go dancer.  

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

Well, they weren't doing it for love were they? There were certainly going to be benefits of one kind or another.

1 hour ago, Nice Boyd said:

Every guy in my town , knew what was going on with my gf, but not one word, Pathetic, I would want to know, bros before hoes....why not say something, Thx god I not build her house and paid her 8,000 a month for 7 years, leave him a note, Do Something.......

How often did you try to tell a guy that his beloved gf is not as much in love with him like she pretends?

I think I tried it maybe three times when I started to live in Thailand. All three guys didn't want to hear it. All three guys accused me of wanting to destroy their wonderful relationship, etc.

After that I never said anything again and I don't plan to get involved in any of this.

If a guy would ask me specifically if I know if his gf does this and that I would tell him the truth. But only if he asks and if he gives me the impression he wants to know the truth.

23 hours ago, giddyup said:

The OP said that the bloke is "well off", so can't see the difference. You just assume that he expects her to love him, he may not give a toss as long as he gets his leg over.

Without a doubt, and if he is so well off then he USUALLY isn't stupid and knows it isn't his stunning looks she has gone for, maybe he is stringing her along and enjoying all the bonuses now on possible false promises he is making for the future?

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

And your girlfriend is in the loop and knows all this, how?....   who else is leaving their brain at the airport?

Yeah, and you can bet your backside his girlfriend has embellished the story somewhat, if she is passing on second hand information.

23 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

I wonder why the same old trolling subjects come up from time to time ?

Same stories with more exaggeration to keep people interested...or not!  I find it difficult to believe he is slinging 200,000 baht a month at her. He is bound to have mates who visit the bars and checked out the monthly going rates with them and if any are involved in relationships and how much they send!, and I bet it sure isn't anywhere near 200K!  That's over 5,000 GBP a month.

It may be true but the cynic in me doubts it.

49 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How often did you try to tell a guy that his beloved gf is not as much in love with him like she pretends?

I think I tried it maybe three times when I started to live in Thailand. All three guys didn't want to hear it. All three guys accused me of wanting to destroy their wonderful relationship, etc.

After that I never said anything again and I don't plan to get involved in any of this.

If a guy would ask me specifically if I know if his gf does this and that I would tell him the truth. But only if he asks and if he gives me the impression he wants to know the truth.

You are on the nail. Me as well. I have in a previous life, given honest and good advice to friends in the dim and distant past. I have been accused of the same and worse, they have gone and told the girls and boys what I have said!

I just  don't give advice when they come and ask, because in all honesty, they don't want it.

They want you to agree with them that they are making a brilliant decision. With foreigners in the past, I have shown them how to do visas, how to get around the system, introduced them to good reputable people who could help them with various problems involving Thai women and never had as much as a bottle of wine given for the trouble.

However, they have made a speedy run up to see me when their plans have gone to ratshit. I am middle moving into late fifties, I can no longer be bothered.

5 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

What is the problem?  it is reasonable to leave it at the airport you only need the little guy when in Thailand!

yeah, no need to carry 2 heads around, one is more than enough 555

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

wow....

On 7/6/2019 at 6:08 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

(Ex) bar girls know often exactly how to make guys happy. I know some people would prefer a woman from a good family who would never ever do such things. But as we know good girls go to heaven and bad girls go everywhere - and do a lot of things good girls wouldn't do. And many man love those things. ???? 

Yes, who would prefer an amateur in bed?

Archived